School janitor arrested for selling d...

School janitor arrested for selling drugs

There are 117 comments on the Newsday story from May 2, 2007, titled School janitor arrested for selling drugs. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Westhampton Beach High School janitor is under arrest for selling illegal drugs on school grounds, Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota's office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
your kidding right

Denver, CO

#1 May 2, 2007
where are the little rich kid's from westhampton going to get their drugs from now?
History Major

New Rochelle, NY

#2 May 2, 2007
I guess this guy was cutting into the sales of a certain former Westhampton Police chiefs daughter or a certain former westhampton detectives brother. Can't have competition from the unconnected. In my humble opinion of course. The files for both exist in the office of "public integrity" under Catterson and have for a long time. SIC are you listening?
David Brent

East Hampton, CT

#3 May 2, 2007
I wonder if this janitor was selling to kids and teachers or just the teachers or to just the kids. Thanks for the hard pressed facts Newsday! Keep up that great reporting.

Since: Apr 07

Cutchogue, NY

#5 May 2, 2007
wow guess its a slow day for news. Can we just read about things what really matter. THey got him its over who cares.
Amanda Hugandkiss

East Hampton, CT

#6 May 2, 2007
Wow...selling of drugs in Westhampton? OMG!! Quick, someone call the police! Alert the media...oh wait. nevermind.
Observer

Pleasanton, CA

#7 May 2, 2007
Oh, nice! How did he get hired in the first place?
Calm Yourself

Valley Stream, NY

#8 May 2, 2007
NYRESQ wrote:
wow guess its a slow day for news. Can we just read about things what really matter. THey got him its over who cares.
Some people may care that they are sending their children to a school that has its very own on-campus dealer.
Charlies Opinion

Medford, NY

#9 May 2, 2007
...and his name is ??? Did I miss it?
FranklyMyDeer

Edison, NJ

#10 May 2, 2007
NYRESQ wrote:
Well now, how would we know they got him if it wasn't in the news?
What

Oakdale, NY

#11 May 2, 2007
The story implies alot but says nothing. typical of newsday.
Did he have drugs on school property?
Was he dealing to the kids? The staff or Faculty?
Where kids coming to where he lived to cop?
Some details and facts would add interest to the story
Bella

Orange Park, FL

#12 May 2, 2007
Eubie wrote:
I think it irresponsible of the cops to arrest this man. Students should be buying illiegals drugs from a grown up.
lol you kill me
your kidding right

Denver, CO

#14 May 2, 2007
Calm Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people may care that they are sending their children to a school that has its very own on-campus dealer.
you mean street corner pharmacist
i guess parents didn't teach their children to well to "JUST SAY NO", and now their going to act like they care...BS
if kids really want drug, they'll find a way to get them

Since: Apr 07

Cutchogue, NY

#15 May 2, 2007
FranklyMyDeer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, how would we know they got him if it wasn't in the news?
Thats the point bring it up at the local PTA meeting but to put this in the paper its like they are fishing for more reasons to bash the communties of long island.
For newsday to be a longisland based paper you would really think they would look for good things instead of every little bad headline they can find.
FJM

Andover, MA

#17 May 2, 2007
To History Major

there's a lot of strange doings when it comes to drugs on the East End. I have a place in Westhampton and for years there is a local family who are clearly dealing drugs from their house - a call to the Town Police would generate a cessation of dealing by the family - for a few weeks - then it starts again. Another call would result in the same result. It was like they were being warned or told to "cool it". I'm not surprised by your comments.
Thetruth

Killeen, TX

#18 May 2, 2007
Taking bets on the race card? I'm bettin nigra..
Ivan Terribleitch

East Hampton, CT

#19 May 2, 2007
So a janitor at Westhampton schools is selling drugs? Was it an elementary school? A high school? Who were the active clients of said janitor? Was he dealing to the staff? Was he dealing to the children that attend this school?

How did the cops find out? Did one of his clients rat him out?

I have far too many questions that Newsday should've tried answering before printing this story. Just goes to show the fine reporting that this so called newspaper drills out to the public.
FranklyMyDeer

Edison, NJ

#20 May 2, 2007
NYRESQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the point bring it up at the local PTA meeting but to put this in the paper its like they are fishing for more reasons to bash the communties of long island.
For newsday to be a longisland based paper you would really think they would look for good things instead of every little bad headline they can find.
Oh come on pal....what the hell do you think newspapers are for? Would you like to only read about "Aunt Martha will be baking apple pies tonight"? Selling drugs in a school is a very serious charge, not something the PTA should handle.
DWW

Wellesley, MA

#22 May 2, 2007
FTFA:
...executed by Westhampton Beach and Suffolk police and other member organizations of Spota's East End Drug Task Force.

Spota created a drug task force for the east end, yeah nice, play to the towns with money. I hardly think the east end has a greater drug problem than the more depressed areas of Suffolk.
Money has a loud voice!

Spota should go back to defending crooked cops, I hate fact this guy is paid with tax dollars.
He should be in PMITA prison.
Steve

New York, NY

#23 May 2, 2007
Bet he gets his pension!
tosh

New Hyde Park, NY

#24 May 2, 2007
A janitor selling drugs on school grounds? Disgusting..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Wed Luis 562
Lets play what has Gary lied about! (Mar '13) May 23 Name withheld 99
News Heartland mega-project gets county planning app... May 19 dictatorship 6
Choya Farm (Oct '16) May 15 Bruce 13
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) May 11 Lisa 337
News Ex-Smithtown building director arrested in probe (May '08) May 3 07 Mustang 30
News Officials: Fire displaces residents in East Mor... (Oct '15) Oct '15 lori simpson 1

East Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moriches Mortgages