Yankee owners file power price deal with utilities

There are 44 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 18, 2009, titled Yankee owners file power price deal with utilities. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Under pressure to make their case for a 20-year license extension, Vermont Yankee's owners Friday outlined their proposal for a new power purchase agreement with state utilities, but lawmakers and the utilities denounced it as insufficient.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brattleboro

Topsham, ME

#42 Dec 23, 2009
Mike Mulligan wrote:
“What????? What exactly is an "Ayn Rand extremist"?”
Silly, a right wing republican and they are part of the “I hate the government” group, are out to destroy the country to make a few extra pennies.
“Are you assuming that all people working for a nuclear power plant have passed a ideology litmus test?”
Absolutely yes, they run their employees though a set of hoops, they separate the chaff from the wheat. They are a republican making factory....the cult of selfishness.
If the employees would have been doing their jobs, defining their work environment not Entergy...they would have flew though relicensing.
The nuclear energy industry is a politically exclusive industry...only republicans and libertarians need apply. I'll bet you 95% of them vote republican.
You are correct about the industry having standards. Thay is why the tossed you out with the chaft. But you are wrong, in my estimate about half of all nukes are Democrats. And being pro business is not anti American.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#43 Dec 23, 2009
This is the part where Mike Mulligan responds up to 57 consecutive times before weeping uncontrollably into his hands and falling asleep clutching his blanky.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#44 Dec 23, 2009
Yea, but i am dead on right!
xcv

Elkridge, MD

#45 Dec 25, 2009
Yes`

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One of McAllister's alleged victims was an inte... May 22 McCann skool dropout 10
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Montpelier, VT (Nov '11) May 20 Harrison Snapp 10
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... May 15 hmmm 1
News Hundreds join May Day demonstration at statehouse May 8 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
Debate: Marijuana - Montpelier, VT Apr 30 Blowhard Bolog 2
News Windsor officials worry about call to close prison Apr '15 jhimD 1
News Some Vt. utilities try to put brakes on solar boom (Aug '13) Aug '13 KitemanSA 17
More from around the web

East Montpelier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]