Climate Change Blamed for Fading Foliage -

Full story: Newsday 8
EAST MONTPELIER, Vt. - Every fall, Marilyn Krom tries to make a trip to Vermont to see its famously beautiful fall foliage. Full Story
Bob

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 20, 2007
And I can't understand why the letters B and S next to each other have to be censored on this message board. Are we that afraid of offending someone? Geez, this country is in trouble.
John

Lafayette, CO

#4 Oct 20, 2007
Its Bush's fault.
Gores an Azzclown

Port Jervis, NY

#5 Oct 20, 2007
THIS GLOBAL WARMING IS THE EARTH'S NATURAL CYCLE, ALL YOU NUMNUTS.
Nobel Peace Prize can be found in box of cracker jax,
(Altho sad the leaves are not as vivid)
Cursed

San Francisco, CA

#6 Oct 20, 2007
The world has to many wars. I hope the place burns up and cools down and a world with no human being's has a new beginning, nice.
Oh Nuts

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Oct 20, 2007
I was planning to go this weekend up North but now I'll just stay on Long Island and hope Autumn arrives sometime before Christmas.
Candy in Canton

Canton, GA

#10 Oct 22, 2007
Oh my! What is wrong with us in America when people are starving around the world, dying in wars, and we are concerned about the colors of the leaves! How about slowing the growth of paving, industry, and building another mega-store asphalt and concrete shopping center to slow global warming! We could try being proactive instead of lamenting after the fact.Campaign for better stewardship of the environment! Do something!Don't just complain about the leaves and tourism!!

“Dan Allen Dot Com”

Since: Jul 07

Montpelier, Vermont

#11 Nov 12, 2007
I am interested to see whether the University of Vermont, Agency of Natural Resources, or other Vermont institution will develop an objective, scientific process for measuring the brilliance of the fall colors. The data could be matched with weather data, reducing the guesswork of what is happening, and possibly what we can expect in coming years.

This data might correlate with maple syrup quality and yield.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#12 Nov 13, 2007
John wrote:
Its Bush's fault.
why not everything else is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Montpelier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mumia Selected as Commencement Speaker for College Oct 11 Community Disorga... 6
Serial arsonist suspected in string of fires Sep '14 Tony 1
Police Investigating Series of Suspicious Fires... Aug '14 Community Disorga... 1
OMG....they allow you people to vote? Aug '14 New Englander 2
Ship illegal cockroaches to vermont Jul '14 Former New Englander 1
Some Vt. utilities try to put brakes on solar boom (Aug '13) Aug '13 KitemanSA 17
Gov. Shumlin, wife finalize their divorce (Apr '13) Apr '13 Puzzled 1
East Montpelier Dating
Find my Match

East Montpelier Jobs

East Montpelier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Montpelier News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Montpelier

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]