Official: Situation with election equ...

Official: Situation with election equipment in parking lot appe...

There are 7 comments on the WQAD story from Feb 3, 2010, titled Official: Situation with election equipment in parking lot appe.... In it, WQAD reports that:

Last night News 8 cameras captured the exchange of election equipment in a high school parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

over it

Iowa City, IA

#1 Feb 3, 2010
Why does everyone think this is a big secret? The County staff and most of the hundreds of election judges know about this. Seems Larry Toppert hasn't researched this office as well as he thought. It is unfortunate that this location was not a secret last night because innocent employees and election officials, including election judges, were harrassed. That is disturbing to me. The news media and the people working for canidates have no right to interfere with the election process or the employees trying to do their jobs. The employees at the Clerk's office are in no way involved in the ongoing accusations surrounding the office and should not have to suffer the fallout.
Number 9

Rockford, IL

#2 Feb 3, 2010
Thanks over it-you are very right. Also thanks to Chris Williams and Mr. Bohnsack for for all your help. The situation at this "NOT SECRET" location was very uncomfortable. Employees were treated very nasty by Toppert's supporters. I think this shows what kind of person this man is. It was very unfortunate that these employees and election officials who prouldy serve the voters of Rock Island County were harrassed as well as judges who were concerned about the chaos that was created. No one deserved to be treated like they were.
Larry-your dirty campaigning did not pay off for you. I hope you feel your money was well spent. Fortunately for the employees of that office-it backfired on you-however, unforunate for you. Maybe next time you might try a new campaign strategy.
Get a clue

Rockford, IL

#3 Feb 3, 2010
Larry-you are a moron-"Again, this is another blatant disregard for open and verifiable elections." Have you ever tried to come and watch and election be run from this office? There are 20 or so vote centers that drop off at UT and the rest at the County. Why would someone working in Cordova drive all the way to RI when there could be remote site. I guess maybe they should have so it would have taken longer to show the results that you are the LOSER.
All judges materials that go to the vote centers instruct them where their drop off sight is. Each judge is aware of this. Do you really think this is a BIG SECRET if hundreds know about. Just because you are not as informed about this office as you apparently thought doesn't mean it is secret.
Give it up and move on. You lost PERIOD. Quit looking for things to bring these girls down.
informed thank you

Rockford, IL

#4 Feb 3, 2010
Larry Toppert supporters are:
A. Conspiracy theorists
B. Media Moguls who like seeing themselves on the news
C. Have to make better choices before smearing the integrity and intelligence of trained judges of BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES
D. Needing to get a life
E. All of the above
informed thank you

Rockford, IL

#5 Feb 3, 2010
This also explains why voting information was stuck at 72% the better part of the evening. I will be writing my state representatives and asking for law passage for stiffer penalties for interfering with election judges duties. The first report said that the election judges were not wearing there credentials. Perhaps their coats were zipped up because it was cold? Toppert supporters are like Superman and have xray vision and tell the media that the judges were not wearing credentials? By the power of Greyskull I HAVE THE POWER!! HEMAN!!
Hmmmmm

Coralville, IA

#6 Feb 3, 2010
I think the SBE or the FBI should investigate the media and Toppert and his supporters for trying to impede and/or interfer with an election. Pursuant toSection 206.10 of the Illinois Administrative Code regulating elections: "Pollwatchers must present their credentials to the Judges of Election upon entering the polling place. Pollwatcher credentials properly executed and signed shall be proof of the qualifications of the pollwatcher authorized thereby. Such credentials are retained by the judges and returned to the election authority at the end of the day with the other election materials. Once a pollwatcher has surrendered a valid credential, he may leave and re-enter the polling place provided that such continuing action does not disrupt the conduct of the election. After the polls have closed, pollwatchers shall be allowed to remain until the canvass of votes is completed; but may leave and re-enter only in cases of necessity, provided that such action is not so continuous as to disrupt the canvass of votes."
one opinion

Coralville, IA

#7 Feb 3, 2010
Perhaps the girls at the UT voting center need to pay attention to what is posted by hmmmmm, the harrassment you were forced to endure by Topperts people was against the law! Well said HMMMMM. It appears that the only people that were breaking the law and interfering with the election process were the people sent by Toppert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago man pleads not guilty to sex abuse, chi... Aug 25 honiclin 1
News Eriksen Chevrolet donates car to stranded family (Apr '10) Aug 11 jason 42
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jul '15 MerrySM 87
News Big Island kidnapper told victims ''he would re... (Mar '10) Jul '15 haley_kugler 16
sex offender's conviction reversed onappeal Jul '15 avid news reader 1
anyone seen strange military presence around e ... Jul '15 bacsoldier 1
News Rash of teen suicides in Princeton, Illinois (Apr '10) Jun '15 bcmom 187
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moline Mortgages