Motorcyclist dies after East Moline crash

Full story: WQAD 10
One person is dead after a crash Saturday evening in East Moline. An SUV and a motorcycle collided around 7:40 Saturday night near the intersection of 13th Street and 18th Avenue. Full Story

RFD

Since: Aug 10

Coralville, IA

#1 Aug 29, 2010
I was almost hit twice by a black Ford SUV like this on my motorcycle in East moline a few week back. About 6.30 am going to work. Driving like a bat out of hell. People just dont watch for Motorcycles. The drive of the SUV had to have their seatbelts on. Rider of the motorcycle can have shorts and no shirt on and no helmet and thats A-ok. Whats wrong with that picture.
Ms Kitty

Fort Dodge, IA

#2 Aug 29, 2010
My thoughts & prayers go out to the family & friends of this man. I am very sorry sorry to hear about your loss.
kevin f

Sioux Falls, SD

#3 Aug 29, 2010
bob would not be riding his harly half naked!
Angel

Rockford, IL

#4 Aug 30, 2010
was he wearing a helmet? I really hope he was wearing one.But if not,i think if people driving cars are required to wear seatbelts then motorcylist should wear helmets.
Randy

Hiawatha, IA

#5 Aug 30, 2010
@Angel, I am sick and tired of you people with the helmet thing. Shut your mouths and keep your opinion to yourself. A man just died and the first thing you say is "was he wearing a helmet". Bob was a good guy and all comments should be kept to condolences and heart felt I'm sorry for your loss. NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK. Have a nice day
moline resident

Rockford, IL

#6 Aug 30, 2010
wow @angel!You are obviously a heartless person! The man dies and you are like was he wearing a helmet! My heart goes out to the family of the motorcyclist!so sorry for the heartless people on here that makes the comments they make!
Nancy

Rock Island, IL

#7 Aug 30, 2010
Sorry for the family lose, Like you say people don't pay attention to others on a motoorcycle even in the day time. Sorry for thier lose again.
Randy

Hiawatha, IA

#8 Aug 30, 2010
And by the way just so there is no more talk about helmets, he passed away from chest and abdominal trauma. How's a helmet supposed to save you there?
DGR

Iowa City, IA

#9 Aug 30, 2010
R.I.P Biker Bob..you will be missed
Beth

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Aug 30, 2010
Biker Bob you will be missed greatly by many! R. I. P and ride!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moline High School sports is known around the s... Jan 10 yeah yeah yeah 1
slut Dec '14 unknown 1
Looking to hook up Dec '14 Jude9669 1
Dec. 16 Police Reports Dec '14 bennymutt 1
Sex with my older brother? Dec '14 Zach123 1
Review: Custom Welding & Repair Dec '14 billstacy 1
Update on Jason Van Houtte sex trial (Apr '10) Sep '14 UT Grad 37
East Moline Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

East Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet