The Teacher's Secret: Part 1

The Teacher's Secret: Part 1

There are 77 comments on the WQAD story from May 17, 2010, titled The Teacher's Secret: Part 1. In it, WQAD reports that:

A former Quad City teacher headed to prison for sexually abusing a 15-year old student used threats and intimidation to get her to go along.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#99 May 18, 2010
abc wrote:
Double Standards. You bet if the roles were reversed it would be news worthy as much as this AND yes, I think she'd get the same punishment. Seriously you wonder???
She's already getting a form of punishment for it - the repercussions of making it public.
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#100 May 18, 2010
abc wrote:
A Close Connection. if you cant reveal anything why so much info??
I'm not giving out her last name.
unknown

United States

#103 May 18, 2010
The mother n Julie are full of lies. how r u gonna go on tv and lie about everything when they know that everybody knows what really happen. Julie would talk about what happen to her friends. she would tell them where she and Vanhote did it and what they did and she would also say that she liked it and she enjoy it..now shes pretending to be the "victim" when everybody knows shes a whore, slut, hoe and i think she should also go to jail or something because it's not fair that shes outhere free and talking shit!!!!!!!!!!
CONFUSED

Plymouth, MN

#104 May 18, 2010
A Close Connection wrote:
To News Channel 8: If you want the truth, you should interview Julie's other family too. Don't rely on what her mother says, because she is unable to be honest about anything. I am willing to talk to you myself, as I am related to her. I have no problem in giving you the truth, as well as the rest of the family. There are also a bunch of people outside of the family, that can give you the facts too. What Nancy has told you & what the truth is, are two entirely different things.
you will give the truth on the news but legally you cant say anything here?
reallly

Plymouth, MN

#105 May 18, 2010
no name wrote:
How did he get her phone number in the first place? What do the text she sent him say? What about the pictures she was sending him? What about her bragging to all of her friends? Having her friends drop her off at his house? What about the picture of them together in the year book a few years ago? she didnt seem to scared then?! What about one of the counselers from the school saying "Julie walks on water now?" They will be suing the school next you wait and see! Money hungry people! She and her mom make me sick! How can she sit there and cry wolf when we all know the truth! she knew what she was doing she was no victim!
she post it all over her facebook...the news said she lost her id or something. and thats how he got it
no name

Moline, IL

#106 May 18, 2010
i think all of you who are/were "friends" of Julie W. and know the REAL story need to come forward and tell the truth! maybe you need to go on the news and tell your side! im not saying he is right for what he has done and yes he should have known better but he does not deserve to be in jail with real rapists and murderes! THOES OF YOU WHO KNOW THE REAL TRUTH NEED TO COME FORWARD!!!!!
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#107 May 18, 2010
CONFUSED wrote:
<quoted text>
you will give the truth on the news but legally you cant say anything here?
I said that I will not give out her last name. Should the news interview me or anyone else in the family, the same things will be said to them as it is here on this forum, except that her last name will not be revealed. That is not our place to do it.
no name

Moline, IL

#108 May 18, 2010
reallly wrote:
<quoted text>
she post it all over her facebook...the news said she lost her id or something. and thats how he got it
Idk about your id but i know my phone number isn't on mine?!
no name

Moline, IL

#109 May 18, 2010
reallly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told by one of her close friends that she wrote HER phone number in HIS year book!!! hmmmmm...... not so innocent any more is she!?
bill

Galesburg, IL

#110 May 18, 2010
She showed up at his house and took her clothes off. Facebook is an interesting tool. She sounds like she is really hurting?
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#111 May 18, 2010
I don't understand why Julie waited this long to talk about this teacher threatening her and all. Nothing got brought up about it, until it went public. Something that makes me go "hmmm".
slobo

Monticello, IL

#112 May 18, 2010
Sounds like this Van Houtte character should have been teaching kindergarten...but then again be glad that he wasn't...he will be the attentive student when he reaches StatesVille however...poor baby boy...assume the position!
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#113 May 18, 2010
A Close Connection wrote:
<quoted text>I said that I will not give out her last name. Should the news interview me or anyone else in the family, the same things will be said to them as it is here on this forum, except that her last name will not be revealed. That is not our place to do it.
Let me also add, that we have to deal with Nancy, unfortunately. Its going to be bad enough dealing with her over giving you the truth in this forum. We'll deal with it though. The truth is not something Nancy likes to face very well.
some questions

Chicago, IL

#114 May 19, 2010
didn't she make up some song about this teacher during the school year about how she wanted to see him shake his ass? i believe some of you from the school can answer that.

if he has been doing this kind of thing for so long, where are all the other "victims"? some of you suggest there is a long line of them, and yet not one has come forward. hmmmm

why does she insist he started texting her when we all know she started this? pretty sure the story is she pretended to be someone else to initiate this whole thing. i would bet that this could all be cleared up if the text message records were somehow released to the public.

while what he did was wrong and he is going to pay for it, what would his sentence be if he had killed someone? so because a girl plans out how she is going to get with her teacher and he doesn't stop her, he gets twelve years? a recent murder was settled where the guilty man will do ten years in prison. whats wrong with our system?

if a 16 year old can be tried as an adult for a crime, why is it that a 16 year old cannot be responsible for deciding she wants to have sex?

is chris minor upset at this guy because he did not choose to have sex with her? i don't get why she is obsessed with him and out to destroy everything about him with made up stories and half truths. i think channel 8 might want to have their lawyers ready because i don't think much of this is news, its more of a slander or smear tactic. but i am no expert, just some young kid who can't make my own decisions because i am too young...or something like that.
HoutteFans

London, UK

#115 May 19, 2010
Thank you, News Channel 8, for finally providing coverage on the other parties involved in this matter by interviewing Julie and her mom. I am relieved that you are allowing our community to finally see what these two people are like and to what extent they have victimized our justice system. It was remarkably clear after watching your interview that Julie and her mom have some serious issues with respect to human interaction as well as an obvious lack of self awareness and personal accountability. I hesitate to comment on their lack of integrity because I strongly challenge their mental capacity. I realize that discussing moral obligations with two people like Julie and her mom would never breed any sort of logical response or dignified reaction. And given their nauseating need for attention, this will be my first and last comment on this forum. I encourage everyone who supports Jason VanHoutte to visit the Fan Page that has been created for him on Facebook. This will serve as a justified attempt to salvage whatever reputation Julie and her mom so aggressively tried to ruin. I would like to thank you again, News Channel 8, for making this story available for public opinion. Because of this forum, it is clear that the community is becoming increasingly aware of the events that actually transpired. Only an uninformed or very naïve person would believe that any of Mr. VanHoutte’s actions were those of a malicious sexual predator. He is the kindest man I have ever met.

-HoutteFans@gmail.com
haaa

Moline, IL

#116 May 19, 2010
some questions wrote:
didn't she make up some song about this teacher during the school year about how she wanted to see him shake his ass? i believe some of you from the school can answer that.
if he has been doing this kind of thing for so long, where are all the other "victims"? some of you suggest there is a long line of them, and yet not one has come forward. hmmmm
why does she insist he started texting her when we all know she started this? pretty sure the story is she pretended to be someone else to initiate this whole thing. i would bet that this could all be cleared up if the text message records were somehow released to the public.
while what he did was wrong and he is going to pay for it, what would his sentence be if he had killed someone? so because a girl plans out how she is going to get with her teacher and he doesn't stop her, he gets twelve years? a recent murder was settled where the guilty man will do ten years in prison. whats wrong with our system?
if a 16 year old can be tried as an adult for a crime, why is it that a 16 year old cannot be responsible for deciding she wants to have sex?
is chris minor upset at this guy because he did not choose to have sex with her? i don't get why she is obsessed with him and out to destroy everything about him with made up stories and half truths. i think channel 8 might want to have their lawyers ready because i don't think much of this is news, its more of a slander or smear tactic. but i am no expert, just some young kid who can't make my own decisions because i am too young...or something like that.
AMEN!!!:) that pretty much sums up all opinions. i bow down to your greatness! ;)
no name

Moline, IL

#117 May 19, 2010
IF THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER GIRLS THAT THIS HAPPENED TO WHERE ARE THEY AND WHY HAVENT THEY COME FORWARD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inmate sex conviction: Former jail guard convic... (Sep '10) Feb 15 Martin garey 17
News The buzz of bitcoin: Cryptocurrency for sale at... Feb 4 Putin eh 1
How do you go about finding a girl for a threes... Oct '17 Helpful 2
snitch in Moline Sep '17 fat tom 1
News NC man jailed for 3 days as probation violator ... (Feb '10) Sep '17 Uncle SamLee 2
News Jone Knapton Homicide Task Force (Mar '06) May '17 Sherry 81
News Silvis stabbing victim speaks (Mar '10) Jul '16 Exectec 24

East Moline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moline Mortgages