The Teacher's Secret: Part 1

The Teacher's Secret: Part 1

There are 77 comments on the WQAD story from May 17, 2010, titled The Teacher's Secret: Part 1. In it, WQAD reports that:

A former Quad City teacher headed to prison for sexually abusing a 15-year old student used threats and intimidation to get her to go along.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lol

Sterling, IL

#1 May 17, 2010
hello
Ashley

Springfield, MO

#2 May 17, 2010
Will you be uploading the video from tonight's airing? I missed it.:(
WQAD

United States

#3 May 17, 2010
Video is uploaded!
hmm

Moline, IL

#4 May 17, 2010
why is chris minor so obsessed with this? seriously.
Ashley

Springfield, MO

#7 May 17, 2010
Thank you so much for uploading! It was very interesting.:)
Unonymous

Iowa City, IA

#8 May 17, 2010
Everything said in the interview is a total lie. Screw the press.
Sad to Say

Geneseo, IL

#10 May 18, 2010
I am very disappointed in this whole story. Leave the guy and his family alone. We know what happened was a bad situation but she wasn't the only one victimized. His poor family has been run through the mill cause of the accusations. I am very happy to say that his family is a good upstanding family and their pictures don't need to be constantly on the TV. How do you think they all feel having to deal with this day after day. Drop it!!! Whats done is done. Put yourself in their shoes and would you want all the bad coverage on yourself Chris? How would your family feel?
tHOMAS

AOL

#11 May 18, 2010
Your video stops about halfway through.
wtf

United States

#13 May 18, 2010
what does it matter if the child is a "good" girl or not?? He was a teacher, well over 18 and she was 15 years old!! He's a pedophile, whether he forced her or not is irrelevant. He likes to have sex with children, end of story!!
anonymous

Dwight, IL

#16 May 18, 2010
Instead of interviewing her mother, how about interviewing more credible people in her family instead, such as her father.
jim

Galesburg, IL

#17 May 18, 2010
TMZ I mean WQAD- you station is giving this story way too much coverage. Chris Minor has had her share of troubles over the years with a certain political figure maybe Matt Hammel should do a series on her life. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
I am sure tonight we will here how she got to his house.
theLight

Geneseo, IL

#18 May 18, 2010
Where is the 'facebook' addy? And as far as the comment about Chris Minor. She is one very professional reporter. Great at her job. A QCA treasure. We're lucky to have her.
Someone who knows better

Iowa City, IA

#19 May 18, 2010
I think that it is sad the way they are portraying Julie, i have know her since 8th gr. She is DEFINATELY not a victim! Wonder why they never said anything about her bragging?! Crying wolf never got anyone anywhere!
isnt right

Aledo, IL

#21 May 18, 2010
Why is it that she was so quick to have sex with him but then when he gets caught all she does is bad mouth him? I agree what he did was wrong & he should get time but how is it right when she went along with the whole thing? Now she thinks he is a bad guy & is getting what he deserves, that isn't right, maybe these young girls should take some of the blame.
theLight

Geneseo, IL

#24 May 18, 2010
jim wrote:
I am sure tonight we will here how she got to his house.
Maybe we will there how she got to his house?
jeanette

Springfield, IL

#23 May 18, 2010
ALL sex offenders need to be shipped off to an island, where they can abuse one another. VanHoutte will be the perfect girlfriend in prison... As far as the young girl, I hope she has learned a lesson. Bad choices-bad things happen.
unknown

Iowa City, IA

#31 May 18, 2010
No one made her text him back and go to his house. Are we to believe she is that stupid. I'm not saying he's not in the wrong, he should have known better, but she should be held accountable as well. Can we get some real justice! What was she texting him back. I have a feeling it hasn't "please leave me alone". Otherwise there wouldn't even be a story.
A Close Connection

Dwight, IL

#32 May 18, 2010
cant even believe it wrote:
so about all the videos they found at his house?!? what about them. of course everything ive heard is rumors. but if they are true. there are a lot more people than her?
There's more to it, than what is being covered by the news media.
Joe in East Mo

North Liberty, IA

#34 May 18, 2010
It almost seemd as though the "Mother" put her up to the interview the more I think about it. Maybe Julie really didn't want to do it, but I perceive her mother as being that type. The "I want the limelight for a bit" type. Although I don't think "Mom" see's the whole light here on this. I as a parent would as they say "let dead dogs lie." I would not want my daughter to go through any additional embarassment, scorn, victimization etc. It was done and over but for the healing until now.
noname

Coal Valley, IL

#40 May 18, 2010
I hear ya wake up wqad its all about the money her comes the new house for mommy and the new car for the daughter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex offender's conviction reversed onappeal (Jul '15) Jun 18 LAVON AFFAIR 2
News June 4 police reports Jun 18 shame on yoo 3
News Iowa soldier, Sgt. LeRoy O. Webster, dies in Iraq (Aug '10) Apr '16 Nly 22
News Brunei's sultan divorces Malaysian wife of 5 years (Jun '10) Apr '16 Puteri Kelip-kelip 66
News Dead body found on DeKalb's far east side (Sep '09) Apr '16 Me in Cali 34
Dekalb Dental Group may be robbing you (Mar '07) Apr '16 Twinkle wife 164
anyone seen strange military presence around e ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 bacsoldier 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moline Mortgages