Nearly 150 disabled and elderly left without care after company can...

Full story: WQAD

EAST MOLINE, Ill. - Illinois budget cuts and overdue payments have lead an Illinois healthcare company to cancel a state contract two weeks early, that provided nearly 150 disabled and elderly residents with in-home care.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2010
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Why don't they make cuts in the Springfield staff, instead of taking away services from people who need them?
Mary S

Bettendorf, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Shame on you Quinn...shame on you! I hope to God that "YOU" don't have to go through a time where you need help desperatly and there is no one, NO ONE to help you. I bet things would change then wouldnt it?!
coolguy

Grand Mound, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Governments can't do it. Only God's Kingdom in the hands of Jesus can solve mans problems. Matt. 6:9, 10. The solution in the short term is family & freinds helping out, but most people now-a-days are too selfish Matthew 24: 12. Study the Bible, there are even people that come to your door to study the Bible with you Matthew 24:14, but you probably feel like 'I know all I need to Know', WELL, YOU DON"T! When Harmagedon comes 99% of mankind are for a big suprize. I feel for this guy. 2746
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I just want to extend my thanks to Quinn for cutting back on the services that my mother depends upon to retain her quality of life. By taking away these services from her, you have also taken away her dignity as well. This is also the case for all the other elderly & disabled people effected by your cuts too. I hope you & the other staff in Springfield are happy with this.
Chopswell

Ridgeway, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Part of the problem, too, is these big home health care companies rip off the state by charging upwards of $30 -$50/hr. for services, depending on the level of care needed by their clients, yet the hired worker that physically provides the services aren't paid squat. The whole system is a ripoff, starting with the pharmaceutical companies that bleed Medicaid and Medicare budgets and no one calls them on it. My wife needs a pill each day and it costs over $10. ONE 10 milligram pill. That's $300 per month for one pill! There's NO reason pills need to cost that much!
QCA

Murphysboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

It's the state's fault. A company can't be expected to function without being paid! I feel for these people and hope that the state of Illinois gets its act together.
Marty

Sterling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Don't just blame Quinn. He wanted to solve our state's financial problems a while back by raising some taxes, temporarily over a two year period. The corrupt government and the recession got us into this mess and a lot of us feel we shouldn't have to pay higher taxes to solve it but in some polls most agreed they would support a temporary tax hike to get rid of the financial mess. All would have been good but the politicians were worried for there jobs if they voted for a tax hike. There it is, the people we vote in to take care of us are more worried about there jobs and now they wonder why incumbents are getting voted out all over America. Just my two cents.
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Marty wrote:
Don't just blame Quinn. He wanted to solve our state's financial problems a while back by raising some taxes, temporarily over a two year period. The corrupt government and the recession got us into this mess and a lot of us feel we shouldn't have to pay higher taxes to solve it but in some polls most agreed they would support a temporary tax hike to get rid of the financial mess. All would have been good but the politicians were worried for there jobs if they voted for a tax hike. There it is, the people we vote in to take care of us are more worried about there jobs and now they wonder why incumbents are getting voted out all over America. Just my two cents.
This is exactly why I am reluctant to vote. I will gladly get taxed out of my ears, if it means that my mother will be able to keep the services she needs. I'll gladly go without for her.
KA9MOT

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Vicki wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly why I am reluctant to vote. I will gladly get taxed out of my ears, if it means that my mother will be able to keep the services she needs. I'll gladly go without for her.
This is exactly why you should vote. There is an old saying, "If you don't Vote you can't complain.".

If only there were some way (short of Revolution) to get rid of all the politicians that would let them know we are very tired of the same old crap.....OH Yeah, there is is....VOTE 'EM OUT!

Forget about party affiliations, vote with your heart and your head.
KA9MOT

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

coolguy wrote:
Governments can't do it. Only God's Kingdom in the hands of Jesus can solve mans problems. Matt. 6:9, 10. The solution in the short term is family & freinds helping out, but most people now-a-days are too selfish Matthew 24: 12. Study the Bible, there are even people that come to your door to study the Bible with you Matthew 24:14, but you probably feel like 'I know all I need to Know', WELL, YOU DON"T! When Harmagedon comes 99% of mankind are for a big suprize. I feel for this guy. 2746
Armageddon is the correct word.

God helps those who help themselves, VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
slobo

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Maybe Quinn can fund euthinasia (YOUTH-IN-ASIA)?
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

KA9MOT wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why you should vote. There is an old saying, "If you don't Vote you can't complain.".
If only there were some way (short of Revolution) to get rid of all the politicians that would let them know we are very tired of the same old crap.....OH Yeah, there is is....VOTE 'EM OUT!
Forget about party affiliations, vote with your heart and your head.
I do vote, but am hesitant about it when I do. Seems that politicians, while running for a position, have no problem whatsoever in telling the public everything they want to hear - promising this & promising that. Then, when they do get elected, it's a whole different story. We find out, that those promises were never intended to be kept.
Karjoy

La Salle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

KA9MOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Armageddon is the correct word.
God helps those who help themselves, VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
this quote "God helps those who help themselves" appears absolutely no place in the Bible. Quite the opposite- "God helps those who CAN'T help themselves"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

East Moline Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••