Combining Forces: Super City

Combining Forces: Super City

There are 3 comments on the WHBF-TV Rock Island story from Sep 17, 2010, titled Combining Forces: Super City. In it, WHBF-TV Rock Island reports that:

The idea of this super city was brought up at least 10 years ago... Voted on... and failed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHBF-TV Rock Island.

“oderint dum metuant”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 17, 2010
would be an interesting concept.....and it might work in theory....

Of course some people might be hesitant albeit almost defiant to give up any form of official power and pay any local office that is affected might hold...

In essense no city council members would approve this if it would affect them directly.
slobo

Bettendorf, IA

#2 Sep 21, 2010
This concept has been kicked around the QCA for thirty years. Back then it might have been viable...now one whould just one giant slum...instead of four smaller ones...

“oderint dum metuant”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 21, 2010
slobo wrote:
This concept has been kicked around the QCA for thirty years. Back then it might have been viable...now one whould just one giant slum...instead of four smaller ones...
So it would be a smaller version of Chicago only with worse sidewalksand more taxes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa soldier, Sgt. LeRoy O. Webster, dies in Iraq (Aug '10) Apr 27 Nly 22
News Brunei's sultan divorces Malaysian wife of 5 years (Jun '10) Apr 19 Puteri Kelip-kelip 66
News Dead body found on DeKalb's far east side (Sep '09) Apr 6 Me in Cali 34
Dekalb Dental Group may be robbing you (Mar '07) Apr 1 Twinkle wife 164
Adios Schimmel no longer basketball coach at Mo... Mar '16 One can hope 1
News Lawsuit settled in Hepatitis A outbreak at Mila... (Jul '10) Mar '16 Ike 6
anyone seen strange military presence around e ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 bacsoldier 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moline Mortgages