Repeat DUI offender Bruce Fish paroled

Repeat DUI offender Bruce Fish paroled

There are 53 comments on the WQAD story from Mar 31, 2010, titled Repeat DUI offender Bruce Fish paroled. In it, WQAD reports that:

A Mercer County man with a history of drunk driving convictions has been paroled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
petlover123

Galesburg, IL

#1 Mar 31, 2010
Why on earth is this man on the loose. We all are in danger now.
Everyone knows these type of people will drive if they can get a hold of keys.
I hope everyone he associates with locks up their cars and keys.
petlover123

Galesburg, IL

#2 Mar 31, 2010
Why on earth is this person free? He killed innocent people. Cars become weapons in the hands of alcohol/drug users. He needs to be locked up for good. I hope that anyone he associates with locks their cars and keys up.
TIM

Caledonia, IL

#3 Mar 31, 2010
HE IS A PICE OF SHIT
Bill Dikant

Queensbury, NY

#4 Apr 1, 2010
When the next arrest occurs----------
----------> put the Parole board in Prison with Him.
disgusted in aledo

Springfield, MO

#5 Apr 1, 2010
wow and so now he gets to move on with his life..meanwhile the family that lost their child and mother still suffer the loss
someone who knows

Alexis, IL

#6 Apr 1, 2010
he has more then 5 dui charges!
inquiringminds

Moline, IL

#7 Apr 1, 2010
I went to school with this punk and live relatively in his home area. He obviously has not respect for the law, his family, or the general public. Just reading the article makes me wonder what the parole board was (not) thinking. More than 5 DUIs, children in the car while drinking, one on his lap "driving", killing a grandmother/grandson, and now back out here. You know he will not have a license, no insurance, will still drink AND drive, so who pays for one of my family members or friends when he's out there again and one of them are involved? I swear the law was created for the criminals!!!!
inquiringminds

Moline, IL

#8 Apr 1, 2010
How can I get put on call for these Parole Boards! I think they need a real person that actually deals with these lowlifes when they get put back on the streets!(by the way, as serious as I am, I do know it's not done that way) However, why weren't the families called to speak at the parole hearings. Since they suffered loss at the hands of this man, shouldn't they have had some say to his release?
outraged in iowa

Knox, IN

#9 Apr 1, 2010
i had to look this up after i heard it on the news to make sure i heard it right. what is going on??? this makes me sick. why is he so special? judging from his video, nothing. i hope whoever let him out can sleep at night.
C Kramer

Galesburg, IL

#10 Apr 1, 2010
I feel sorry for his next victim(s) because there will be some
A concerned citizen

Iowa City, IA

#11 Apr 1, 2010
OMG!!! You got to be kidding is the first thought I have. Where is justice???? I am afraid for anyone on the road. I pray he never gets behind a wheel again. Though the odds are against that so I'll also pray for the safety of others until he is caught again!
At war where---

UAE

#12 Apr 2, 2010
Here I sit on a military base in Afghanistan thinking that I'm safer here than I am in the United States. As soon as this idiot gets a few drinks in him he'll be driving again. The criminal justice system in our country needs an overhaul. Until these parol boards and judges are somehow accountable when they release people who live to repeat their offence (pedophiles included), they'll continue to act irresponsibly.
Bill Dikant

Queensbury, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2010
So TRUE "At War",God keep you safe!
Thinking too hard

Springfield, MO

#14 Apr 4, 2010
So the next time this thing kills or harms someone can we try the parole board in court also? Like we do bars and the such.
No blood lust

Springfield, IL

#15 Apr 10, 2010
Come on people, he served 5 years. that's 1500 days for what was an admittedly stupid decision where people died. But got off this "weapon" rant. People get killed in accidents whre nobody is drinking. It's still an ACCIDENT. This is not murder or rape. 5 years is a long time

And how do you know he will drink and drive again? You have no idea what the stastics are for people who serve prison time repeating their DUI crime. It low, real low.
inquiringminds

Moline, IL

#16 Apr 12, 2010
How do we know? Because it was AFTER the deaths of those two innocent people that he was caught again for DUI with his younger daughters (step daughters)in the vehicle, one on his lap, and he stated he was "teaching them to drive". The child was only 10!!!! He even had enough nerve to state his daughter was driving!!!! THIS is how we know he will do it again!!! I DO believe in rehabilitation but I seriously don't think it happened this time.
petlover123

Galesburg, IL

#17 Apr 12, 2010
No blood lust wrote:
Come on people, he served 5 years. that's 1500 days for what was an admittedly stupid decision where people died. But got off this "weapon" rant. People get killed in accidents whre nobody is drinking. It's still an ACCIDENT. This is not murder or rape. 5 years is a long time
And how do you know he will drink and drive again? You have no idea what the stastics are for people who serve prison time repeating their DUI crime. It low, real low.
Get Real! Stop making excuses for these low lifes.
We have a certain right to expect people not to drive drunk on out highways.IT IS THE LAW MUST I REMIND YOU. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE DRINKING THAT ITS THE LAW!!!!
Maybe if he drives and kills SOMEONE in your family you will than comprehend the devastation this person has caused in his lifetime.
He has had more chances than he should have.
A CAR IS A WEAPON IN HIS HANDS!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!!!
concerned Mercer Co

Orion, IL

#18 Jun 28, 2010
How on earth did this guy even sit before the parole board? Who are these people. Did they turn him loose in their neighborhood first. They told us he would not be up for parole anytime soon. Somebody check his house, I am sure he is drunk by now, He probably drove to get more beer in the last 24 hours. He is a repeat offender. Where is his ankle bracelet? Is is working?
petlover123

Galesburg, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2010
Im sorry No Blood Lust

A CAR BECOMES A WEAPON IN THIS SITUATION WHEN A PERSON DRINKS AND DRIVES!!!
ITS A CHOICE. NO ONE PUT A GUN AT HIS HEAD AND MADE HIM DRINK AND DRIVE.
IT IS MURDER WHEN U HAVE DRUNK MORE THAN THE LEGALLY ALLOWS U TOO AND YOU CHOOSE TO DRIVE.
HE NEEDS TO BE PUT AWAY FOR GOOD!!
NO SYMPATHY HERE:(
no name

Waterloo, IA

#20 Jul 29, 2010
No blood lust wrote:
Hey dumb ASS he has done this 5 times that we know of because he has been charged that many times. And it is safe to say many many more time that he hasnt got caught

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mercer School Board approves prayer before meet... (Feb '10) Aug 14 Todayishutup 83
News Man charged with aggravated sexual assault held... Aug 9 Sad 4
News Three suspects arrested in connection with Syca... Aug 1 Mike B 2
News NIUa s Baker getting a golden parachutea Jun '17 Metaz 1
News DeKalb church will display Black Lives Matter b... Jun '17 Metaz 1
News Looking back on Doug Baker's successes and fail... Jun '17 Metaz 1
News New 8 On Your Side tool is online fix for your ... (Jun '10) Jun '17 tommie calvin 17

East Moline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Moline Mortgages