First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Pikeville, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2013
Was wondering if they were good hair stylist? And how their prices ran?
Loco Local

Richmond, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2013
Went there once, never again. The stylist was good, and the price reasonable. The place was filthy, inch of dust on the glass counters and displays and everything inside, some stoned out guy drooling on himself sitting in a chair and a dirty baby in a walker squalling like crazy, and needing a fresh diaper. Turns out he is the husband or boyfriend of one of the stylists....had to hello a few times as everyone was in a back room and other than the screeching pooped up baby and the stoned out guy ( who didn't even look up when I yelled " HELLO!!!Anybody home?" three times. I've noticed lots of cars there, but not a lot of hair getting cut. I think there may be more than hair getting rolled in there. No amount of air freshener is going to hide that smell!
Curious

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Aug 28, 2013
Wow! I saw it while passing by. I didn't know anything about the place. I was just looking for a closer place. Thanks for the info.
hair mess

London, KY

#4 Aug 28, 2013
nasty, its like romper room there!children running everywhere! got my hair done there and the stylist kept going out side to smoke! took forever to do my hair! never again, more like beauty bar daycare then haircare! most of the stylist there are messed up on drugs, kept running to the bathroom every five minutes
and a vanilla shake

Elkhorn City, KY

#5 Aug 28, 2013
where is this place?
Hmmm

Pikeville, KY

#6 Aug 29, 2013
I have been going there for years. I've never smelt anything. Everyone that works there do smoke if they don't have anyone there ye they can either smoke inside or outside. What's so bad about that. As far as babies ye they are babies there because their moms are there. Do you think hair stylist makes alot of money? No they can't afford daycare. But they babies don't go aground nasty or stinky. And as far as someone was saying that they believed that one of the ladies boyfriend or husband was on the nod when she came in. Well only one is married and he doesn't do anything at all. The other two ladies has boyfriends and they work away from here. So you need to get your story straight. As for the prices they are about the cheapest around and they do, do good with your hair. Stop by and see them. Their the sweetest ladies around!
and a vanilla shake

Elkhorn City, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
I have been going there for years. I've never smelt anything. Everyone that works there do smoke if they don't have anyone there ye they can either smoke inside or outside. What's so bad about that. As far as babies ye they are babies there because their moms are there. Do you think hair stylist makes alot of money? No they can't afford daycare. But they babies don't go aground nasty or stinky. And as far as someone was saying that they believed that one of the ladies boyfriend or husband was on the nod when she came in. Well only one is married and he doesn't do anything at all. The other two ladies has boyfriends and they work away from here. So you need to get your story straight. As for the prices they are about the cheapest around and they do, do good with your hair. Stop by and see them. Their the sweetest ladies around!
still didnt answer my question where are they located?
do they charge less than 75 for a color and cut?
if so i need to look them up cause my girl right now charges me 80 and i just cant afford that anymore.
Hmmm

Virgie, KY

#8 Aug 29, 2013
and a vanilla shake wrote:
<quoted text>still didnt answer my question where are they located?
if so i need to look them up cause my girl right now charges me 80 and i just cant afford that anymore.
Yes they do! They are located on caney across from the double Kwik.
Loco Local

Richmond, KY

#9 Aug 29, 2013
It was the husband or boyfriend of the owners daughter and he was OUT OF IT TOTALLY. I know, because I ASKED who he was. It was the SAME girls nasty screeching baby. After my little experience, I asked around. If the baby daddy wasn't blown away, HE could watch his kid. He and baby come with Mom to work because HE can't stay off dope and awake to take care of the baby. YOU get YOUR story straight. The place is gaining a rep as a drug den, with allll thos e cars in and out all day long and no hair gettn done. People here aren't stupid, they can figure stuff out.
True

Whitesburg, KY

#10 Sep 18, 2013
The girls are constantly blown out of their minds. Especially the girl with long dark. It's amazing they haven't been reported yet. Some of them don't even have their license because of drugs. I'd be afraid one of them would nod out while cutting my hair and stab me or something.
welcome to my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#11 Sep 19, 2013
and a vanilla shake wrote:
<quoted text>still didnt answer my question where are they located?
pay the extra 10 dollars and save yourself a mess.
i know people who have gone there and regretted it deeply.
foolish

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2013
Do they have big breasteses???
happy client

Lebanon, KY

#13 Sep 20, 2013
I was there today for the first time. Yes, there was a baby there. A beautiful sweet little boy. He was clean and taken care of. His mother did a wonderful job of cutting my hair just as I asked for it to be done. NO ONE was high. No one ran to the bathroom and no one smoke while my hair was getting cut. I am very happy with the place and the job the woman did on my hair. When I'm ready again for a cut, color or just a trim, that's exactly where I'll be going.

As far as so many cars running in and out and not much hair cutting going on, perhaps that has something to do with the tanning beds they have. Anyone else think of that? Not everyone that visits the salon needs a color or cut, some just want a tan.
Juno it all

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Sep 20, 2013
a tan usually takes more than 2 minutes. Way to try to save your shop there " happy client". The place is getting a rep for being exactly what it looks like it is. Way to much traffic, and the behavior of the staff are not things that you can hide or explain away. In this area gossip rules. True or not, they way things are going the suspicions will put you out of business, weather anything is actually going on or not. When I go to a "salon" for a haircut, I DON'T like screaming kids around.Your stylist needs to find day care, or stay home. No kids unless they are in for a kids cut, or with a client. No Family members or visitors for staff. Pill-Hubby has a home, and needs to stay there. Designated break times for eating and smokes, unless the shop is empty of clients. If you have a shop that size with that many stations, and you have dead time, you are already in fiscal trouble. During some of that dead time, maybe someone could sweep up outside, and run a dust cloth over the place, it really does look pretty sad in there. Have your stylists look presentable, clean, made-up, with their own hair neat, and be dressed correctly and in a professional manner. Some of the girls look a bit rough. I'm not going to trust someone to do my hair when that somebody looks like they have been pulled through a hedge backwards. The owner needs to be present every day that the salon is open for business. Be it a half-day, all day, or just to check in in the morning and at closing to make sure the shop is as it should be. It is the owners job to set guidelines concerning breaks, visitors, and family members. Every person who walks through that door that isn't bringing money into the till is a WASTE of SPACE and TIME. People should enjoy their time in that salon, not be afraid of Pill-Hubby passing out or od'ing while they are there, or a screaming baby getting snotty handprints all over a customers slaks, or wondering if the stylist is going to be able to stay upright long enough to get the job done, and that the finished product won't require the purchase of a hat. So here is what you have. An ALLEGED drug den. To many non-staff people setting up housekeeping. Disheveled looking staff. An untidy shop. Easy fix. 1: NO non-staff visitors, no family members of staff, no friends of staff. They are YOUR staff, and on YOUR time while they are there. YOU ARE THE BOSS OF THEM. This may get rid of all the non-hair/tanning related traffic also. 2:Presentable staff. They are there to sell and provide "Beauty" Not a lot of people will buy "Beauty" from a hag in wrinkled clothes that are two sizes to small. 3: Clean up. Everyday. You have to give people what they WANT in order for them to WANT to do business with YOU. Clients have OTHER OPTIONS.
Truth

Pikeville, KY

#15 Nov 2, 2013
I got my hair done there. I asked for layers and ended up with a full mullet! I'm pretty sure it's a family thing going on there! The mother owns it and only hires her daughters/step daughter/daughters friends (which are for a fact all on drugs) no one goes there and you haven't heard of that place for a reason! Their house isn't clean so you can't expect their business to be! They should have already been out of business especially if it was just up to the salon clients bringing in their income! Obviously something else is going on here! It doesn't take a genius to figure that out! If you want your hair cut properly go somewhere else!
My Experience

Pikeville, KY

#16 Nov 9, 2013
I have gone to the shop a couple of time and have to say I was quite pleased with the service I received. I found the place clean, there was no children there, and not one person appeared to be on a any kind of drug. I was very pleased with my color and cut and will go back to the same girl again. I don't care for children in a salon. However, some working people have no other choice. For the person doing all the complaining exactly how do you know about the traffic and how long the they stay? You stated you had only been there once. Do you sit across the road and take traffic count? Or, is your fat butt at the DQ all day. Not one person came into the shop that did not receive a haircut. Etc.The solution is very simple. Just don't go back. Also, please find something else to do besides sit and watch traffic go into businesses. Get a job as it is apparent you have far too much free time on your hands.
Tina

Richmond, KY

#17 Nov 13, 2013
Loco Local wrote:
It was the husband or boyfriend of the owners daughter and he was OUT OF IT TOTALLY. I know, because I ASKED who he was. It was the SAME girls nasty screeching baby. After my little experience, I asked around. If the baby daddy wasn't blown away, HE could watch his kid. He and baby come with Mom to work because HE can't stay off dope and awake to take care of the baby. YOU get YOUR story straight. The place is gaining a rep as a drug den, with allll thos e cars in and out all day long and no hair gettn done. People here aren't stupid, they can figure stuff out.
Is that the guy that drives the orange mustang and is kind of chubby? He flirted with me one day. What's his name?
Stupid people kill me

Macon, GA

#18 Nov 13, 2013
Well im on the go a lot and need somewhere i can stop in and get my hair cut and go. Every place i have ever been turns me away or makes me wait an ungodly amount of time. Except these girls they have never failed to tell me no or turn me away. I don't really care if they have a drug problem or not as long as they can hold it together and give me a great hair cut and unlike a few other places they have done just that given me a great hair cut no who gives the cut it is great. Out of the 4 girls who have cut it they have done a great job and ill continue to go there! Your probably jealous cause most of them are hot!lol
Angel

Wheelwright, KY

#19 Nov 14, 2013
You need your f*cking ass kicked for talking about a baby calling it a nasty screeching baby..Your a low life piece of s*hit!!!!! Yeah and I had balls to put my name....Was you mad maybe thinking he was higher than u was(Not saying he was high) B*ITCH!!!!!
Loco Local wrote:
Trucker

Richmond, KY

#20 Nov 14, 2013
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the guy that drives the orange mustang and is kind of chubby? He flirted with me one day. What's his name?
I think his name is dale him and angel are a great couple or am I getting confused with somebody else she use to date

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East McDowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who's the hottest girl on spurlock? (Nov '10) 41 min yes 4
Who's got a big one ?? 2 hr True story 4
Natalie mullins (Nov '10) 2 hr True story 33
Toby Akers Wed Roach motel 31
Amy Hicks Tue True story 2
Deputy at McDowell ARH Jul 17 Baby Daddy 13
Joe at McDowell ARH Jul 11 Any 3

East McDowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance