East Lynn Elementary
Parent

Montcalm, WV

#1 Sep 11, 2011
I have a 6 yr. old confronted daily by a child her age. It started in H.S., which I pulled her out of due to the tactic's of the other child involved. Then K.G., where my child faced going to class mortified at seeing the other child. Now were in First Grade, the bully has not stoped. Principal has addressed issue and we have tried to deal with this very quitely however, it continue's with my child coming in daily in tear's. I am just wondering is any other children comeing home with such complaints???? And by the way, teachers when children address that other's are picking on them- take care of the situation-instead of turning away from the situation. I am to the point of placing a recording device to my daughter -this is appauling that these BABIES are doing these kinds of behaviors!
I know how you feel

Charleston, WV

#2 Sep 11, 2011
My younger sister and brother both attend East Lynn Elementary and they are picked on to the point of coming home bruised because of the other kids hitting them and kicking them. The teachers do nothing about it, except when my sister takes up for herself and our little brother. Then she's threatened to be kicked out of School. My mother has went down there time and time again, but nothing has changed. She has already tried to talk to the B.O.E. but they are to "Busy" to return some people's phone calls. Unless it involves FootBall or cheerleading.
Mom of Many

Minerva, OH

#3 Sep 14, 2011
Isnt there a Bully Law or something to this effect in our system, dont let this continue, call the media if needed and ask them to come do a story on bullying in our school system at such young ages, If they can build a classroom for one particular child which is in need, they can address this problem quickly, place the recording device on your child, volunteer at the school,even if its not in the classroom, anywhere they need assistance, when you call the BOE let them know of your intentions, calling the media,that you will be bringing attention to this issue if it is not resolved, call everyday if you have to, whats most important here is the fact that your children will have problems out of being bullied for the rest of thier lives if this isnt resolved.

“It's not a State of Mind.”

Since: Jun 10

Silent Hill, West Virginia

#4 Sep 14, 2011
Mom of Many wrote:
Isnt there a Bully Law or something to this effect in our system, dont let this continue, call the media if needed and ask them to come do a story on bullying in our school system at such young ages, If they can build a classroom for one particular child which is in need, they can address this problem quickly, place the recording device on your child, volunteer at the school,even if its not in the classroom, anywhere they need assistance, when you call the BOE let them know of your intentions, calling the media,that you will be bringing attention to this issue if it is not resolved, call everyday if you have to, whats most important here is the fact that your children will have problems out of being bullied for the rest of thier lives if this isnt resolved.
I agree with you completely, but when and if the Media is involved the child/children will become even bigger targets. Although it might help for a little while, but after the media hype is over the Parents of the Bullies will get involved and either attack the parents or the Children themselves.
I know my mom called the mother of a little boy who is mean to my little sister. She wasn't trying to argue with her or anything. She calmly explained the situation that was happening and the woman started cussing my mom. She said that she has no business trying to tell her how to raise her kid and that if she seen her out what her son did to my little sister wouldn't be anywhere near what she'd do to her.
Considering the woman is a druggie, I don't doubt that she'd go down to the School and start drama down there also.

The School either needs to learn how to deal with children who have are bullies or hire people who do.

Also, I've tried to get involved with my little sister's school. I've tried volunteering at events such as dances, field day, etc. A few people have said that where I'm not experienced in attending such events I'm not aloud to help, but people who aren't even there to watch the kids, just sit around and talk to the teachers about who's screwing whom, are aloud to "Help".

Everything just seems kinda messed up if you ask me.
DOB

Bluefield, WV

#5 Sep 14, 2011
__Ashley__NeKira__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely, but when and if the Media is involved the child/children will become even bigger targets. Although it might help for a little while, but after the media hype is over the Parents of the Bullies will get involved and either attack the parents or the Children themselves.
I know my mom called the mother of a little boy who is mean to my little sister. She wasn't trying to argue with her or anything. She calmly explained the situation that was happening and the woman started cussing my mom. She said that she has no business trying to tell her how to raise her kid and that if she seen her out what her son did to my little sister wouldn't be anywhere near what she'd do to her.
Considering the woman is a druggie, I don't doubt that she'd go down to the School and start drama down there also.
The School either needs to learn how to deal with children who have are bullies or hire people who do.
Also, I've tried to get involved with my little sister's school. I've tried volunteering at events such as dances, field day, etc. A few people have said that where I'm not experienced in attending such events I'm not aloud to help, but people who aren't even there to watch the kids, just sit around and talk to the teachers about who's screwing whom, are aloud to "Help".
Everything just seems kinda messed up if you ask me.
Ashley, more cleavege please
Tom

Uneeda, WV

#6 Sep 18, 2012
You need to call the board of education because the principal will take care of it, BUT there are "steps" she must go through according to school policies. I think the lady does a good job, but she can only do so much. The people in Wayne should help her out more, but it's like every other person that's been at the school, Wayne don't care unless it's WES or CES..it's all politics and who you know on the hill
Stupid people

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Sep 22, 2012
Parent wrote:
I have a 6 yr. old confronted daily by a child her age. It started in H.S., which I pulled her out of due to the tactic's of the other child involved. Then K.G., where my child faced going to class mortified at seeing the other child. Now were in First Grade, the bully has not stoped. Principal has addressed issue and we have tried to deal with this very quitely however, it continue's with my child coming in daily in tear's. I am just wondering is any other children comeing home with such complaints???? And by the way, teachers when children address that other's are picking on them- take care of the situation-instead of turning away from the situation. I am to the point of placing a recording device to my daughter -this is appauling that these BABIES are doing these kinds of behaviors!
Who is the child Bulling?My kids go there.
Friend

Franklin, PA

#8 Oct 5, 2012
The topic is a year old

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East-Lynn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Swerve 4,270
Sam And Eula Perry Fri Eula 1
News Man Found Dead In Wayne County (Mar '14) Fri Texas 17
Kim Napier or Gary Miller (Jan '13) Fri Bill 7
Jerry Elkins Oct 9 Truth 2
Faye Stephens (Nov '16) Sep '17 Ddk 5
Lonnie Aug '17 Blueberry 1

East-Lynn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance