Sunday liquor sales still a spirited ...

Sunday liquor sales still a spirited issue

There are 5 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 15, 2009, titled Sunday liquor sales still a spirited issue. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Everyone in cars with Connecticut plates parked outside a Brewster, N.Y., liquor store on a recent Sunday afternoon agreed with Matthew Serfass, of Danbury, who said it's time for the state to repeal one of its ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

EraseBlueLaws

Hyattsville, MD

#1 Mar 15, 2009
Sunday sales would absolutely help stores along the border gain revenue. Stores that don't want to open don't have to. The fact that the law still exists is ridiculous and becoming more and more ridiculous with each passing year. It's time to kill off this outdated relic of the Prohibition era.
BeachGirl

Leesburg, VA

#2 Mar 16, 2009
I'm not sure I understand how these blue laws are a carry-over from the Prohibiton era. During Prohibition, wasn't ALL alcohol banned, and there were no legal sales of alcohol anywhere at any time?
CARL

Bayonne, NJ

#3 Mar 16, 2009
This is an archaic law that was implemented during war times, but should be abolish, and it's connected with the church. People are not going to drink more if they passed the law , on the contrary knowing that they can have it, won't be such of temptation
BeachGirl

Leesburg, VA

#4 Mar 16, 2009
Being able to buy alcohol on Sundays would simply be a matter of convenience. If you're going grocery shopping, why shouldn't you be allowed to pick up some beer or wine while you're at it? It's like that here in Virginia (although most state ABC liquor stores are closed on Sundays) and no one gives it a second thought. I grew up in Connecticut and am considering moving back, and would like to see the Sunday sales laws changed.
Bunny Pacchiana

Ashburn, VA

#8 Sep 7, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/kl2ecbo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Lyme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five Arrested On Prostitution Charges In Branfo... (Dec '09) Jan 1 Wize1 31
Walking Jan 1 JakeJr 2
News State, local lawmakers pledge opposition to Tru... Nov '16 Wildchild 1
News Shoreline Town Balks At Possible New Amtrak Line (Feb '16) Sep '16 Samuels Furnace Man 7
News Dunham Farm housing plan is no-go (Aug '08) Apr '16 Backweird 6
Review: Carelot Children's Center (Sep '14) Sep '14 disapointed mom 1
News Man arraigned for East Lyme consignment store r... (Jun '14) Jun '14 beachgirls 1

East Lyme Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Lyme Mortgages