Forum speakers praise fluoridation; East Lyme weighing whether to continue process

Dec 16, 2011 Full story: TheDay.Com

Fluoridation of the town's public water supply is safe, economical, benefits the oral health of all ages and income groups and should continue, according to public health officials and a dentist who addressed a community meeting Thursday.

Read more
jwillie6

Lafayette, LA

#1 Dec 20, 2011
The industrial toxic waste fluoride used (Hexafluorosilicic acid) cures nothing and heals nothing and has never been tested or approved by FDA (in the USA) as safe and effective for human ingestion.
Even if fluoride was helpful to teeth, distributing any drug in drinking water is the most expensive and wasteful method. As a Civil Engineer, I know that people drink only 1/2%(one-half percent) of the water they use. The remaining 99 % of the water with this toxic fluoride chemical (Hexafluorosilicic acid) is dumped directly into the environment through the sewer system.
For example, for every $1000 of fluoride chemical added to water,$995 would be directly wasted down the drain in toilets, showers, dishwashers, etc.,$5 would be consumed in water by the people, and less than $0.50 (fifty cents) would be consumed by children, the target group for this outdated practice.
That would be comparable to buying one gallon of milk, using six-and-one-half drops of it, and pouring the rest of the gallon in the sink.
Fluoridation surely is in contention as the most wasteful government program. Giving away fluoride tablets free to anyone who wants them would be far cheaper and certainly more ethical, because then we would have the freedom to choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Lyme Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Stenger Farm Pond Case (Jul '09) Feb '15 Cool4ever18 8
Review: Carelot Children's Center (Sep '14) Sep '14 disapointed mom 1
News Man arraigned for East Lyme consignment store r... (Jun '14) Jun '14 beachgirls 1
News Tea for more than two (Mar '14) Mar '14 shykora paul ARTs 1
News State grants funding to purchase 41 acres of op... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Foamer King 1
homeless (Oct '13) Oct '13 sandman 1
News Man in East Lyme standoff taken to area hospital (Oct '13) Oct '13 Foamer King 1
East Lyme Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

East Lyme People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]