Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Comments (Page 15)

Showing posts 281 - 300 of817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bravo

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving is not the answer. The principal and pastor need to be held accountable for their poor decisions, lack of leadership and creating an environment against what St Bruno the man stood for. The principal to protect herself is delegating all her responsibilities to others because of her lack of leadership abilities
Yes it Is the answer. If I was so worry about the safety of my child, have to pick up my child on Citrustree, NEED to know now what next years tuition is, then absolutely leave, but since you haven't left I guess I was right you just want to cause trouble. You must not work since your on the blog all the time.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Once again my child is at the safest school in Whittier from outside intruders. The new gates, cameras, buzzers, paid security guard, and signage...children safe. Lack of leadership is the issue. Tuition is a fair question especially for those that don't work or for those who are subsidized by school. You are giving too much credit; I can't cause trouble but I do question. Please don't be afraid to ask questions with questions you will find the truth. The principal has allowed you to turn her inabilities into a security issue. The issue continues to be her misrepresenting issues and hiding the truths.
The big picture

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Bravo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it Is the answer. If I was so worry about the safety of my child, have to pick up my child on Citrustree, NEED to know now what next years tuition is, then absolutely leave, but since you haven't left I guess I was right you just want to cause trouble. You must not work since your on the blog all the time.
It's not about causing trouble. These parents spoke up about something that was wrong. Since then, power has taken over, not what's right over wrong. Unfortunately, the children are in the middle, but remember this is what we are supposed to be teaching our children - do not just lay down when you are in a bad situation. Do the right thing. Parents, in time, your children will understand what you did; you've taught them to be leaders!!! Some of us only wish to be as strong as you. Here's a "BRAVO" where it's deserved!
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
Once again my child is at the safest school in Whittier from outside intruders. The new gates, cameras, buzzers, paid security guard, and signage...children safe. Lack of leadership is the issue. Tuition is a fair question especially for those that don't work or for those who are subsidized by school. You are giving too much credit; I can't cause trouble but I do question. Please don't be afraid to ask questions with questions you will find the truth. The principal has allowed you to turn her inabilities into a security issue. The issue continues to be her misrepresenting issues and hiding the truths.
A lack of leadership has been the issue in the past. We currently have outstanding leadership which will remain despite your efforts to the contrary. Time to wake up "John". Your efforts are a waste of time.
John Concern

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
A lack of leadership has been the issue in the past. We currently have outstanding leadership which will remain despite your efforts to the contrary. Time to wake up "John". Your efforts are a waste of time.
The principals action will cause her own removal. I don't have the power to keep her or remove her. As I said her actions have already dictated her removal. Stay tuned
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
The principals action will cause her own removal. I don't have the power to keep her or remove her. As I said her actions have already dictated her removal. Stay tuned
Her actions have not dictated her removal. You are misinformed as usual. The principal is here to stay her actions have ensured that.
In the know

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Her actions have not dictated her removal. You are misinformed as usual. The principal is here to stay her actions have ensured that.
Of course she is here to stay.
Until the next semester when it will be announced that she is leaving because of a better opportunity somewhere else.
Hand shakes and thanks all around. And the church saves face.

It's the way things are done.
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she is here to stay.
Until the next semester when it will be announced that she is leaving because of a better opportunity somewhere else.
Hand shakes and thanks all around. And the church saves face.
It's the way things are done.
Time to let go of that fantasy.
Question

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to let go of that fantasy.
You seem to be so "sure" of yourself. You must be an "insider". On the "payroll". Or a benifiter from the gratis tuition. Whichever one it is, I really don't care. But let me ask you a simple question. How do you feel about families being expelled? Enlighten me with your inside scoop. What did these families do to warrant their children's expulsion? And don't say they broke a rule in the parent handbook. If that's all you got, you and everything you have written on this blog is a joke! Your taking a stand. Confirm for me what your standing for? Do you disagree that parents do not have the right to speak out freely? Speak out freely to voice their concerns regarding their children? Do you agree with expelling families for no valid reason? Because if you do, honey you are in the wrong country.
Comment

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Bravo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it Is the answer. If I was so worry about the safety of my child, have to pick up my child on Citrustree, NEED to know now what next years tuition is, then absolutely leave, but since you haven't left I guess I was right you just want to cause trouble. You must not work since your on the blog all the time.
To assume families are leaving OR should leave based on the silly issues you mentioned shows how ignorant you really are.
ENOUGH

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The families who've been expelled are surely the parents with the super-inflated egos who love to be ringleaders and call meetings whenever there is an opportunity to "take a stand" on "issues". These "adults" are not allowing the community to move forward and get on with a Christian environment. They cannot decide whether they want to cry out that "Ms. Carvalho is endangering our children" but now that its been established that there IS NO EMINENT DANGER because "St. Bruno is now the safest school in Whittier." So now of course its time to try a new strategy, ok, I got it..."Ms. Carvalho lacks leadership. She delegates her duties and she hasn't told us what the tuition is going to be yet." WAA WAA WAA! What a crock! Get over it people and let Ms. Carvalho do her JOB. If you are not happy with her leadership, her stalker, whatever...this is a free country...go find that school with your ideal principal and leave everyone else alone. Don't go around trying to recruit others in your bogus cause!
30 years

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

ENOUGH wrote:
The families who've been expelled are surely the parents with the super-inflated egos who love to be ringleaders and call meetings whenever there is an opportunity to "take a stand" on "issues". These "adults" are not allowing the community to move forward and get on with a Christian environment. They cannot decide whether they want to cry out that "Ms. Carvalho is endangering our children" but now that its been established that there IS NO EMINENT DANGER because "St. Bruno is now the safest school in Whittier." So now of course its time to try a new strategy, ok, I got it..."Ms. Carvalho lacks leadership. She delegates her duties and she hasn't told us what the tuition is going to be yet." WAA WAA WAA! What a crock! Get over it people and let Ms. Carvalho do her JOB. If you are not happy with her leadership, her stalker, whatever...this is a free country...go find that school with your ideal principal and leave everyone else alone. Don't go around trying to recruit others in your bogus cause!
Ummm.... Yeah, my ideal principal does NOT have a stalker. Dangerous or Not. Imminent danger or Non threatining. Does NOT have a stalker. I think I heard has been stalking her on some level for 30 years?? Yeah, he ain't going anywhere. But to answer your question. My ideal principal DOES NOT HAVE A STALKER! You must have been sitting right next to Father on the interview panel. Stalker? "Oh sure, that's not going to be a problem, the parents would love to have you and your stalker!"
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be so "sure" of yourself. You must be an "insider". On the "payroll". Or a benifiter from the gratis tuition. Whichever one it is, I really don't care. But let me ask you a simple question. How do you feel about families being expelled? Enlighten me with your inside scoop. What did these families do to warrant their children's expulsion? And don't say they broke a rule in the parent handbook. If that's all you got, you and everything you have written on this blog is a joke! Your taking a stand. Confirm for me what your standing for? Do you disagree that parents do not have the right to speak out freely? Speak out freely to voice their concerns regarding their children? Do you agree with expelling families for no valid reason? Because if you do, honey you are in the wrong country.
How do you like your new job?
St Bruno Parent

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you like your new job?
Not a threat in any way. Just a simple question to make you aware that everyone knows who you are.
Parishioner

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Technically I am a parishioner, having gone through my RCIA nine years ago with two of my daughters also baptized at the same time I was at St. Bruno's by Father O'Dwyer. Those were the days. When Father Reardon came in he made so many changes. He has the personality of melba toast to boot. Nothing remains at St. Bruno to attract me to attend mass there. Including this fiasco. Poor leadership from an ineffective priest. I never considered sending my children to St. Bruno's due to the years of problems there. Bicker bicker bicker. Father Reardon, you have a problem and it didn't start with this fiasco. If I decide to attend mass again, it will not be at your parish which is run by YOU who the buck stops with.
Great

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Parishioner wrote:
Technically I am a parishioner, having gone through my RCIA nine years ago with two of my daughters also baptized at the same time I was at St. Bruno's by Father O'Dwyer. Those were the days. When Father Reardon came in he made so many changes. He has the personality of melba toast to boot. Nothing remains at St. Bruno to attract me to attend mass there. Including this fiasco. Poor leadership from an ineffective priest. I never considered sending my children to St. Bruno's due to the years of problems there. Bicker bicker bicker. Father Reardon, you have a problem and it didn't start with this fiasco. If I decide to attend mass again, it will not be at your parish which is run by YOU who the buck stops with.
Thank God you're leaving the parish. We are a Christian community, we do not need a so call parishioner who has to decide if and when they will go to mass again. You obviously had not gotten to know Fr. Readon, he is a wonderful pastor who always does the best for our church and school. The way you disrespected him just shows what kind of a person you are. I will pray for you.
Question

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

St Bruno Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a threat in any way. Just a simple question to make you aware that everyone knows who you are.
Not sure what or whom your referring to.. But answering a question by asking a question that makes no sense whatsoever completely solidifies what I said before.:)
Parishioner

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

How arrogant to presume to pray for me. I "got to know" Father Reardon for two years by continuing to attend mass. It was his manner that lost me. That and people like you. Did he do "his best" when he let so many people go upon becoming priest there? Did he do his best when he had a deacon who on the first day of catechism came off as not only not warm and welcoming, but rather saying "You're child is out of here if they touch anything in the desk they are sitting at? A "Christian community" seeks to make all their parishioners and students feel safe and welcomed. From everything I have read in these page upon page of bickering it is CLEAR Pastor Melba Toast has no leadership ability nor does he bring his parish together.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The reason the children are safe is because the principal added mega security for her personal protection and the children happen to benefit from it. Her personal guard now is able to watch the play yard as she bunkers down in her office monitoring all the cameras. The principal needs to be buying newer edition of books for our children vs buying newer cameras and paying for a security force. Again she is not doing her job because the teachers aren't teaching and students are suffering. The student body should not have to leave because the principal is not doing her job
Clueless Parents

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Cannot believe the parents that are blind to the Principals lies. She has managed to be a follower herself and allow a clueless security advisor lead her in a path that will further destroy the school. No one has been recruited to sign a petition they didnt believe in. Everyone that signed up to remove the principal did it on their own terms. You continue to bash the parents that were removed, I hope you are not a parent that was involved in an activity that the parents were involved volunteering their time for "YOUR CHILDREN" I bet the parents had no issues then. What a sad group of people to now sit around and have a list of negative things to say about the families. They did it to protect your children and the interest of your children were always the first priority.
My children spent a lot of time around those families and i always felt my children developed and will grow to be productive adults because of what they were taught.
What a sad group of people you are. I am removing my children due to the lack of leadership and to distance my family from the people that support the bad people living in that front office. They don't care about you or your children.
It will be a ghost town at that school next year. I guarantee it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of817
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Los Angeles Discussions

Search the East Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is the Worst Feature of the Proposed Monte... (Jan '14) 15 min Chacon-holics 78
Morgan freeman as token 39 min MrCracka 1
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 52 min Protective Edge 5
Facebook is lying, they plan to charge $3.99 pe... (Jan '10) 1 hr FB is hella cool 16
Donald Sterling and Steve Ballmer Meet for the ... 1 hr dementia is not funny JK 3
Gaits realty 2 hr Matt 1
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 2 hr Abdurratln 149
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Los Angeles People Search