Massachusetts Priest: Pope Is 'Not Be...

Massachusetts Priest: Pope Is 'Not Being Truthful' About Sex Abuse

There are 62 comments on the ABC News story from Apr 12, 2010, titled Massachusetts Priest: Pope Is 'Not Being Truthful' About Sex Abuse. In it, ABC News reports that:

A defiant Massachusetts priest today accused Pope Benedict XVI of lying about his role in what the priest said was a cover up of "systemic" child abuse by Catholic priests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BillOfRights

San Ramon, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2010
At least one good priest is left to tell it like it is! The pope is a liar and is guilty guilty,guilty of continuing to cover up these despicable crimes against our children!And to further enable thousands of more molestations to protect the good name of the church?Any other person would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#2 Apr 12, 2010
This man has no doubt had many sleepless-nights before deciding to speak-out...
Now if he can stay the course, through many more sleepless-nights to come...

scout

Since: Feb 07

United States

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Of course the hypocrite and dead Catholic Church is being less than truthful, for they've known for CENTURIES that homosexuals targeted the priesthood.

ALL homosexuals are pedophiles, they love little boys. Not only do they go into religion, trying to get close to kids, but they target education for the SAME reason.

Anti-Christ doctrines at work. Nothing new here, except the perversion is growing so rapidly and embraced as normal by airhead masses of voter IDIOTS.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#4 Apr 12, 2010
The entire racket is built on lies so what do you expect out of these sleazy god hustlers?
Pat

North Granby, CT

#5 Apr 12, 2010
scout wrote:
Of course the hypocrite and dead Catholic Church is being less than truthful, for they've known for CENTURIES that homosexuals targeted the priesthood.
ALL homosexuals are pedophiles, they love little boys. Not only do they go into religion, trying to get close to kids, but they target education for the SAME reason.
Anti-Christ doctrines at work. Nothing new here, except the perversion is growing so rapidly and embraced as normal by airhead masses of voter IDIOTS.
You have the brain of a sick rabid animal.
RealSheryl

East Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Apr 12, 2010
BillOfRights wrote:
At least one good priest is left to tell it like it is! The pope is a liar and is guilty guilty,guilty of continuing to cover up these despicable crimes against our children!And to further enable thousands of more molestations to protect the good name of the church?Any other person would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
But...but...(prepare for sarcasm)- the pope can't lie! He's above all those earthly sins!(I received that message from an angel in my dream last night.)

“Eye of God”

Since: Mar 10

Helix Nebula

#7 Apr 12, 2010
Rico wrote:
This man has no doubt had many sleepless-nights before deciding to speak-out...
Now if he can stay the course, through many more sleepless-nights to come...
Yes, the church is known for defrocking and excommunicating anyone who challenges them on policy or doctrine though sexually abusing children they protect those priests.
RealSheryl

East Stroudsburg, PA

#8 Apr 12, 2010
-_- Marilyn -_- wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the church is known for defrocking and excommunicating anyone who challenges them on policy or doctrine though sexually abusing children they protect those priests.
Marilyn - sadly, I must agree with you. I only want TRUTH, even if it hurts some Big Boys in the Church.

scout

United States

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the brain of a sick rabid animal.
Right, and you love all criminals: killers, gangstas, rapists, thieves, baby killers.

Look what happened.

scout

United States

#10 Apr 12, 2010
To you. Not funny.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#11 Apr 12, 2010
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and you love all criminals: killers, gangstas, rapists, thieves, baby killers.
Look what happened.
Why not just admit you have a tiny penis and be done with it? Every post you are just advertising how sexually insecure you are. LOL
RealSheryl

East Stroudsburg, PA

#12 Apr 13, 2010
scout wrote:
No. Not all homosexuals are pedophiles.

“Eye of God”

Since: Mar 10

Helix Nebula

#13 Apr 13, 2010
RealSheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
And most pedophiles have a what is considered a heterosexual orientation.

Though I have to wonder if the person who is attracted to harming children, terrorizing them, robbing them of their innocence is of either of the sexual orientations when they are only attracted to the helpless, less powerful that can't defend themselves?

After all one of the priests associated with the current pope molested both sexes didn't he though it was mostly girls?
RealSheryl

East Stroudsburg, PA

#14 Apr 13, 2010
-_- Marilyn -_- wrote:
<quoted text>And most pedophiles have a what is considered a heterosexual orientation.
Though I have to wonder if the person who is attracted to harming children, terrorizing them, robbing them of their innocence is of either of the sexual orientations when they are only attracted to the helpless, less powerful that can't defend themselves?
After all one of the priests associated with the current pope molested both sexes didn't he though it was mostly girls?
Hi Marilyn - I haven't kept up closely with all the cases. You probably know more than I do. I wish I could give you an answer, but at least at this point I don't feel qualified. Have a pleasant evening :)
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#15 Apr 13, 2010
-_- Marilyn -_- wrote:
<quoted text>And most pedophiles have a what is considered a heterosexual orientation.
Yes Marilyn,sexual acts against others is not really about sex acts themselves, these are acts of 'dominance/power/force and violence against/over others...
These perpitrators are satisfying other urges than the sex part...
Pat

North Granby, CT

#16 Apr 13, 2010
RealSheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think scout has a hard time accepting he is a gay pedophile so he has convinced himself all gays are like he is.

scout

United States

#17 Apr 13, 2010
RealSheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
All homosexuals are pedophiles, but some pedophiles that prey upon girls are not homosexuals.

Lesbians are not really homosexual, simply hormonal deranged.

scout

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2010
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Marilyn,sexual acts against others is not really about sex acts themselves, these are acts of 'dominance/power/force and violence against/over others...
These perpitrators are satisfying other urges than the sex part...
Yes, but I think it's both sensual AND power/violence. Simply insane.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#20 Apr 13, 2010
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
All homosexuals are pedophiles, but some pedophiles that prey upon girls are not homosexuals.
Lesbians are not really homosexual, simply hormonal deranged.
You are just projecting your sexual attraction with children onto others out of guilt.
born again in Christ

Washington, DC

#21 Apr 13, 2010
ROME NEVER CHANGES!

NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SHUT UP THE PARENTS..

WAKE UP GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT BEFORE IT HAPPENS TO THEM.

DON'T BE LIKE THE POPE AND PROTECT THE CHURCH OVER THE SAFETY OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN! YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE YOURSELVES!

http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/27057/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Longmeadow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield cop's suit against city claiming dis... Fri Cops are Sociopaths 18
Laviriere Officer Must Be Fired Aug 14 Reader 1
News The Latest: Labor sec'y says balance required i... Aug 7 Red Crosse 7
News Workers at Mississippi Nissan plant casting bal... Aug 4 anonymous 1
News Lee Price Chopper seeking jobs for its employee... Aug 2 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 23
News Dianne: DiNicola: A plea for St. Mary Morning Star Jul '17 Cops Luv Kids 4
Unexplainable high water sewer bill? Feb '17 Concerned resident 1

East Longmeadow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Longmeadow Mortgages