Westfield leader scrutinized for lavish charges

Aug 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

The boosters at Westfield State University wanted to support their ambitious new president in his quest to make the former teachers college into an educational powerhouse.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 19, 2013
ex mayor Dobelle

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Another former Pittsfield mayor. Big surprise. Pittsfield is a training ground for guys who like to spend other peoples money although some come here who do not need the training at all. Dobelle, is a gob big shot and will probably be rewarded for his follies even more. Apparently all Pittsfield mayors aspire to be just like him. A parasite who feeds off the hard working taxpayer. Lots of these vultures in Pittsfield. Can you name another?
hawaii prof

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

This guy was basically fired from my university for taking U-Hawaii for a similar ride. All the faculty had completely lost all their trust in Dobelle when he was fired, and most of us we were dumbstruck to learn Westfield (or any university) had hired him. Whoever offered him the job clearly has never heard of Googling, cause there is no excuse for now knowing this guy is a crook.
out and away

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

hawaii prof wrote:
This guy was basically fired from my university for taking U-Hawaii for a similar ride. All the faculty had completely lost all their trust in Dobelle when he was fired, and most of us we were dumbstruck to learn Westfield (or any university) had hired him. Whoever offered him the job clearly has never heard of Googling, cause there is no excuse for now knowing this guy is a crook.
Massachusetts has a system where if you have a political in you are golden for life. Obviously his connections got him that job and in Mass., with connections you can roam about pillaging as you wish with no worry of punishment. The state is top loaded with parasites on the nepotism gravy train. That is why the state is constantly raising taxes because they keep adding more family to the gravy train. Mass. has more make work jobs for political hangers on than any other four states combined.
the city I hate

Monson, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

hawaii prof wrote:
Right. The university didn't google him. But a fast food dump will find that topless picture of you at seventeen holding a bong when you apply for a $8 an hour job. Dobelle's infamous reputation will ensure that he's well taken care of. That's what friends are for. Isn't Ruberto working at MCLA?
Eastsider

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Where was the Berkshire Eagle and Dan Valenti on this story ? Can anyone even imagine what went on when he was mayor ? And didn't his mansion on Onota Lake have a mysterious fire and large insurance settlement ? Only in Paloocaville.
Laffy

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

And from a financial perspective his supposed 90% equity stake in Southampton's circus town doesn't help matters much

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

East Longmeadow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Longmeadow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••