New truck regulations down the road

Full story: WWLP Massachusetts

Massachusetts State Police will be enforcing changes in state trucking safety policies, and that may impact local small businesses.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Oct 20, 2008
YES YES YES

Easthampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

Judged:

another excuse to issue fines and collect fees to line the states pocket. I know I'll feel safer pulling the camper i've been pulling for 10 years without an issue. I hope the fee will be extremely high to keep up with the taxachusetts reputation.
Ken

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Some of the new laws have already been implimented. The results are going to cost the people in this state jobs and money. The results will not make the roads any safer. The inspections have become extremely subjective. Inspection stations are asking customers to file complaints with the hopes the new laws will be corrected. Based on my experience with those new regs already implimented, safety is not going to change and the state may be opening itself up for a class action suit. I have already contacted my state representative regarding the subjectivity of the new inspections. I would encourage others to do the same. These new regs will not improve safety on bit. They are simply a new tax.
Ken

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

Who is the dumbass? I wish you were right. I said many of the regulations were already in effect. I know this because I have already had a problem with the regs and the inspector actually told me it applied to even a small utility trailer. I said above the regs are subjective. Well, they are so unclear that the interpretation has been left to the inspector. No, the only dumbass here are all of us for allowing the state and it's beauocratic idealisic thinking to prevail.
RAB

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

According to WWLP it states commercial vehicles. If you have your truck registered as private plates this new plan should not apply to anyone pulling any type of weight. Personally I would never register anything commercial because it just gives the state more power to abuse their powers and collect revenue. Your right to travel by means of conveyance of the day is your right and it is not a mere privailage. I beleive in safety but I am sure this will cost money to have these inspections done and will cost you money paying the tickets. Its a win win situation with the state. If the state income tax gets voted out you will see much more of this type of, legally stealing your money....
ray

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

The state of mass. RMV did make annual inspection of all trailers intill I belive 1980 or so. They stoped because not all inspection stations did trailer inspections and the ones that did didn't have time to do the inspections, or were unsure how to do the inspections. Most inspection stations of today don't have the room to do these type of inspections... we will see about this monday night at this Should be FREE to this informational event that is open to the public. or is it.
ray

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

After reeding all of the other comments I will inform you all that " from the mass. RMV for inspectors ALL trailers over 3000lbs will need to be inspected, YES ALL trailers." I feel that if they are going to do this, they should do all trailers. I don't know about you people but I have seen more small trailers under 3000lbs that should not be on the road and should be inspected to make these people take them off the road.
Bob

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Ray I feel the same way. I am going to go to this so called open to the public informational event and I am not going for the dinner only the information.
Tim

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

RAB wrote:
According to WWLP it states commercial vehicles. If you have your truck registered as private plates this new plan should not apply to anyone pulling any type of weight
Not yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

East Longmeadow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Longmeadow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••