Hondaa s Ohio plants face a temporary...

Hondaa s Ohio plants face a temporary interruptionsa | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 27, 2011, titled Hondaa s Ohio plants face a temporary interruptionsa | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Taillights are positioned along the assembly line at Hondaa s Marysville plant. Honda plans to temporarily disrupt work as of April 4 because of supply problems attributed to Japana s earthquake and tsunami disaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Life Is Good

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 27, 2011
It's not only Honda that will be effected, but any supplier to Honda that this will effect also. Other car makers ( including the Big 3 ) will be effected if they receive any parts from Japan suppliers. GM has already shut down some of their plants and Toyota is shutting down 13 of their plants.(The Dispatch failed to mention this in their story.)
So my friends stop and think that ANY MANUFACTURE in the US that depends on any type of parts from Japan will in some shape or form will be effected by either work stoppage or shortages of a product that you would like to buy.
Gordon Gekko

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 27, 2011
start making parts in america

Since: Mar 11

Thornville, OH

#3 Mar 27, 2011
You know what, I'm just going to say it. Its all kasich's fault.
Honda Associate

Hamilton, OH

#4 Mar 27, 2011
Columbus Dispatch...

Please get your facts accurate before you report.

I stopped reading at the following part, considering I work at the Anna Engine Plant, which employees about 4,000. You fogot to mention an entire plant.

"Honda is a major employer in Ohio, with about 13,500 employees, including assembly plants in Marysville and East Liberty."
Hurting

Galloway, OH

#5 Apr 2, 2011
There are a lot of parts for honda vehicals made right here in they Ohio area, I am a truck driver and I haul parts from manufacturers to honda all day long. I am with out work right now because of this situation. This effects all of us here, I am very sad for the situation in Japan right now and hope for the best for everyone there. I just hope this doesnt last very long or we will lose a lot of drivers who will need to move on to find work elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sPam Dec 6 West Mansfield FATZ 2
News 5 arrested in Thanksgiving Bellefontaine slaying Dec 6 Newbor 7
News Smart Mobility Corridor to become Ohio's first ... Dec 1 They cannot kill ... 1
News Five arrested in Logan County slaying Dec 1 rocky top fordge 5
Valley Hi Music Thread (Dec '14) Jun '16 Musikologist 5
Make extra money with easy to use app (Jun '16) Jun '16 Daniel 1
News Two Honda managers among - leading women' in au... (Nov '15) Feb '16 mississipi flash 8

East Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Liberty Mortgages