Once-cool Element discontinued | The ...

Once-cool Element discontinued | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 37 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 4, 2010, titled Once-cool Element discontinued | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Honda Element, an Ohio-made vehicle that helped make boxy cool, will be discontinued after the 2011 model year, the automaker said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
liner

Bronx, NY

#25 Dec 13, 2010
animal control wrote:
My friends wife bought a new one, she knows nothing about autos (or cooking) but works at the honda factory. Within' 2 months the got rid of it, said it was just to cheaply put togther that they did not want to drive it.
Targeting the young americans with a $20K+ new auto that gets just 20mpg was not a good idea at all.
Honda got to where they have to many models & not enough ignorant customers.
GO HOGS..........Baby!
Sorry pal, nobody buys a new car and then gets rid of it in two months because it's cheap. If you want to make a point, dream up another story.
animal control

Huntsville, OH

#26 Dec 13, 2010
liner,
You do what I tell you to do.
Stop dreaming about a world free of buyers remose.
Honda is shure to cut the fugly ridgeliner & crossturds anytime now.
no charge

Go Hogs.........Baby!
liner

Bronx, NY

#27 Dec 13, 2010
animal control wrote:
liner,
You do what I tell you to do.
Stop dreaming about a world free of buyers remose.
Honda is shure to cut the fugly ridgeliner & crossturds anytime now.
no charge
Go Hogs.........Baby!
Learn how to spell before you tell anybody anything.
Jim

Coral Gables, FL

#28 Dec 16, 2010
John Blutarsky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your boyfriend likes it, too.
dont have one
Jim

Coral Gables, FL

#29 Dec 16, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you have to take off the training wheels first, don't you?
clever. actually i dont have to take any wheels off, they roll into the back, all three bikes
Jim

Coral Gables, FL

#30 Dec 16, 2010
cold black coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you can find me but I have to give you my address first? If you were half as fierce as you think you are you could find me without me telling you where to look.
that was a pop culture reference
animal control

Huntsville, OH

#31 Dec 16, 2010
Jim wrote:
the honda element is cool! I love mine...i can fit my two mountain bikes, a road bike and equipment in the back with plenty of room to spare and if i want, throw my surfboard on top...once more, its really easy to clean, for any endurance athlete the honda element is the best car out there. YOu fools are just lazy fat dumbass douchebags...cant help you there, i cannot help you get a life either, i can however find you and fight you in your front yard, give me your address
You Doziebag, shouldn't you be drivung a humvee!
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#32 Dec 17, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
that was a pop culture reference
Pop culture reference?
animal control

Huntsville, OH

#33 Dec 17, 2010
Quote from article:

"The original idea was that this was going to be the dorm room on wheels, hip and cool,"
"It turns out, older people bought it."

unquote. Now Dat's Funny!

Go Hogs..........Baby!
Ole Hipster

Washington, NC

#34 Dec 21, 2010
I bought one of the first elements, 2003. Drove it about 40k miles, then wife and I wanted a "plusher" SUV. But I continued to think that the element was the most utilitarian veh I ever owned. Then when I read where they were being discontinued after2011, and seeing a "blue opal" sitting at a dealership, I traded my 11-month-old Mini-s for it, figuring I could always get a new Mini, which I also love.
liner

Bronx, NY

#35 Dec 22, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
clever. actually i dont have to take any wheels off, they roll into the back, all three bikes
Your post was childish. Hence, the training wheels reference.
Jay

Macedon, NY

#36 Feb 19, 2011
I hated these until I rode in one a few times then I ended up buying one. It's 3 inches shorter than a civic and can be parked anywhere...AWD makes it great in the snow and the head room makes it feel very spacious. Since I spend more time inside my car driving it than standing outside looking at it, it was easy to get past giving a shit about what it looks like to others. Function is the name of the game...it's like the fat chick of automobiles...she does it better but you don't want to be seen with her!
Except

Mcdonough, GA

#37 Feb 19, 2011
Jay wrote:
I hated these until I rode in one a few times then I ended up buying one. It's 3 inches shorter than a civic and can be parked anywhere...AWD makes it great in the snow and the head room makes it feel very spacious. Since I spend more time inside my car driving it than standing outside looking at it, it was easy to get past giving a **** about what it looks like to others. Function is the name of the game...it's like the fat chick of automobiles...she does it better but you don't want to be seen with her!
Guys who drive these things aren't into chicks.
08 LX Element

Canandaigua, NY

#39 Jul 14, 2011
Jim wrote:
the honda element is cool! I love mine...i can fit my two mountain bikes, a road bike and equipment in the back with plenty of room to spare and if i want, throw my surfboard on top...once more, its really easy to clean, for any endurance athlete the honda element is the best car out there. YOu fools are just lazy fat **** douchebags...cant help you there, i cannot help you get a life either, i can however find you and fight you in your front yard, give me your address
You tell 'em, Jim! Don't take any crap from these non-appreciative conformists! I love my Element!
Ttt

Springfield, VA

#40 Jul 24, 2011
Low sales is also a function of price. If they reduced the price a bit sales would have been higher. It's crazy to spend $22K for new one of these as it was designed to be hozed out and didn't have many bells and whistles. The CRV and many, if not all, of the small SUVs have insufficient head space in the back or the height in the back to stand up a bicycle.

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

#41 Jul 24, 2011
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I still drive an '02 TL I bought new. Although the current Accord has grown on me, it feels bulbous when you drive it. I wish they would get back to the smart, crisp designs they had in the past.
Way to stay with the program grandpa bob. Your 02 Acura is at this point an antique. Your opinion about the stae of thecar industry and what carmakers should do and customers want is very akin to Howard Cossell coming out of the grace and doing color commontary for the X-games. Get out and drive some new Acuras and other Brands of cars, your opinion may be the same but it would at least not be outdated.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Jul 24, 2011
CKS Dublin wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to stay with the program grandpa bob. Your 02 Acura is at this point an antique. Your opinion about the stae of thecar industry and what carmakers should do and customers want is very akin to Howard Cossell coming out of the grace and doing color commontary for the X-games. Get out and drive some new Acuras and other Brands of cars, your opinion may be the same but it would at least not be outdated.
The post you replied to is 7 months old, so maybe by now he's not so outdated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley Hi Music Thread (Dec '14) Jan 25 Musikologist 7
News Informational meeting on medical marijuana shed... Oct '17 Chicken Little 1
Lime build up from water (Feb '17) Jun '17 Big Jim 4
Election Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Oct '10) Mar '17 State pharrt 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Mar '17 You pharrt 16
News North Lewisburg residents to see utility increa... (Dec '08) Feb '17 Concerned 21
News Smart Mobility Corridor to become Ohio's first ... (Dec '16) Feb '17 Jackie 2

East Liberty Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Liberty Mortgages