Hit-and-run driver kills woman on Long Island

Full story: Newsday 37
Suffolk County police have arrested a 25-year-old woman in connection with the hit-and-run death of a pedestrian in East Islip . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
abby

Patchogue, NY

#1 Mar 9, 2009
i thoughgt i tought peole to call a police station

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 9, 2009
abby wrote:
i thoughgt i tought peole to call a police station
huh?
jennifer

Brentwood, NY

#3 Mar 9, 2009
rip heather u will always be in my heart
Matt

Bethpage, NY

#4 Mar 9, 2009
Was she actually crossing Sunrise Highway?
Donna

Hollis, NY

#6 Mar 9, 2009
But why did the driver not have her headlights on? And who hits a person, and doesn't stop? How drunk was the driver? We'll never know, because she had plenty of time to sober up before turning herself in.
wow

Patchogue, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2009
People drive all the time with out there headlights on. What the hell was the women thinking when she tried to cross sunrise Hwy on foot.
Donna wrote:
But why did the driver not have her headlights on? And who hits a person, and doesn't stop? How drunk was the driver? We'll never know, because she had plenty of time to sober up before turning herself in.
W T F

Wayne, NJ

#9 Mar 10, 2009
It seems apparent that the 25yr old driver who hit the 25yr old pedestrian, was intoxicated, as well. Why else would you not stop after hitting someone? What a shame, two young lives tragically changed, because of their inability to think before they act.
BOBBY

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 11, 2009
the woman killed happens to be my cousin. This is NOT something she deserved, wanted, or asked for!! If all you have to do is gossip and point fingers at people, then you need to take a good look in the mirror. Things like this happen EVERYDAY to innocent people. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time and was killed by a DRUNK woman who had NO lights on her car. I suggest you know the facts before making your opinions.
RIP cuz!! You are truly loved and missed VERY MUCH!!
Unbelievable

East Hampton, NY

#12 Mar 11, 2009
BOBBY wrote:
the woman killed happens to be my cousin. This is NOT something she deserved, wanted, or asked for!! If all you have to do is gossip and point fingers at people, then you need to take a good look in the mirror. Things like this happen EVERYDAY to innocent people. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time and was killed by a DRUNK woman who had NO lights on her car. I suggest you know the facts before making your opinions.
RIP cuz!! You are truly loved and missed VERY MUCH!!
This girl (the driver) was drunk. The closest bowling alleys to the accident scene are East Islip and Bay Shore, both at least a few miles away. She HAD to be drunk to not realize her lights weren't on for so long and yet all she is charged with is leaving the scene? How about Vehilcular Manslaughter!!!

My condolences to the DiFede family

Hey "Bobby", is there any relation to Anthony DiFede from East Islip?
rrm

AOL

#13 Mar 16, 2009
this is a sad, horrible thing. heather did not deserve to die the way she did! this girl claims all she did was sip a beer and was not drunk! heather may not have been sober but neither was this girl! she should be ashamed of herself and has to live with this for the rest of her life! the difference being she gets to live!
KJH

Saratoga Springs, NY

#14 Mar 22, 2009
Why don't you wait for facts rather than assume, people? This is all a very unfortunate accident. I don't know all the details either, but I do know the driver. She is wonderful, very responsible girl who is the top of her class. Her life will never be the same,let alone what she has been working to accomplish. She feels HORRIBLE about this.-She thought she had hit a deer, and what single woman thinking that would stop on an express way in the middle of the night if that is what she had thought? I feel for Heathers family, as well, but don't demonize someone without knowing the facts.
RRM

AOL

#15 Mar 23, 2009
WELL KJH, I KNOW THE WHOLE STORY.... IF YOU ARE TOO SCARED TO STOP AND SEE WHAT YOU HIT MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT BE OUT THAT LATE AT NIGHT! OR MAYBE THE LIGHTS ON THE CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN TURNED ON! GIMME A BRAKE....THE DECENT, HUMAN THING TO DO WAS TO STOP EVEN IF IT WAS JUST A DEER! SHE IS WRONG IN THIS SITUATION.....THINGS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME BUT A DECENT PERSON WOULD HAVE STOPPED! I WOULD HAVE, NO MATTER WHAT I HIT EVEN IF IT WAS A POSSUM! ITS JUST THE DECENT HUMAN THING TO DO. I AM SORRY I DO THINK IT IS SAD THAT BROOKE FEELS BAD FOR WHAT SHE DID (AS SHE SHOULD) HER CARELESS MISTAKE COST SOMEONE HER LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
KJH

Saratoga Springs, NY

#17 Mar 25, 2009
Donna wrote:
But why did the driver not have her headlights on? And who hits a person, and doesn't stop? How drunk was the driver? We'll never know, because she had plenty of time to sober up before turning herself in.
Brooke has daytime running lights. Whether she puts light on or not -they are on.
KJH

Saratoga Springs, NY

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Oh good lord - enough with the drunk talk. Not everyone who goes out gets stupid. Brooke is not a drinker, and I am sure the cops have looked into that aspect thoroughly. Do try to get facts and not assume. There is more than 1 victim in this disaster. This could have happened to any one of us. I know that I never would have decided to cross a 6 lane highway on my drunkest day - but anything can happen when you are driving. Life can turn on a dime.
RRM

AOL

#19 Mar 26, 2009
yea ok.....she DID NOT have her lights on get the facts straight! and she turned herself in almost 24 hours after the accident .... hmmmmmm.....cant you sober up by then......and again what kind of person does not stop? that is a well lite area there are no deers over there ...... so PLEASE GIVE IT UP!
Pit Bull owner

North Bergen, NJ

#20 Mar 26, 2009
KJH wrote:
Why don't you wait for facts rather than assume, people? This is all a very unfortunate accident. I don't know all the details either, but I do know the driver. She is wonderful, very responsible girl who is the top of her class. Her life will never be the same,let alone what she has been working to accomplish. She feels HORRIBLE about this.-She thought she had hit a deer, and what single woman thinking that would stop on an express way in the middle of the night if that is what she had thought? I feel for Heathers family, as well, but don't demonize someone without knowing the facts.
she may have thought that she hit a deer in the middle of the night
but what about the next morning when there were reports of a hit and run fatality, on the road she was driving on, at the time she was driving on it ?
Waste of time

United States

#21 Mar 26, 2009
KJH wrote:
Oh good lord - enough with the drunk talk. Not everyone who goes out gets stupid. Brooke is not a drinker, and I am sure the cops have looked into that aspect thoroughly. Do try to get facts and not assume. There is more than 1 victim in this disaster. This could have happened to any one of us. I know that I never would have decided to cross a 6 lane highway on my drunkest day - but anything can happen when you are driving. Life can turn on a dime.
Wait! I can see into your future. It says that you will never win your argument on this forum, wait!--there's more. I see that you will become more frustrated and extremely angry with the opinions on this comment forum. You can avoid this future by starting your own "in memorium" or "in defense" blog elsewhere.
Ted Kennedy

North Bergen, NJ

#22 Mar 26, 2009
KJH

Saratoga Springs, NY

#23 Mar 26, 2009
Pit Bull owner wrote:
<quoted text>
she may have thought that she hit a deer in the middle of the night
but what about the next morning when there were reports of a hit and run fatality, on the road she was driving on, at the time she was driving on it ?
Why do you think she turned herself in?
KJH

Saratoga Springs, NY

#24 Mar 26, 2009
Waste of time wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait! I can see into your future. It says that you will never win your argument on this forum, wait!--there's more. I see that you will become more frustrated and extremely angry with the opinions on this comment forum. You can avoid this future by starting your own "in memorium" or "in defense" blog elsewhere.
Are we all here to win something or to share ideas and opinions? In this instance, I think we are all losers.(In more ways than one.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr scirocco 119,692
Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) 13 hr Ginger 16
Aunt paroled in 1983 murder of niece, 5, in NY (May '09) Fri Lili 15
irish mob (Oct '13) Thu ClipperHatBoy 31
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) Dec 18 Scottu 56

East Islip News Video

East Islip Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

East Islip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Islip News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Islip

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

NBC Sports12:58PM
William Hayes, Alec Ogletree draw fines after fight with Giants
ESPN 1:59 PM
Giants' Pierre-Paul says he is worth 'a lot'
NBC Sports 2:33 PM
Giants seek to end with 4-game win streak - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 3:17 PM
Greg Cosell's Film Review: How Rex Ryan's D pressured Tom Brady
Bleacher Report 4:20 PM
NY Giants Twitter Mailbag