L.I. man shoots cat with bb gun: Bull...

L.I. man shoots cat with bb gun: Bullied his dog, he said in de...

There are 15 comments on the New York Daily News story from Aug 3, 2009, titled L.I. man shoots cat with bb gun: Bullied his dog, he said in de.... In it, New York Daily News reports that:

A Long Island man fought a cat - over a dog. Ronald Tergesen , 41, of East Islip , was arrested after a neighbor reported seeing him hit a black cat named Coco with a rake, then shoot the furry feline with a BB gun, police said on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

james owens

Mastic, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2009
What a coward. Someone should take this anti-american idiot out and beat him to a pulp.
Kelly Barker

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 3, 2009
How American are you slinging violence? You have heard of innocent until proven guilty right?
Concerned Citizen

West Sayville, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2009
Just remember there are two sides to the story!!!!
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#5 Aug 3, 2009
Kelly Barker wrote:
How American are you slinging violence? You have heard of innocent until proven guilty right?
OK, if he is found guilty, someone should beat him into a bloody pulp. Takes a real man to torture a cat. If you know anything about cats, if they get attacked by something bigger than them, they run. He must have hit this cat a few times and hit it hard enough that it was too stunned or hurt to run. It had head trauma, multiple bruises, and broken teeth.
christine

Middle Island, NY

#6 Aug 4, 2009
he is nothing but a coward who needs to fight a man, not a poor innocent cat... he need to have the shit kick out of him and then hang his ass... what a loser i hate people who abuse animals... they r nothing but cowards...
a name

New York, NY

#7 Aug 5, 2009
i know the mans wife and children he would never do something like that there has to be a better reason
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#8 Aug 5, 2009
a name wrote:
i know the mans wife and children he would never do something like that there has to be a better reason
Ever notice any weird bruising on his wife and children? They ever just give the excuse "I fell down the stairs."
a name

New York, NY

#9 Aug 6, 2009
they dont have stairs and no none have it and turns out that he was shewing it away with the rake and tryed scaring it with a bb gun but hit it and he said he would pay for the cats bills and u know what the owner of the cat did the next day had the nerve to let her children go over to his house and ask to swim so yea what would u do
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#10 Aug 6, 2009
a name wrote:
they dont have stairs and no none have it and turns out that he was shewing it away with the rake and tryed scaring it with a bb gun but hit it and he said he would pay for the cats bills and u know what the owner of the cat did the next day had the nerve to let her children go over to his house and ask to swim so yea what would u do
Well, if the cat was in my yard and it bothered me that much, i'd call animal control. Let them deal with it and give the pet owner a ticket. No reason to beat the animal.
a name

New York, NY

#11 Aug 6, 2009
thats the thing he didnt beat it
InkedAndPierced

Owings Mills, MD

#12 Aug 7, 2009
a name wrote:
thats the thing he didnt beat it
So it got bruised and bunch of broken teeth by being shot by a pellet gun?
billy bob

New York, NY

#13 Aug 9, 2009
how can u see bruises on a black cat
Dave

United States

#14 Oct 7, 2009
If the BB gun had only one or two pumps, it would only sting and not hurt the cat.

Maybe they guy doesn't like cats in his yard scaring away birds or pissing in his window box.

Pet owners should be more responsible and not allow them to wonder on other peoples property.
Mickey

Bronxville, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2009
I thought this was America? I guess many people don't believe in our judicial system, and would rather be titillated by media whores that want ratings. You only know what the media presented, you don't know his family, you don't know the cat owner, you don't know the animal, and you want to run with clubs and pitchforks?

PS animal control will not come for cats. They can go where they want.
some1

Gladewater, TX

#16 Jan 3, 2010
yall are all wierd and just need to drop it i agree with Mickey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) 2 hr Thomas Archer 9
News Town of Islip OKs bonds for animal shelter, air... 13 hr charge the taxpayer 3
Islandia Music Thread Sun Musikologist 2
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Oct 13 Bruser 2,778
Marie Oct 12 Don 1
News Paying it forward Oct 10 trsh island 1
News Conflict holds up tax breaks for $5M Bay Shore ... Oct 10 rehab land 1

East Islip Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Islip Mortgages