Man sues LIRR for public focus on his...

Man sues LIRR for public focus on his cerebral palsy

There are 37 comments on the Newsday.com story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Man sues LIRR for public focus on his cerebral palsy. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

Having lived with cerebral palsy all his 22 years, Anthony Faggiani has become accustomed to occasional stares as he goes out in his wheelchair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pearls before Swine

White Plains, NY

#25 Feb 5, 2009
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
I like arrows too, but I think you meant to reply to someone else.....
So sue me.

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#27 Feb 6, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
<quoted text>
General, these are carets ^^^^^^^^^^
Have I posted enough of them to bother you? Will you sue me?
^^^^^^^^^^
Itís caret time.
Anyone get pissed off when they see a tilde?~~~~~~~~~
My bad. Then they are sideways carrots. I'm going to sue you for saying carrots.

“Kneel before Zod”

NY

#28 Feb 6, 2009
Wikipedia.... Caret, sometimes spelled phonetically, Carat, is the name for the symbol ^ in ASCII and some other character sets.

I just got smarter. I always thought it was a carrot becaus it looked like a carrot

“Kneel before Zod”

NY

#29 Feb 6, 2009
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to ghost ride my bike..
Looking back, didn't make much sense..since it was my bike that would be crashing into something...
Kind of like people rioting and tearing down there own homes...
but I digress to Obama.....
I would ghost ride my friends bike, then he would do mine. We did it until our rims were bent. Thinking back, it's not such a good idea.

Since: Dec 08

Bridgewater, NJ

#30 Feb 6, 2009
This will require another fare hike. Bend over everybody.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#31 Feb 6, 2009
Pearls before Swine wrote:
<quoted text>
So sue me.
I'm callin Sidney. SIDNEYYYYYYYYY.
He Wants Your Wallet

Hicksville, NY

#32 Feb 6, 2009
Sieben & Sieben continues to bring frivolous lawsuits to our courts every week! Keep your eyes on these skells!!!

This is the same law firm that just got a settlement from Smithtown. Seems that Smithtown was giving favorable treatment to actual Smithtown residents for Section 8 vouchers over people who don't live in Smithtown - how dare they!

As to this lawsuit, sorry about your disability kid - you are in a wheelchair - the guy didn't say "train being held for Palsy guy, train being held for Palsy guy!" The father should be absolutely ashamed of himself for using his kid to get money!!!
Pat from Babylon

Washington, DC

#33 Feb 6, 2009
Seems to me that the problem was the LIRR conductor. He was notified that a wheelchair ramp was needed at the return station. So where was he when they got to East Islip? Probably BSing with the other conductors. He didn't do his job. I still think that sueing is a liitle insane though.
lawful

West Babylon, NY

#34 Feb 6, 2009
what are his damages? his feelings are hurt? did he spend money on counseling? the attorney who took this case should be sanctioned for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. This is the crap that gives lawyers a bad name.
interesting

Queens Village, NY

#35 Feb 6, 2009
lawful wrote:
what are his damages? his feelings are hurt? did he spend money on counseling? the attorney who took this case should be sanctioned for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. This is the **** that gives lawyers a bad name.
Yes, his feeling were hurt and he is ruined for life. Well, actualy he read about the GAPs on the LIRR and how any M*o*r*o*n who 'slips/falls' into one gets a BIG PAYDAY. So while he was trying to fit his wheelchair into the GAP, he realized it was TOO big, so he was left with his only shot at a big payday and that was his feelings were hurt by the horrific announcement of someone in a wheelchair.

Hmm, What is the PC word for wheelchair? I mean I know I can't say Merrry Christmas without offending Jews, I know I can't say illegal alien as it will offend lunatic left-wing i*d*i*o*t*s and the poor illegal alien...I know I should not say Indian unless they are from India. I know I should not say r*e*t*a*r*d because it may offenc an actual r*e*t*a*r*d. I can't call someone disabled, it is handicapped.

Hmm, so how about if the conductor called the 'wheelchair' a "handicap transportation device"....would that have made him happier.

Gime a break, I'd roll this guy in front of the 3:40 express train to get rid of one more slime ball.
LIC

New York, NY

#37 Feb 6, 2009
Freddy wrote:
Funny how the people complaining the most about the guy are the people who work for the LIRR. I hope the guy sues for 10 million. Hey, if they (the LIRR) can get away with their disability fraud scam then why not some guy suing the LIRR for some nonsense? Even if he got 10 million dollars it would still be less than that disability fraud LIRR scam that they all got adding up to hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.
Even when somebody fall into one of those dangerous gaps they (the people who work for the LIRR) blame the person who was injured or they laugh about it.
And it's also funny how most of the people who defend these idiots are the ones who fell in the gap themselves and forgot how to step over a hole in the ground! Do you need help stepping up a curb too? How many lawsuits do you have against NYC for "failure to provide adequate warnings that there are raised curbs near where the street meets the sidewalk."
Jim

Cranford, NJ

#38 Feb 6, 2009
Pat from Babylon wrote:
Seems to me that the problem was the LIRR conductor. He was notified that a wheelchair ramp was needed at the return station. So where was he when they got to East Islip? Probably BSing with the other conductors. He didn't do his job. I still think that sueing is a liitle insane though.
You are probably right that the conductor wasn't doing his job, but that's alright because he's part of a union. And as far as the lawsuit goes, how much are hurt feelings worth? I'm sure there are many kids in grammar schools across LI that get their feelings hurt every day.
Rob

Hauppauge, NY

#39 Feb 6, 2009
I think any lawyer (not the person but the lawyer who talks the people into it) who brings any lawsuit and losses should be made to pay court costs as well as the winners attorny's fees. I bet a lot of these types of cases would never be brought!
George

Pleasanton, CA

#40 Feb 6, 2009
Rob wrote:
I think any lawyer (not the person but the lawyer who talks the people into it) who brings any lawsuit and losses should be made to pay court costs as well as the winners attorny's fees. I bet a lot of these types of cases would never be brought!
He should sue for 20 million dollars. People who work for the LIRR are the ones who complain or are angry about any lawsuit against the LIRR. It is ok for them to sue and settle for 500 grand in an ankle injury. Also, when they do their disability scam nobody is supposed to say a word about it according to them. With those dangerous gaps it is always the fault of the victims who get injured, that's what they all say when a victim sues. Mr. Faggiani should not have been humiliated as he was as he suffers every day so it is nothing to joke about or make fun of. The people who work for the LIRR are great at doing that about everything, joking, taunting, mocking and making fun of victims be it in gap incidents, underpass or overpass improvements, etc.
Rob

Hauppauge, NY

#41 Feb 6, 2009
George wrote:
<quoted text>
He should sue for 20 million dollars. People who work for the LIRR are the ones who complain or are angry about any lawsuit against the LIRR. It is ok for them to sue and settle for 500 grand in an ankle injury. Also, when they do their disability scam nobody is supposed to say a word about it according to them. With those dangerous gaps it is always the fault of the victims who get injured, that's what they all say when a victim sues. Mr. Faggiani should not have been humiliated as he was as he suffers every day so it is nothing to joke about or make fun of. The people who work for the LIRR are great at doing that about everything, joking, taunting, mocking and making fun of victims be it in gap incidents, underpass or overpass improvements, etc.
Not sure why you responded to me as your response has nothing to do with what i said. But where where all these GAP injuries 5 years ago, 10, 20. no where. Now most people just want to make a buck. I am not saying i agree or disagree with what happened. but to sue cause someones fellings got hurt. Come on, grow a pair and move on. Remember the old saying Sticks and stones may break my bones but name will never hurt me!

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#45 Feb 9, 2009
end the hate wrote:
I can see how this man was embarrassed, i would be too, but honestly, i would TOTALLY get over it. I think any grown person would. Just because he has cerebral palsy, doesn't mean people have to treat him like a king because by the end of the day, he is a human being like the rest of us. I really hate it when people sue for such stupid reasons and i am hoping he loses because that's free extra cash in his pocket for absolutely no reason..
But if he does win he'll have more money to pimp out his wheel chair
lawful

West Babylon, NY

#46 Feb 9, 2009
George wrote:
<quoted text>
George, you're a dope. who do you think the LIRR will pass the cost of the lawsuit on? The riders. The disability scam (?) has nothing to do with this lawsuit anyway, a lawsuit is NOT the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lake Grove 1 hr ncantley 7
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 23 hr Bruser 2,445
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Jul 2 Down South 121,920
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Jul 2 Anthony 1,814
Veronica Sarabella arrested for Purse Snatching (Jan '11) Jul 2 Sara HairyPurse 6
Debate: Drinking Age - Ronkonkoma, NY (Dec '11) Jul 1 my opinion 2
looking to breed my male English Bulldog !!! Jun 29 ccarter34 2
More from around the web

East Islip People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

East Islip Mortgages