Man sues LIRR for public focus on his...

Man sues LIRR for public focus on his cerebral palsy

There are 37 comments on the Newsday.com story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Man sues LIRR for public focus on his cerebral palsy. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

Having lived with cerebral palsy all his 22 years, Anthony Faggiani has become accustomed to occasional stares as he goes out in his wheelchair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pearls before Swine

White Plains, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2009
>

>>

>>>

I will be suing every one on this forum who disagrees with me or makes fun of me.

>

>>

>>>
liner

Bronx, NY

#4 Feb 5, 2009
I had to laugh at the LIRR official who said "We need to keep our customers informed as to the reason for any delays". Whenever it's the RR's fault,(99.9% of the time), you'll hear crickets. When some poor schmuck needs a ramp to get his wheelchair off the train, they gotta make an announcement every 30 seconds. Can these people get anymore incompetent?
Tommy

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 5, 2009
First and foremost: How did you get on the train? Your dad was with you, right? Couldnt he have helped you? Second: On the LIRR website, clear as day announces which stops are handicap accessiable... maybe this one is, maybe this one isnt but if it isnt, then go to one that is. I am sorry that you felt that he was emphasizing it, but most people feel threatened when someone tries to assist them. I know this with deaf people who want to be very independent. You have no case... Its sad that you think this way, but think of the possibilities you could have done before you even boarded before the game.
Pearls before Swine

White Plains, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2009
>

>>

>>>

Liner, for you I would think it is a "small" claim. No attorney necessary.
>

>>

>>>

I like arrows
wow

Bronx, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2009
I feel for the guy but now we're suing for insensitivity? Must have been a lawyer sitting next to him that day.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 5, 2009
How about his fellow passengers helping out instead of complaining. Idiots!
LIC

Levittown, NY

#9 Feb 5, 2009
"Faggiani's attorney, Andrew Siben of Bay Shore, said the change will have no effect on the lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages for "serious psychological injuries and distress."

Umm..then every single person on the face of this earth is entitled to that!! Just go out into the world with this economy, crime, road rage, etc. Aren't we ALL suffering serious psychological injuries and distress?? Anthony - grow up you moronic a-hole. You must have also had a lobotomy.
NYStateOfMind

Woodstock, NY

#10 Feb 5, 2009
This sounds to me more like the father is behind this...
Cranky

Tenafly, NJ

#11 Feb 5, 2009
Good grief. Is everyone out for a quick buck these days? The courts should fine people for these frivolous lawsuits.
Joe the Hack

New York, NY

#12 Feb 5, 2009
Tired of the nonsense wrote:
Impossible and here's why: Imagine some good samaratin decides to help and then slips, trips or does something to endagner this poor soul.

If this guy is capable of suing because someone said he was in a wheelchair, what sort of suit would he hit YOU with if you didn't carry him perfectly, kiss his little forehead and make sure that all was well?

I don't know about you, but the sad reality of this country is that I step over and around anyone who needs my help. In the land of litigation that is the U.S.A., I'm not risking even BREATHING on someone.

Sorry, but Confusious once said "Save a man's life and he'll never forgive you for it."

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Joe the Hack wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible and here's why: Imagine some good samaratin decides to help and then slips, trips or does something to endagner this poor soul.
If this guy is capable of suing because someone said he was in a wheelchair, what sort of suit would he hit YOU with if you didn't carry him perfectly, kiss his little forehead and make sure that all was well?
I don't know about you, but the sad reality of this country is that I step over and around anyone who needs my help. In the land of litigation that is the U.S.A., I'm not risking even BREATHING on someone.
Sorry, but Confusious once said "Save a man's life and he'll never forgive you for it."
Agreed, maybe next time they just give him a ghost ride right out of the doors.
NYStateOfMind

Woodstock, NY

#14 Feb 5, 2009
Joe the Hack wrote:
<quoted text>

Well said...

It is sad that the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" is more applicable today than ever. I personally know someone who helped someone and was sued for $20 grand for his genorosity. The attorney said "the best thing you can do is settle" due to the persons personal worth. Cost $14 grand to settle...

That's the reality. Sad, but true...
liner

Bronx, NY

#16 Feb 5, 2009
Pearls before Swine wrote:
>
>>
>>>
Liner, for you I would think it is a "small" claim. No attorney necessary.
>
>>
>>>
I like arrows
I like arrows too, but I think you meant to reply to someone else.....
LIC

Levittown, NY

#17 Feb 5, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention those of us who read about these idiots. I think knowing this guy could cause psychotically injuries.
What amuses me the most is that he was upset that people on the train now know about his disability. How do you think he’s going to react now that his name and condition is in the media? I think I’ll print up a sign for my car’s rear window that reads “Anthony Faggiani has CP and is in a wheelchair”.
LOL! Print one up for me too! I mean, c'mon, did the whittle conductor hurt his whittle feelings? Aww...poor douchebag. With all the stuff happening in this world - layoffs, forclosures, etc, this is what this idiot complains about?? You're right, reading about this raises my blood pressure.

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#18 Feb 5, 2009
Pearls before Swine wrote:
>
>>
>>>
I will be suing every one on this forum who disagrees with me or makes fun of me.
>
>>
>>>
Sue me, I will sue you. You hurt my feelings by posting the carrots.

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#19 Feb 5, 2009
<quoted text>
Agreed, maybe next time they just give him a ghost ride right out of the doors.
"ghost ride" --- Haven't heard that in years :)
Busey

Melville, NY

#20 Feb 5, 2009
General Zod wrote:
<quoted text>
"ghost ride" --- Haven't heard that in years :)
I used to ghost ride my bike..

Looking back, didn't make much sense..since it was my bike that would be crashing into something...

Kind of like people rioting and tearing down there own homes...

but I digress to Obama.....
Ca mu na t Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#21 Feb 5, 2009
Anthony Faggiani is a leech; will a wheelchair fit in the gap?
Freddy

San Jose, CA

#22 Feb 5, 2009
Funny how the people complaining the most about the guy are the people who work for the LIRR. I hope the guy sues for 10 million. Hey, if they (the LIRR) can get away with their disability fraud scam then why not some guy suing the LIRR for some nonsense? Even if he got 10 million dollars it would still be less than that disability fraud LIRR scam that they all got adding up to hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.
Even when somebody fall into one of those dangerous gaps they (the people who work for the LIRR) blame the person who was injured or they laugh about it.
Clueless

Mamaroneck, NY

#24 Feb 5, 2009
Freddy wrote:
Funny how the people complaining the most about the guy are the people who work for the LIRR. I hope the guy sues for 10 million. Hey, if they (the LIRR) can get away with their disability fraud scam then why not some guy suing the LIRR for some nonsense? Even if he got 10 million dollars it would still be less than that disability fraud LIRR scam that they all got adding up to hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.
Even when somebody fall into one of those dangerous gaps they (the people who work for the LIRR) blame the person who was injured or they laugh about it.
Doesn't sound to me like any of these people are LIRR employees. Just another idiot trying to stir up arguments about railroad service

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Islip Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sat Jennie 1,451
News Northport teacher arrested for "inappropriate r... (Mar '07) Thu Bumpkinsville Bubba 247
News Trump, top officials take aim at brutal MS-13 s... Apr 20 spud 9
News Plastic bags put over red-light cameras (Apr '16) Apr 19 ICE MAN 8
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Apr 18 Under a Palm 1,821
carlton park (Oct '10) Apr 18 Earl 12
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Apr 18 Lisa 54

East Islip Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Islip Mortgages