#1 Dec 16, 2016
safercar.gov
2016 Tesla Model X

Date Complaint Filed: 12/14/2016 Date of Incident: 12/13/2016
Component(s): AIR BAGS , STRUCTURE , VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
NHTSA ID Number: 10935272
Consumer Location: AMAGANSETT, NY
No Number of Injuries:1 Number of Deaths:0
Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc.Vehicle Identification No.(VIN): 5YJXCBE24GF...
SUMMARY:
I HAD PULLED INTO A PARKING LOT, PROCEEDED TO PULL INTO A SPOT ADJACENT TO A CINDER BLOCK BUILDING. I HAD MY FOOT LIGHTLY ON THE GAS PEDAL, THEN AS I MADE THE TURN INTO THE SPOT, MY FOOT WAS ON THE BRAKE - THE CAR LURCHED FORWARD AND SPED UP AND THE BRAKES DID NOT STOP IT. I WENT RIGHT INTO THE CONCRETE BUILDING, HEAD ON - AIR BAGS DEPLOYED. THE FRONT END CRUSHED AND THE 2 AIRBAGS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE DEPLOYED AND WERE SMOKING. I READ ON LINE THAT THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS INCIDENCES OF THIS HAPPENING WITH THE TESLA. SPONTANEOUS ACCELERATION WITH MY FOOT NOT ON THE GAS PEDAL. THE CAR WOULD NOT STOP BY THE BRAKES! I COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED OR HIT ANOTHER PERSONA OR VEHICLE. THE CAR HIT THE BUILDING AS WELL AS A NATURAL GAS PIPE THAT WAS RUNNING ALONG THE BUILDINGS SIDE AT THE LEVEL OF MY FRONT BUMPER. I FILED A POLICE REPORT.
fyi

Haymarket, VA

#2 Dec 30, 2016
UPDATE 1-Tesla owner files lawsuit
in California claiming sudden
acceleration
Fri Dec 30, 2016 | 8:41pm EST
http://www.reuters.com/article/tesla-lawsuit-...
----------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paul Manafort's New York properties at stake in... Aug 25 JKOMER 1
Royal Atlantic Beach Resorts (Mar '18) Mar '18 Anthony scam 1
News US cold snap was a freak of nature, quick analy... (Jan '18) Jan '18 C Kersey 2
Boycott Palm Beach County (Mar '17) Mar '17 The War on Speech 1
News The Latest: FBI expected to release Clinton doc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Fooling No One 1
Song about the Citiots! (Jun '16) Jun '16 John_Albert 1
Ina Garten (Sep '15) Feb '16 Donna 2

East Hampton Jobs

Personal Finance

East Hampton Mortgages