Dead fish litter beach in Montauk, fi...

Dead fish litter beach in Montauk, fishermen blamed

There are 1 comment on the The Southampton Press story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Dead fish litter beach in Montauk, fishermen blamed. In it, The Southampton Press reports that:

The carcasses of hundreds of dead striped bass washed onto the beach on Napeague Sunday afternoon and some are speculating that commercial fishermen were to blame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southampton Press.

Hamptonite

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 26, 2009
I live in Montauk, and am an actor and writer, not a fisherman, but the destiny of our town has always been intertwined with that of the independent commercial fisherman. This is a clear cut case where ill-informed, publicity-driven government regulation has all but destroyed an industry. Do we need jobs? Do we have ample fisheries? Save an endangered species: The Long Island Fisherman!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, hospital... (Dec '09) Jun 29 Demon hugger 34
Security and Loss Prevention in the Hamptons May '17 Eastern Security 1
News MS-13 Gang "Entrenched" On Long Island (Aug '07) Apr '17 LibHater 111
Boycott Palm Beach County Mar '17 The War on Speech 1
Tesla Model X 2016 (Dec '16) Jan '17 fyi 3
Historic Movie Theater Roof Collapses In Massiv... (Dec '16) Dec '16 openmind693 1
News Facts shed light on the folly of hoarding bulbs... (Jun '11) Nov '16 Moonbeam 4

East Hampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Hampton Mortgages