Slow, painful recovery for hit-and-ru...

Slow, painful recovery for hit-and-run victim

There are 78 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Slow, painful recovery for hit-and-run victim. In it, Newsday reports that:

Allison Ciancarelli's life has turned dark since she was run down by an unknown driver on a warm day in April just a few hundred yards from her parents' Lindenhurst home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Theresa

Massapequa Park, NY

#75 Jun 6, 2008
Bobby Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey As-hat, have you seen the price of gas lately...get use to seeing more bicycles.
Guess what? I like to walk for exercise. Bicyclers are not so great either. They ride on the sidewalk when its crowded sometimes. Thats very dangerous.
was a NYer

Hendersonville, NC

#76 Jun 6, 2008
end the hate wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if she was a teacher, what does it matter? its a fkn job for god sakes, its not like shes a stripper......
Strippers make better money
Theresa

Massapequa Park, NY

#77 Jun 6, 2008
MrJB wrote:
OK, that is horrible for the woman and all, but seriously...who cares? How is this a story? It happend in April, and she has a bad leg. Why is this story in newsday?
Well, because its a current issue.
end the hate

Brooklyn, NY

#78 Jun 6, 2008
Mike Savage wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here is the reason "Einstein".....Teach ers are a model of virtue in our society, especially the ones who teach elementary school. Their children get attached to them and love and respect them. So, when you harm a teacher you indirectly cause suffering in many small lives as well.
beautifully written...thank you
Angela

Union City, NJ

#79 Jun 6, 2008
end the hate wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if she was a teacher, what does it matter? its a fkn job for god sakes, its not like shes a stripper......
God is spelled with a capital "G"!
Theresa

Massapequa Park, NY

#80 Jun 6, 2008
And shes one of our neighbors. Some people do care about their neighbors believe it or not.
Lindy Gal

Hillsborough, NC

#88 Jun 6, 2008
Is this the same Ciancerelli family that lost a brother(uncle) in Rockville Center many years ago? He was standing outside a restaurant with a girl and they were hit and killed by a car. I went to school with Anthony, his brother (may they both rest in peace) and the family is GREAT.
Wishing you a FULL recovery.
rckayla

Brooklyn, NY

#89 Jun 6, 2008
I do not understand those who leave the scene of an accident; especially one where you've hit a person!! They must be cold-hearted monsters who have no conscience whatsoever. My first 'automatic' reaction would be to stop my car, get out and help the person whom I just accidentally hit! Sure I would be crying like a baby (as I did once when I accidentally hit a dog), but I would do the right thing and help... what is wrong with some people nowadays???? Truly heartless of that driver to not stop! Prayers are being said that the Suffolk County Police do finally catch that woman driver...
Although I can imagine Allison's injuries and recovery was extremely painful, I am glad that she was not killed and that she will recover :)
MrJB

Brentwood, NY

#90 Jun 6, 2008
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, because its a current issue.
Current? Did you read the article?
tosh

New Hyde Park, NY

#91 Jun 6, 2008
In this corner wrote:
Give the driver a break...it was an accident, she panicked and ran. The roads are for cars not bicycles.
I hope Allison had a full recovery, good luck to her.
Give the driver a break?Easy for you to say. I lost my son Taariq Parham, 14 years old in West Babylon on Sept 7th 2007. He was hit by a woman driving a car while talking on her cell at 8pm at night with no headlights on. My son was hit as he rode his bike from a pizzeria on Little East Neck Rd. He flew up 30 feet in the air, broke every bone in his body and passed in the hospital 2 hours later. I will never have my son back. Yes the driver stopped and it's only right that she did stop. I only wish the driver had stopped for this young woman as well. My son was 14, and too young to go. He was a beautiful kid. To say give the driver a break is to not accept responsibility. To the woman who is still recovering, "I wish you the best." You will be ok in time.
Fred

Portland, OR

#94 Jun 6, 2008
In this corner wrote:
Give the driver a break...I hope Allison had a full recovery, good luck to her.
I agree . Which bone should we start with . I suggest the shin bone connected to the anklebone.... and praise the word of the Lord . I'd finish off with C-5 but I'm not married to that plan in particular .
mee

New York, NY

#95 Jun 6, 2008
so many people driving without license's these days or high on something. It's why there are so many hit and runs
Ashley

Jericho, NY

#96 Jun 6, 2008
In this corner wrote:
Give the driver a break...it was an accident, she panicked and ran. The roads are for cars not bicycles.
I hope Allison had a full recovery, good luck to her.
You are kidding right? How can anyone hit someone and keep driving away? If this was a family member of yours, you wouldnt not be saying that. I wouldnt be suprised if you knew who did this, that is the only reason I can see for making such a stupid comment.
MrJB

Brentwood, NY

#97 Jun 6, 2008
rckayla wrote:
I do not understand those who leave the scene of an accident; especially one where you've hit a person!! They must be cold-hearted monsters who have no conscience whatsoever. My first 'automatic' reaction would be to stop my car, get out and help the person whom I just accidentally hit! Sure I would be crying like a baby (as I did once when I accidentally hit a dog), but I would do the right thing and help... what is wrong with some people nowadays???? Truly heartless of that driver to not stop! Prayers are being said that the Suffolk County Police do finally catch that woman driver...
Although I can imagine Allison's injuries and recovery was extremely painful, I am glad that she was not killed and that she will recover :)
Yes most people would do the same if they hit someone, but maybe it was a young girl,she got scared and just kept going. Or maybe an abused woman who's husband would kill her for getting into an accident.. Maybe she is crying her eyes out right now reading this story is regret and sorrow of what happen? Everyone in the thread is assuming the driver was some drunken, stoned fugitive running on a rampage like thelma and loiuse. When in fact nothin is known about this driver. Its easy to be such law-abiding civil servents like you all are when you are behind a monitor, but when real life slaps you in the face, people react...some wrong, some right. dosent make then a monster.

On the other hang it could have been some drunken stoned low life...in that case disregard the above and continue the bashing :)
Happy Evans

AOL

#98 Jun 6, 2008
Sounds like a description of my mother. How did you do it ma, no one even got your plate #? I remember witnessing a hit & run MVA at the intersection of Harned and MOtor prkwy and couple years back. I could have recorded the guys plate # or even followed him but isn't that what SCPD gets six figuires a year to do. I said i'm happy,I'm not good
Anon

Oceanside, NY

#99 Jun 6, 2008
I live just a few houses down from the accident. I did not see the accident, but there are so many accidents at the corner of East Shore Road and Montauk Highway. Something needs to be done, preferably a traffic light. Good luck to Allison, and hopefully the driver can be found and punished.
In this corner

Brooklyn, NY

#100 Jun 7, 2008
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kidding right?
Yes, I am! Just a incendiary comment to make people think.
Allison

Brooklyn, NY

#101 Mar 12, 2013
CAROLANN4 wrote:
Panic only lasts for a little while, go back and fess up! Don't be a coward. Let the poor woman off the hook and let her forgive you as most people will do. Speedy recovery for both victims.
Are you the one who hit me you mental midget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Studying abroad, U.S. students catch a wave in ... May 18 Doc Savage 1
Fire Warning for Suffolk County starting May 13... May 13 GUEST 1
News Hamptons Million-Dollar Homes Bolster Real Esta... May 1 GUEST 2
News Downtown Montauk Project Underway, Officials Ho... Apr '15 um how about 3327 XV 1
News Benefits & Galas Mar '15 Robert P 1
News Local craft brewers take on big beer Mar '15 Frank D 2
PSEG to seek bids for new Montauk power sources Feb '15 madasjoy 1
More from around the web

East Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]