Consumer Reports-Jeep Beats Toyota

Consumer Reports-Jeep Beats Toyota

There are 37 comments on the www.autoloandaily.com story from Nov 3, 2010, titled Consumer Reports-Jeep Beats Toyota . In it, www.autoloandaily.com reports that:

Toyota’s defective and out of date designs continues to worsen..

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.autoloandaily.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stop It

Belle River, Canada

#22 Nov 6, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Opinions by millions of people via postcard will never trump scientific data.
The reason I insist on these types of discussions is simply for the fact that you look for a fight, attempt to twist what I say of which is my opinion, and then cleverly try to follow up by changing the subject matter in a failed attempt to prove an irrelevant point, based on my opinion. Look at post number six; this is a perfect example of your folly.
I'll take criticism in stride, given the knowledge that your criticisms and/or expressed opinions doesn't mean you're correct!
In fact, what you contribute to these forums cannot be categorized as "constructive dialog", opinion or not, and in any shape or form.

BTW---"looking for fights" isn't in my DNA, but setting a record straight is, when folks distort or manipulate information to suit their own end---especially when I do set the record straight and then they make excuses by claiming it's just an "opinion".(Sound familiar?)

I did set the record straight in this case. Very clearly.
And if "Millions of people's opinions" mean nothing to you, then how can you expect any credibility at all on those expressed "opinions" of yours?

"Millions of people's opinions" may not be as meaningful in your view, but it's a phenomenon we would all be wise to pay attention to.

End of discussion---in my opinion!
heinz

United States

#23 Nov 6, 2010
JJAGS and GM men Reports-Jeep beats Toyota!

Jeep is an american car? What a joke!

Again, comparing American Lemons to the best in the world......LOL!!!!!!

Look, guys lay off the crack....go take a drug test, and get clean, your minds are a mess!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#24 Nov 6, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take criticism in stride, given the knowledge that your criticisms and/or expressed opinions doesn't mean you're correct!
In fact, what you contribute to these forums cannot be categorized as "constructive dialog", opinion or not, and in any shape or form.
BTW---"looking for fights" isn't in my DNA, but setting a record straight is, when folks distort or manipulate information to suit their own end---especially when I do set the record straight and then they make excuses by claiming it's just an "opinion".(Sound familiar?)
I did set the record straight in this case. Very clearly.
And if "Millions of people's opinions" mean nothing to you, then how can you expect any credibility at all on those expressed "opinions" of yours?
"Millions of people's opinions" may not be as meaningful in your view, but it's a phenomenon we would all be wise to pay attention to.
End of discussion---in my opinion!
I don’t base my purchasing decisions on millions of opinions. You never set the record straight; you simply managed to change the subject. At the end of the day, I still think CR is a rag, and it’s not scientific.
wonc

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Nov 6, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t base my purchasing decisions on millions of opinions. You never set the record straight; you simply managed to change the subject. At the end of the day, I still think CR is a rag, and it’s not scientific.
I agree with ya JJ. CR has been biased for long time. They even told my dad's 1993 Bimmer will be always unreliable. However unlike its claims, my dad ran that sucker more than 180k miles and just replaced right passenger hub bearing. He didn't experience any engine or transmission prolbems. CR also told Explorers are always unreliable. But I see lots of 90's and 00'- 05' Explorers still going strong in my Torrance neighborhood.
heinz

San Francisco, CA

#26 Nov 6, 2010
Hey, check out the Toyota Forum!

Dallas, TX.

#27 Nov 6, 2010
Toyota is screwed.
Dodge the Mess

United States

#28 Nov 7, 2010
The little 4 have been screwed sense the 1970s..........Quality is Job NONE!!!!!!!!!!

We bailed out GM.....Know why? They are truly the worst auto company on earth......No more bailouts, the economy will take GM down.....for good!
Stop It

Belle River, Canada

#29 Nov 7, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>
Think whetever you want JJ, that's your prerogative.
But the reality is one would be very foolish to ignore the opinions of millions of people.
Dodge the Mess

United States

#30 Nov 7, 2010
Jeep=CHEAP!!

Toyota= QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas, TX.

#31 Nov 8, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
Think whetever you want JJ, that's your prerogative.
But the reality is one would be very foolish to ignore the opinions of millions of people.
Those opinions ended up with millions of recalls. Never trust the CR postcard.
Jeep Fan

Nashville, IN

#32 Nov 9, 2010
Does anyone know if the nav system is standard?
Jeep Fan

Nashville, IN

#33 Nov 9, 2010
Dodge the Mess wrote:
Jeep=CHEAP!!
Toyota= QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!
What are you some kind of chump? We love our Jeeps and they are built to last.

Dallas, TX.

#34 Nov 9, 2010
Jeep Fan wrote:
Does anyone know if the nav system is standard?
NO-
Peter

Thebarton, Australia

#35 Nov 9, 2010
wonc wrote:
Again who said that Chrysler vehicles suck? They are more better than cheap looking Toyotas.
I will tell you from experiance Jeep products suck and thets putting it mildly.
American crap.
Rear windows both stopped working both regulators failed no one uses them 50,00k told will need to replace the glass at my expence!!
Has a intermittant engine cut when raining.
Dont like toyota my self but lets be honest here a much better put together car.Ask any mining company!!!!!!!!!
wonc

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Nov 9, 2010
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
American crap.
Rear windows both stopped working both regulators failed no one uses them 50,00k told will need to replace the glass at my expence!!
Dont like toyota my self but lets be honest here a much better put together car.Ask any mining company!!!!!!!!!
It is your own problem. You drove car that has no off road capability, but abused it like that.
Dodge the Mess

United States

#37 Nov 9, 2010
GM, another brand bites the dust....falling like turds in the crapper!

See, guys its a QUALITY issue, its not lies, its not specs.....its QUALIY>>>the little 4 dont have a clue..........

Dallas, TX.

#38 Nov 9, 2010
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
American crap.
Mining companies a do not utilize Toyota’s vehicles, they are too weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Haddam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bashan lake Jun '15 Viktor 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Jun '15 Jermaine Shivers 42
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) May '15 oken 124
News Rep. Ziobron organizes efforts for osprey platf... May '15 WERGHY3 2
lets get vote to tear down swing bridge May '15 KAREN V 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joe Courtney as Representative? (Nov '11) May '15 ZANEY LEX 10
John Breton Apr '15 Filko 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Haddam Mortgages