Romania's ethnic Hungarians march to demand more autonomy

There are 25 comments on the courant.com story from Mar 15, 2013, titled Romania's ethnic Hungarians march to demand more autonomy. In it, courant.com reports that:

Ethnic Hungarian wearing a traditional military uniform salutes with his sword during a Magyar's Day ceremony in Targu Secuiesc TARGU SECUIESC, Romania - Tens of thousands of ethnic Hungarians rallied in central Romania on Friday to mark Hungary's national day, demanding greater autonomy and displaying their community's flag which sparked a ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at courant.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#1 Mar 19, 2013
It´s time to hose these Magayrs down.
CIF

Europe

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Pesky army wrote:
It´s time to hose these Magayrs down.
It's time to hang yourself up, ask freely if any help needed.

“Powered by chillpills”

Since: Mar 12

Dutch Republic

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Is that all you can say for tonight. Just another empty nothing ? Do you think anyone actually cares ? I suggest you do what CIF says above. If you need help, we'll be glad to assist you. You and what army anyway ?
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#4 Mar 23, 2013
Romania was Hungarian in past,right?

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#5 Mar 23, 2013
The Iron Dictator wrote:
Romania was Hungarian in past,right?
Correct, Transylvania was Hungarian for 1100 years, while Wallachia, Moldavia were our vassals at one point.

Also at one point Oltenia belonged to Hungary.
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#6 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, Transylvania was Hungarian for 1100 years, while Wallachia, Moldavia were our vassals at one point.
Also at one point Oltenia belonged to Hungary.
Croatia was control by Hungarians as well.

Opa....Hungary was much bigger in past....what happen?
Severus

Craiova, Romania

#7 Mar 24, 2013
The Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Croatia was control by Hungarians as well.
Opa....Hungary was much bigger in past....what happen?
You should know that Hungary was called The jail of the nations.
Backed by germans, that horde of huns will steal and kill innocent peoples until 1920 , after ww1 an later, in ww2.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Severus wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know that Hungary was called The jail of the nations.
Backed by germans, that horde of huns will steal and kill innocent peoples until 1920 , after ww1 an later, in ww2.
The Prison of Nations, indeed...What a shame on their face and recalling it all the time like there would be something to be proud of..
Backed but they considered themselves persecuted . not able to understand that without german support or balcanic culture they would have been nothing but a very small,backyard people like some lost turkish ppl...They were used all the time as some crazy dogs by the germans and russians.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Mar 24, 2013
backward*

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#10 Mar 24, 2013
You morons, Austtia-Hungary was called the prison of nations. Not Hungary.

And neither the Germans nor the Russians backed us up you dumba55es.

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#11 Mar 24, 2013
And what Balkanic culture Adi? Are you talkijg about Vlachs/rumani?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
And what Balkanic culture Adi? Are you talkijg about Vlachs/rumani?
Then what Hungarian culture? German and some Italian and French you what to say .
And of course they did backed Hungarians, lets be serious. Or they backed Romanians?:P

And of course that there was a Romanian old European culture . Just take your time and study it, if you want to know.

Instead of these useless fights we should post something interesting and usefull for both of us, not provokative stupid replies on both sides .
You could open some new subjects with some hungarian culture, but not with same old intention by making ”war”. I would be glad to read, honestly, and i will open something similar too.
Others could join ...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
You morons, Austtia-Hungary was called the prison of nations. Not Hungary.
And neither the Germans nor the Russians backed us up you dumba55es.
:D Hehe, now kidding a little: if Austro-Hungary was called The Prison of nations , then who were the prisoners? Austria and Hungary?:)))

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#14 Mar 24, 2013
_Adi_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what Hungarian culture? German and some Italian and French you what to say .
And of course they did backed Hungarians, lets be serious. Or they backed Romanians?:P
And of course that there was a Romanian old European culture . Just take your time and study it, if you want to know.
Instead of these useless fights we should post something interesting and usefull for both of us, not provokative stupid replies on both sides .
You could open some new subjects with some hungarian culture, but not with same old intention by making ”war”. I would be glad to read, honestly, and i will open something similar too.
Others could join ...
There is no "Old ROmanian culture", sheep herding is not culture.
And they did not support us. The Austrians supported Avram Iancu, the Austrians and Russians fought against us, several times, etc. So what are you on about?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Who calls A/H a prison of nations?...weren't you (vlachs) helping the GUARDS then in 1848 to defeat the Hungarians when they were trying to escape the prison? You're such an ignorant hypocrite Adi.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Mar 24, 2013
haha, useless people.
Bye :)

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#17 Mar 24, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 24, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
No, of course its not me.
And i dont wear a nazi cross like you, tatooed on my butt.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#19 Mar 24, 2013
bye adi...leave, its a typical reaction when caught up in your own lies and hypocrisy

oh and yes...We did take the BEST from our neighbors...The Renaissance, art and architecture from Italy, the work ethic and industrialization from Germany and so on while keeping our language...this shows our resourcefulness while still maintaining our uniqueness here in Europe.

From Balkan (like you're trying to say some culture from romania)...you didn't exist as a nation until 1859...so what could you give us? Probably Byzantine culture from Greece...but nothing in between

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Szatmari wrote:
bye adi...leave, its a typical reaction when caught up in your own lies and hypocrisy
oh and yes...We did take the BEST from our neighbors...The Renaissance, art and architecture from Italy, the work ethic and industrialization from Germany and so on while keeping our language...this shows our resourcefulness while still maintaining our uniqueness here in Europe.
From Balkan (like you're trying to say some culture from romania)...you didn't exist as a nation until 1859...so what could you give us? Probably Byzantine culture from Greece...but nothing in between
It is clear now that you are american .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Haddam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) 11 hr oken 124
News Rep. Ziobron organizes efforts for osprey platf... May 16 WERGHY3 2
lets get vote to tear down swing bridge May 16 KAREN V 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joe Courtney as Representative? (Nov '11) May 16 ZANEY LEX 10
John Breton Apr '15 Filko 1
casino to west tisbury Feb '15 CASINO WEST TISB... 2
News a What's with all the earthquakes in Connecticut? Jan '15 Paul 1
More from around the web

East Haddam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]