Police officer denies endangering motorist who got frostbite

Full story: TwinCities.com

The second of two Grand Forks police officers to be charged with reckless endangerment has pleaded not guilty.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2008
Tom-Tom

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

As my father-in-law would say, " Ya damn dummy! What the hell are you doing going out undressed like that?" What is the rest of the story? What is considered as use of force? The police aren't the bad guys here...
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

maybe he was undercover for Robbinsdale Police Department.
Connie - Woodbury

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

This speaks to parents who don't teach their kids to survive. My husband and I hardened our kids to the elements early on, teaching them the importance of being prepared for weather emergencies.
jwp617

Nelson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

We are missing the point here. The kid was made to stand outside, after getting out of a car (he was just ridding in) where he did not have a coat on.
The cops should have put him in their car, if there was danger involved.
Poor training and judgement on the cops ?
OR just being moncho cops and showing the world that they have the power to do what they what.?
someone

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Tom-Tom wrote:
As my father-in-law would say, " Ya damn dummy! What the hell are you doing going out undressed like that?" What is the rest of the story? What is considered as use of force? The police aren't the bad guys here...
tom tom, you don't know,know...
susan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Oh yeah it was the mans fault for being a passenger in a car huh
Penny

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

jwp617 wrote:
We are missing the point here. The kid was made to stand outside, after getting out of a car (he was just ridding in) where he did not have a coat on.
The cops should have put him in their car, if there was danger involved.
Poor training and judgement on the cops ?
OR just being moncho cops and showing the world that they have the power to do what they what.?
Exactly right. If he was a passenger why did he have to stand outside? You can bet the cops were dressed nice and warm. And then they both plead not guilty?
Just once in a while it would be nice to hear them say they blew it and made a human mistake. But as long as they think they can do no wrong because they are the law..........
st paul momma

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Tom-Tom wrote:
Oh yeah the police never do anything wrong. We pick the perfect soul to do the job all the time. but what about that applevally cop and his child pron charges. Make you think???
teresa

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Tom-Tom wrote:
yah, they are. they should have let him sit in the squad if they wanted to separate him from his friend.
Unbelievable

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Unfortunately, you can't let people just sit in your car, becouse of liberals fighting the police all the time. By placing somebody in the rear of a police car, they are now considered 'in custody' durring an investigation and thus must be read miranda. this stems from a St. Paul traffic stop on a cold night. That person faught the system and won, therefore you can no longer have people get out of the cold. It increases the scope of the investigation.

Does anybody know what the stop was about? Drugs, DWI, Kdnapped child in the trunk? Osama Bn Laden tapes? Any body?

Or are we once again second guessing the police based on a one paragraph story!

AND 24 YEARS OLD IS NOT A KID!!!! STOP CALLING THEM THAT!!!

And I am not saying that the Officers are not guilty, they are being charged so their must be some validity to the story. But I dont know how ND law works. Mabey the kids stole corn?
Pragmatist

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

I am sure they were letting him sit(stand) out in the cold in the interest of Public Safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Grand Forks Discussions

Search the East Grand Forks Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Debate: Nuclear Power - Oslo, MN (May '11) May '14 Elixz 2
East Grand Forks Cafe 1940's? (Sep '09) Feb '14 Jeff 5
Man sues lab over accuracy of alcohol test (Jan '11) Jan '13 you itch 79
Crystal Sugar workers reject contract 4th time (Dec '12) Dec '12 DENG 1
James Adam Logan (Dec '12) Dec '12 Mom 1
MN Minnesota Primary Election August 10: Will you ... (Aug '10) Apr '12 kayla 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Grand Forks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Grand Forks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••