Middle River man faces charges of pay...

Middle River man faces charges of paying teen for sex

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Middle River man faces charges of paying teen for sex. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Middle River, Minn., man has been accused of paying a 14-year-old girl for sex at an East Grand Forks motel, but the man's lawyer says his client was in another town working with friends when the alleged incident happened.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tall Paul

Hugo, MN

#2 Dec 1, 2009
Will he get his $300 back? Seems like after all that hassle he shouldnt have to pay it.
CH40s

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 1, 2009
yet another sad example of poor parenting. the girl never should have been allowed to contact them through facebook, and the whole thing should have been stopped when the girl was first texting the guy. but of course the parents didnt do any "parenting" and dont care what their daughter is doing on the net or who she is communicating with. the parents are DEFinitely to blame also, and i hope someone makes them realize that, cause apparently they wont realize that themselves.
Fuzzlenutter

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 1, 2009
Yes the little prostitute should be charges as well, but we all know that she won't. Just like all the girls who cry rape and then it's proven that the sex was either consensual or that no sex whatsoever occurred. They all get free rides and it’s pathetic and disgusting...
Red

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Dec 1, 2009
I don't believe a word. She was scared so she went to the hotel.. Get your story straight. First sign of a liar is a story with holes....
And you wonder why

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2009
If only Clueless Klobachar and Acorn Al could have signed her up for some free housing, she would not have had to have gone to a hotel
Peter Poppov

Grimsby, Canada

#7 Dec 1, 2009
Isn't this a longer sentence than he would have got if the girl had of been killed?
Isn't it legal to marry a 14 year old in some states?
Hmmm What would happen in a Libertarian Utopia where children have all of the same rights as adults?
Edmund

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 1, 2009
The girl is guilty of prostitution. I hope she is charged and that both she and her friend are sent to a juvenile facility. They were both old enough to know what they were getting into.

Since: Jun 08

Apple Valley, MN

#10 Dec 1, 2009
Sounds like there are a lot of inconsistencies in her story. Would be nice to know if the guys alibi about being in another location at the time checks out.

Hate to tell reporters how to do their job though.
Get a Grip

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 1, 2009
Now I like my news stories to provide detail of course, but did we really need to explain how much she charged for a "hand job"?

I think we can get the picture without the flowery details......
happyidontlivein detroit

Detroit, MI

#12 Dec 1, 2009
It all sounds crazy
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Yes, this girl should not of, but niether should he and he is the grown man. I personally know who he is, and he is a known womanizer whom cheats on his wife. He has bragged for years how he and his buddy slap hands as they tag team. One time the woman only was willing to have sex with one of them, and when the other was ready to climb on she said no, and had to fight them off as they called her a whore. Right before his most recent wedding one of his mistresses sent a letter informing his bride to be, but he lied and said none of it was true, as a result the marriage took place. His kids are from his first marriage in which that wife left him due to him beating her, this info is all local knowlege and true. Darrin is a known womanizer that has no repsect for wemon. Do not feel sorry for this piece of poo, as if he gets away with this we with friends and daughters need to be on high alert, plus all the rest of you all as he travels/works from here to Roseau to Grandforks, to Arizonia. Any man that would have sex with a 14 yr girl is sick and perverted even if the girl gave consent.
SthMPLS

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 2, 2009
Wow, I've never seen more benefit of the doubt given to a potential child molester. Really guys?

I bet if he were black the comments on this board would change drastically.
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Peter Poppov wrote:
Isn't this a longer sentence than he would have got if the girl had of been killed?
Isn't it legal to marry a 14 year old in some states?
Hmmm What would happen in a Libertarian Utopia where children have all of the same rights as adults?

Sounds like you think having sex with a minor is ok?
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#16 Dec 2, 2009
SthMPLS wrote:
Wow, I've never seen more benefit of the doubt given to a potential child molester. Really guys?
I bet if he were black the comments on this board would change drastically.
Yep-- And if these people knew Darrin personally, they would not give him the bennifit of doubt at all.
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#17 Dec 2, 2009
kecker wrote:
Sounds like there are a lot of inconsistencies in her story. Would be nice to know if the guys alibi about being in another location at the time checks out.
Hate to tell reporters how to do their job though.
He would not have been charge, if he was in another town, and someone else had his cell. The law has already looked at all e-mails and text messages, thats why they charged him, they have already built a solid case.
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#18 Dec 2, 2009
happyidontliveindetroit wrote:
It all sounds crazy
Crazy-- child molesters are listed in the DSM IIIV as having a mental defect
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#19 Dec 2, 2009
Fuzzlenutter wrote:
Yes the little prostitute should be charges as well, but we all know that she won't. Just like all the girls who cry rape and then it's proven that the sex was either consensual or that no sex whatsoever occurred. They all get free rides and it’s pathetic and disgusting...
OMG she is 14, consent does not matter, she is 14, he is a grown man. plus has a wife for that purpose and should not be spend money that should be spent on his family.
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#20 Dec 2, 2009
Red wrote:
I don't believe a word. She was scared so she went to the hotel.. Get your story straight. First sign of a liar is a story with holes....
The storey does not have wholes as most young girls would be scared as they are setting up for paid sex with a stranger,I mean the girl knew her behavior was putting her at risk as Johns are known to beat, mistreat, and murder the ones they hire. That is one reason it is not something for any woman to ever do.
Middle River Local

Roseau, MN

#21 Dec 2, 2009
CH40s wrote:
yet another sad example of poor parenting. the girl never should have been allowed to contact them through facebook, and the whole thing should have been stopped when the girl was first texting the guy. but of course the parents didnt do any "parenting" and dont care what their daughter is doing on the net or who she is communicating with. the parents are DEFinitely to blame also, and i hope someone makes them realize that, cause apparently they wont realize that themselves.
yes computers and phone need to be monitored, but these parents found out some how!! Most Kids out there are not using thier phones to sell themselves. Blaming the parent really is not who shoud be taking the blame, it is the 34 yr old that should get it.

Since: Jun 08

Apple Valley, MN

#22 Dec 3, 2009
So Middle River Local, you got anything to say on this matter?

If so leave a couple posts, at least half a dozen should be enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Grand Forks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man sues lab over accuracy of alcohol test (Jan '11) Jun '16 tdc123 83
News East Grand Forks Man Charged In Somali Restaura... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Parden Pard 6
mary Michelle almendarez the twins (Dec '15) Dec '15 sex buddy 1
Has anyone tried tantra massage? (Dec '14) Feb '15 Cris555 4
News Middle River man sentenced in sex crime (May '11) Aug '14 sad mother 4
East Grand Forks Cafe 1940's? (Sep '09) Feb '14 Jeff 5
News Crystal Sugar workers reject contract 4th time (Dec '12) Dec '12 DENG 1

East Grand Forks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Grand Forks Mortgages