Lawrence teacher faces sex abuse charges

Full story: Newsday 58
A Lawrence High School teacher was arrested Thursday afternoon on charges that he fondled a 16-year-old girl just after he finished tutoring her after school. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike B

Freeport, NY

#1 Apr 19, 2007
It's scary that our children are being sexually abused by the teaches that are supposed to be teaching them right from wrong hang the bastard

“Viet Vet Speaks Out”

Since: Dec 06

Long Beach, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2007
It's scary that our children are being sexually abused by the teaches that are supposed to be teaching them right from wrong hang the bastard
Bob

Washington, DC

#3 Apr 20, 2007
Nothing like hands on tutoring!
PoconoWeeze

Lebanon, PA

#5 Apr 20, 2007
Are all sexual oreditors teachers? Seems that way. Id I had kids I'd home school them. These pigs then get away with it,pull your kids out of a corrupt, rotting system people.
PoconoWeeze

Lebanon, PA

#6 Apr 20, 2007
Mike B wrote:
Hey just cut off his b---s, and let him loose, he'll never bother a kid again.
Chana K

Bronx, NY

#7 Apr 20, 2007
Sexual abuse by priests, teachers, rabbis, etc. have been around for a long time (unfortunately). Only now they are being caught left and right and the electronic media gets the info out faster and to a wider audience.

This guy was also talking to students on MySpace.com last year and was told to stop doing that by school officials. That should have raised a red flag at the school.

My daughter had him as a teacher a few years ago. His wife used to teach in the same school. I heard that they divorced since my daughter left school.
Hmmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#10 Apr 20, 2007
Manny wrote:
16 gives you 20
Actually, most of what these teachers get is a "paid suspension" or "moved into administrative duties" while still getting paid. What the hell is wrong with that picture? They should be investigated immediately and fired if found guilty of doing anything inappropriate.
Nick from Baldwin

Inwood, NY

#11 Apr 20, 2007
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be investigated immediately and fired if found guilty of doing anything inappropriate.
What is that, the NEW forensics? Shouldn't there be an investigation first? Look at what happened with Tawana Brawley's accusations. How about the accusations against the Duke Lacrosse team players? Come on. Give them time to do a thorough investigation first. In the meanwhile, let the individual be assigned to administrative duties. He's not going to go anywhere.
Parent

Freeport, NY

#12 Apr 20, 2007
Thank goodness for the security guard. Otherwise, most wouldn't believe the child and that person might be allowed to remain near kids.

I hope by "administrative duties" you mean that person is not allowed on school grounds. But you can bet that he's still getting a paycheck, even after being caught in the act. Here's to the teacher's unions.
Ban Everything

United States

#13 Apr 20, 2007
Ban Government Schools.
Ban Everything

United States

#14 Apr 20, 2007
Manny wrote:
16 gives you 20
Unless, of course, you happen to be 16.
moses

Inwood, NY

#15 Apr 20, 2007
he stays on administrative duty or possibly will be paid at home until he is convicted......and he will be convicted, lose his certification and be a registered sex offender....it is justice.
Student

Teaneck, NJ

#16 Apr 20, 2007
He was my teacher. Always seemed to be something odd about him, always being extra nice to the girls, touching their faces, pretty much flirting with them. Not only has he made it hard for that one girl, but he has made it difficult for all his students who now have to go through the rest of the year with a substitute.
teacher

East Rockaway, NY

#17 Apr 20, 2007
Is it just me or are the articles every day about teacher sex abusers? Maybe they should follow the example of the Chuch and do something about the problem. The Church cleaned up its act. Where is the public outcry about these teachers being reassigned IN THE SAME SCHOOL AS THE PEOPLE THEY MOLEST. The Teachers Unions are among the worst protectors of these monsters. Why hasnt Laura Ahern made speeches about the behavior of the school administrators and union leaders?
Jerome

Safety Harbor, FL

#18 Apr 20, 2007
Bob wrote:
Nothing like hands on tutoring!
Not even funny fool!
Sam

Safety Harbor, FL

#19 Apr 20, 2007
Manny wrote:
16 gives you 20
This dummy could go on the sex offenders list for a lifetime of reporting where he is at all times. Talk about being stupid!!!!
Ron

Forest Hills, NY

#21 Apr 20, 2007
Ok I have a serious problem with this system. It's not as if it was allegations of him fondling the student. There was an eye witness who brought him and the student to the administration.

What idiot ok'd adminstrative duties for this perv? What is wrong here? He was caught with his hand up the girls dress.

I'm sorry but there is definitely a severe flaw in this system.
Anita Blunt

Malverne, NY

#22 Apr 20, 2007
Manny wrote:
16 gives you 20
what? i dont get it
unknown

Bronx, NY

#23 Apr 20, 2007
i am a sutdent attending lawrence high school and i think this is discusting and giveing lawrence high school a bad rep. i think he shuold be forced to resign and for this girl i hope her the best of luck
tag

Torrington, CT

#24 Apr 20, 2007
noooooo its not true fassos inocent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Letter: Save the Trees 2 hr Joe Krupinski 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 5 hr Bruser 2,348
A dog gets oxygen from the Wyandanch-Wheatley H... (Mar '11) Mon GladToBeOutOfLong... 12
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Mon Bruser 7,924
Former Copiague Restaurant from the 50's or 60's Nov 21 Steve 1
Got kicked from the college need money, selling... Nov 21 Johnny Bots 2
56th Fighter Group Restaurant to Shut Down (Jul '12) Jul '14 John Trickey 8

East Farmingdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Farmingdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Farmingdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:07 am PST

NBC Sports 8:07AM
Anthony Dixon named AFC special teamer of the week
Bleacher Report10:11 AM
How Can Orton Navigate Bills to Playoffs?
NBC Sports10:27 AM
Texans send Mallett to IR, officially add Thad Lewis
NBC Sports11:50 AM
Romo, Cowboys set to play Eagles for NFC East lead - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:00 PM
Emmanuel Acho questionable for Thursday