Discrepencies in certain West Islip PTA budgets?

Posted in the East Farmingdale Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PTA shennanigans

Bronx, NY

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Anyone have any info on the scuttlebut going around about a certain West Islip elementary school PTA Pres and Vice Pres being a little "loose" with the school's PTA funds? Missing receipts, treasury imbalances, etc... Seems like the same VP, and former Pres, also believes she should get some special treatment when it comes to school events (like reserving three rows of seats for her family) and (not) paying for school pictures, etc...
brownie

West Islip, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2013
PTA shennanigans wrote:
Anyone have any info on the scuttlebut going around about a certain West Islip elementary school PTA Pres and Vice Pres being a little "loose" with the school's PTA funds? Missing receipts, treasury imbalances, etc... Seems like the same VP, and former Pres, also believes she should get some special treatment when it comes to school events (like reserving three rows of seats for her family) and (not) paying for school pictures, etc...
oquenock's vice pres makes a ton of math mistakes with pta $. heard its more than 2 grand this yr. don't know about the special treatment thing but i've seen her make a big jerk of herself at her kids sports. a real loudmouth.
Sick of Bitter WB Moms

Bay Shore, NY

#3 Apr 18, 2013
You are a complete disgrace. Can only be compared to a cancer.
What cowards! Bring your concerns
up at the next PTA meeting if you have the guts. If you do, you had better come prepared with proof to back your malicious lies and accusations. Bitter, petty, childish, bullies and liars.
Many nice parents from Westbrook, but a handful of nasty women. Wishing they would have been sent to one of the other schools! Then again, no school deserves to be punished with you horrible people!
sotrue

Bay Shore, NY

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Sick of Bitter WB Moms wrote:
You are a complete disgrace. Can only be compared to a cancer.
What cowards! Bring your concerns
up at the next PTA meeting if you have the guts. If you do, you had better come prepared with proof to back your malicious lies and accusations. Bitter, petty, childish, bullies and liars.
Many nice parents from Westbrook, but a handful of nasty women. Wishing they would have been sent to one of the other schools! Then again, no school deserves to be punished with you horrible people!
Amen
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#5 Apr 18, 2013
if you are going to go around accusing people of embezzling money at least grow a pair of BALLS and accuse them face to face.

Not to throw our treasurer under the bus and have you disgusting excuses for human beings set your sites on her - but we DO have a treasurer who is in charge of the money! She is a CPA and has ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION let everyone know that if you feel that there is a discrepancy or want to see the books YOU CAN SEE THEM! She will show them to you!

REALLY hate to agree with the above post about nasty women but in all honesty we NEVER had these problems before. We always worked out any issues we had like adults not cowardly nasty petty bullies. We dont treat each other like this. Grow up and leave the people who run the PTA ALONE UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF THEIR WRONGDOING. You dont even have one shred of evidence. I suggest you go to the treasurer (I apologize in advance to her for having to deal with scum like you) and express your concerns. Try to act like an adult when you do it if that is possible.
Hmmmmm

West Islip, NY

#6 Apr 18, 2013
How do you all know its a WB mom??? I have met plenty of Oquenock moms who hate the PTA..... Seriously!
Innocent Bystander

West Babylon, NY

#7 Apr 18, 2013
Hat the PTA? Are that not real groups like Al-Qaeda, KKK, Black Panthers, & child molesters to hate? Get a grip nut job!
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2013
not saying it is or isnt just simply saying we never had this hideous and horrible environment before. And yes lots of Oquenock parents may not be thrilled with the PTA but AGAIN NEVER had this kind of problem before and all of this hate and pettiness. For the record plenty of Westbrook parents hated their PTA as well. You are always going to find people who disagree. That is fine. But to get on here and accuse people and defame people with not one shred of evidence - you know you are ashamed of yourself or you would put your name up there and be proud of what you are saying - if you really believed these things were true you would stand up for them AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of bashing peoples names all over the place- instead you are nothing more than a sad sorry cowardly bully. What will you do if you were ever revealed! My guess is you would be HUMILIATED at your pathetic behavior.
Hmmmmm

West Islip, NY

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Very true that not everyone is a fan of their PTA.... However this WB Oquenock crap has got to stop!!! We are one school now. I wonder how You all would feel if the situation had been reversed??
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#10 Apr 18, 2013
well I am sure I would feel like crap with people like you acting this way. But I can tell you one thing - I sure as hell wouldnt be hiding behind a screen-name accusing people of stealing and bashing them all over town. Here is a newsflash - not the way to win friends or make a nice friendly transition. It is cause of people like you we are having such a shit year WHEREVER YOU ARE FROM.

Now lets see if you REALLY are gonna stand up and put your money where your mouth is - GO CHECK THE BOOKS FOR YOURSELF or go crawl back under the rock you live under. I KNOW our treasurer wouldnt stand for any sort of mishandling of funds. I happen to have known her for about 20 years and I know the two you are accusing well also. I would be the FIRST person on your side if they were doing one thing wrong ESPECIALLY STEALING MONEY FROM OUR KIDS - So put on your big girl panties and be a grown up! Get some proof or shut up
Rumors

Queens Village, NY

#11 Apr 18, 2013
I have heard for the longest time that certain individuals took liberties with school pics, year books, front row seating etc. Nothing new there. I would say, however, that accouting "mistakes" in the thousands is a bit of a stretch, so nice try. If you have any doubts you can always ask to see the books or speak to the treasurer.
4th year Oquenock

West Islip, NY

#12 Apr 18, 2013
I'm not a WB mom and I've seen this go on for years in our pta. Stop trying to make this a WB Oquenock thing and face the facts here: a thousand dollars had to be paid this year for a mistake made with last years yearbk. hundreds more dollars were lost on another mistake with the holiday breakfast. That's close to 2 thousand. I'm not saying she puts money in her pocket but why keep allowing the same person to make so many math mistakes? Jessica didn't you ever wonder why nobody ever offers to help you chair the talent show every year? Its cause your a mean nasty woman that nobody likes.
Sick of Bitter WB Moms

Bay Shore, NY

#13 Apr 18, 2013
You are so full of it!
You don't know what you're talking about. The PTA board didn't make any mistakes with the yearbook. The PTA handled that situation with decorum and integrity. Nothing was lost from the holiday breakfast. The committee did not go over budget. The profit wasn't what was projected. Big difference! Guess your accounting experience is basic to none! Jessica had tons of help this year and last. Lies. All lies. Don't worry, if you are 4th year at Oquenock only one more year to go then you can spread your lies and bad attitude at the middle school!! Nasty, Bitter, Coward, Bully. Bring up these complaints at the next PTA meeting if you have the guts. The board of the PTA over the last few years changed the face of the PTA. Every one of those people worked hard for th children.
Wishing this forum had a red pen feature so I could correct all of your grammatical errors. Let me guess, not good at that either?
4th year Oquenock wrote:
I'm not a WB mom and I've seen this go on for years in our pta. Stop trying to make this a WB Oquenock thing and face the facts here: a thousand dollars had to be paid this year for a mistake made with last years yearbk. hundreds more dollars were lost on another mistake with the holiday breakfast. That's close to 2 thousand. I'm not saying she puts money in her pocket but why keep allowing the same person to make so many math mistakes? Jessica didn't you ever wonder why nobody ever offers to help you chair the talent show every year? Its cause your a mean nasty woman that nobody likes.
Hmmmmm

West Islip, NY

#14 Apr 18, 2013
That's funny because we all know the excess PTA money from WB went to pay off the year book debacle when it could have been put to better use for the kids! We are all Oquenock parents now... Maybe you are all the ones who are bitter.... If you wanna bring up WB..... This nastiness never went on there either. Our PTA brought in tons of money and we were an award school. Maybe we should be bitter!
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#15 Apr 18, 2013
4th year Oquenock wrote:
I'm not a WB mom and I've seen this go on for years in our pta. Stop trying to make this a WB Oquenock thing and face the facts here: a thousand dollars had to be paid this year for a mistake made with last years yearbk. hundreds more dollars were lost on another mistake with the holiday breakfast. That's close to 2 thousand. I'm not saying she puts money in her pocket but why keep allowing the same person to make so many math mistakes? Jessica didn't you ever wonder why nobody ever offers to help you chair the talent show every year? Its cause your a mean nasty woman that nobody likes.
Time to get out of high school and live in the adult world. Stop spewing your poison everywhere. Do you think I lose ONE OUNCE OF SLEEP over the fact that pathetic children like YOU dont like me - cause I dont.

FYI I had TONS of help with the variety show. You are just showing how pathetic you are because a real woman and decent mother would HELP OUT just because it is FOR THE KIDS even if you had to put up with HORRIBLE OLD ME.

So sick of you complainers who DO NOTHING but BITCH AND COMPLAIN. Get off your ass and do something good with your time instead of sitting behind your computer screen acting like jackasses and gossiping all over the place. You must live a sad and sorry life if that is all you have to do with your time.
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#16 Apr 18, 2013
And PS The Variety Show made A LOT of money both last year AND this year. Money for OUR kids to enjoy. Go look at the books - which I know you wont because then you will have nothing to gossip about and no reason to go spewing garbage about people all over the place - although I am sure you find another stupid reason to do it as you seem incapable of doing anything else.

You are so full of it that I dont even trust that what your screen name says is the truth as every single thing you have posted is a LIE. You have no idea what goes on because you are too busy being hateful nasty and petty.
Jessica Horvath

Brentwood, NY

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
That's funny because we all know the excess PTA money from WB went to pay off the year book debacle when it could have been put to better use for the kids! We are all Oquenock parents now... Maybe you are all the ones who are bitter.... If you wanna bring up WB..... This nastiness never went on there either. Our PTA brought in tons of money and we were an award school. Maybe we should be bitter!
oh yeah - you are living in a fantasy land if you think the nastiness never went on there. Your meetings were notorious. You have to know the reputation you had. Stop painting it like it was all sunshine and roses because you know you are full of it.

No doubt you made a lot of money and all your events were great so why dont you step up and do something and make some here. They did a great job with bingo but they were the only ones who had the courage to step up and do something.

I hate that you have me stooping to your level right now because it WAS NEVER ABOUT WB vs OQ for me EVER. I spent SO MUCH TIME on the committee to rewrite the bylaws so WB people could be on the board. I spent a lot of time reaching out to everyone I knew from WB to make sure they got their stuff in on time if they wanted to run. I EVEN VOTED FOR ALL THE WB PEOPLE IN THE ELECTIONS THAT DID RUN BECAUSE I FELT THAT WE NEEDED TO HAVE EVERYONE ON BOARD. EVEN WHEN THEY RAN AGAINST GOOD FRIENDS! A LOT OF PEOPLE DID THAT. Maybe you are unaware of that FACT......

Just stop the BS NOW and get a grip so we can have a better year next year. Do your thing for ALL OUR KIDS and make some money for them. STOP acting petty and ridiculous and just do it and dont freakin worry about everyone else.

Honestly it is so pathetic.
Sick of Bitter WB Moms

Bay Shore, NY

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Be bitter because your school achieved success? Is that how you behave? We were proud that one of our schools had improved their scores so much that they were recognized for their efforts! Keep dreaming, there are a handful of former Westbrook parents that are still holding on to their hate and bitterness. Refusing to make this year that is full of adjustment positive & peaceful. They dig out the negative in every event and meeting. Jessica is right we all have heard about your PTA meetings. Vicious and negative. Stop criticizing the parents who ran the yearbook last year. At least they stepped up and donated their time, while you probably do nothing but judge and complain.

Weird how a very small group of people can poison what could have been a great school year. Do you know what's funny? You say that we are all Oquenock parents now but you sure talk like one of those angry and bitter former Westbrook people. Go grab your signs and March down Higbie Lane chanting how much you hate Oquenock. Nobody will care just like last year. Bunch of Johnny-come- latelys. Doing & saying nothing while you had the chance but complaining after all is said and done. Typical behavior of that small few.
Hmmmmm wrote:
That's funny because we all know the excess PTA money from WB went to pay off the year book debacle when it could have been put to better use for the kids! We are all Oquenock parents now... Maybe you are all the ones who are bitter.... If you wanna bring up WB..... This nastiness never went on there either. Our PTA brought in tons of money and we were an award school. Maybe we should be bitter!
Hmmmmm

West Islip, NY

#19 Apr 18, 2013
You know what? I was simply reacting to your negative comments about WB regarding "PTA shenanigans" post. I didn't start this post ...... I don't agree this post should have been written.... Funny how this poster disappeared to defend themselves and only managed to cause negative posts on this thread among everyone. I say we all move on and stop the nonsense!!! I guess mission accomplished for this person who started this thread.
I AGREE

West Islip, NY

#20 Apr 18, 2013
I agree that it's a mission accomplished for the person who started this thread. You might be asking "What was their mission, to start trouble?"
No, actually what I think this person's mission was is to get all of us at eachother's throats by posting as one another because it takes the focus off of what transpired at last night's boe meeting.
I'm not talking about Rick Simon resigning and Bernadette Burns moving up, that's small-potatoe-news compared to what Steve Gellar had to reveal to one of the residents who point blank asked him what was being CUT from the budget this year: For one thing, reinstating the full time elementary school librarians that they promised during the budget presentations---CUT, NOT HAPPENING. Oh, guess what else the elementary students lost? THERE WILL BE ZERO-NONE-NO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CLUBS WHATSOEVER. ALL OF THE ELEMENTARY KIDS IN WEST ISLIP HAVE HAD ALL OF THEIR SCHOOL CLUBS CUT-GONE!
Annmarie Larosa was also questioned by a resident as to why she abstained from voting on the South Shore Children's Center Lease for Westbrook. She looked shocked that someone had the balls to ask her. Watching the color drain from her face was pretty funny. Both Annmarie Larosa and Steve Gellar were downright speechless when a resident asked why all of the other tenants had to pay the school district upfront security deposits but South Shore Children's Center didn't have to pay the district a dime of security. I think their response was "Uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh, I'll get back to you." Top billing of the evening went to another resident who came out and said to the boe what's been on everyone's mind for the past year: "The elementary school kids are bearing the brunt and suffering because one of you put your personal interests first and the other 6 of you are just as bad for going along with it".
Vegas Odds Makers have it as 6-1 that that resident's full commentary will wind up on the cutting room floor and never make it to the boe video post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 3 hr Bruser 7,938
irish mob (Oct '13) 19 hr ClipperHatBoy 31
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
56th Fighter Group Restaurant to Shut Down (Jul '12) Jul '14 John Trickey 8
Neighbors cover their ears over E. Farmingdale ... (Jun '08) May '14 Annoyed 103
FBI to resume digging at E. Farmingdale 'mob ce... (Feb '09) Nov '13 tommy deely 15
More from around the web

East Farmingdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Farmingdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Farmingdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:30 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:30PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Complete Week 17 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 9:08 PM
Complete Preview for Eagles vs. Giants
Bleacher Report 9:41 PM
Breaking Down Eagles' Game Plan vs. Giants
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots: Complete Week 17 Preview for New England
NFL 7:21 AM
LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin yet to win in playoffs