Nassau eyes deer population after increased sightings

Full story: Newsday

Leslie Caronia stopped, dumbfounded, as she and a friend walked along Oyster Bay Road.
Comments
1 - 20 of 81 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
a duh

East Hampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Seriously? It's just a few deer. What if it were bears? People need to chill - they're beautiful animals and they're not doing THAT much harm.
Crabbe

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2008
 
Oh Deer.
MCR

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shoot them and feed them to the homeless - along with a few thousand geese
driver

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 29, 2008
 
a duh wrote:
Seriously? It's just a few deer. What if it were bears? People need to chill - they're beautiful animals and they're not doing THAT much harm.
Or worse, it could be bear calvery
wellitslogical

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2008
 
Deer swim. Deer walk. Deer were in Lloyd Harbor, they walked down 25A to Laurel Hollow. Same school district.
wow

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Deer very dangerous must eliminate then. No need for deer in Nassau county..

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think I'm going hunting this weekend for some fresh bambi meat.
Badtothebone

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

This is what happens when people don't want hunting. The deer on Long Island don't have any preditors and they continue to populate. The same thing applies to people who don't want insect spraying and you have to deal with ticks and mosquitos. Wake up people, you can't have your cake and eat it too, so suck it up. Now all of you people who think "Bambi" is so cute can deal with the situation. Let's see if you sing another tune when your expensive ornamental shrubs get eaten, your kids get tick infested, and your car gets totaled or you go through the windshield. I know what it's like. I hit a deer on Chapman Blvd. in Manorville to the tune of $4000.00 for repairs and had the shrubs eaten around my home. I had to go out and chase the deer away but they always come back. Awwww aren't they cute? Have fun!!
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Take all of the deer and let the aminal rights organization put them in their back yards and let them get the lyme disease or else kill them.
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

See if they hurt their kids the animal rights they would kill them so fast. We should shoot the deer and animal rights people
Percy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 30, 2008
 
My home is just West of Rte 112 and South of the LI expressway . A deer jumped over the fence and ran toward the west three weeks ago.
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

MCR wrote:
Shoot them and feed them to the homeless - along with a few thousand geese
Damn geese are a pain in the as, aren't they?

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 30, 2008
 
Why didn't you shoot it and fire up the BBQ?
mmm

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 30, 2008
 
to control deer go to

http://www.americandogfence.com/geeseanddeerc...

the only sure way to keep deer off your property
a duh

East Hampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Badtothebone wrote:
This is what happens when people don't want hunting. The deer on Long Island don't have any preditors and they continue to populate. The same thing applies to people who don't want insect spraying and you have to deal with ticks and mosquitos. Wake up people, you can't have your cake and eat it too, so suck it up. Now all of you people who think "Bambi" is so cute can deal with the situation. Let's see if you sing another tune when your expensive ornamental shrubs get eaten, your kids get tick infested, and your car gets totaled or you go through the windshield. I know what it's like. I hit a deer on Chapman Blvd. in Manorville to the tune of $4000.00 for repairs and had the shrubs eaten around my home. I had to go out and chase the deer away but they always come back. Awwww aren't they cute? Have fun!!
Big Bad wildlife ruin your day... awwww. I feel really bad for your "expensive ornamental shrubs." Now go ahead and tell me that you live in a McMansion in a new development with curvy roads and no trees so I can REALLY pity you...
jerry in deer park

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

i will hunt them down , and feed my family for months

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 30, 2008
 
Ted Nugent is in town
Gay Ramone

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

a duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Bad wildlife ruin your day... awwww. I feel really bad for your "expensive ornamental shrubs." Now go ahead and tell me that you live in a McMansion in a new development with curvy roads and no trees so I can REALLY pity you...
Let us all pray you hit one and wind up on life support.

Then we can pitty you
rcs

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lets drill for oil where they play
and watch the ecos go crazy!
mercator

Monsey, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

The reporter should go back to school and learn that deer ticks are not solely on deer nor are dog ticks solely on dogs. The ability to get rid of the ticks favorite host (field mice) is probably beyond us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Farmingdale Discussions

Search the East Farmingdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 6 hr cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 6 hr sdd 755
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 7 hr Wake up 669
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 7 hr trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr land of the slaves 6,371
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 11 hr voter 6,366
Support group 16 hr Psychopath free 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Farmingdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Farmingdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

East Farmingdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Farmingdale
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••