Republic Airport bill would stop cons...

Republic Airport bill would stop construction

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 25, 2008, titled Republic Airport bill would stop construction. In it, Newsday reports that:

After taking three months to draft legislation that would require Republic Airport in East Farmingdale to stop expanding until administrators create a master plan, Assem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

bill smith

Bayville, NY

#1 Jan 25, 2008
GOD GET OVER IT, THE AIRPORT WAS THERE BEFORE YOU PEOPLE MOVED IN.. AND HELEN NORGEN NEEDS TO GET A LIFE.. OR MOVE...
jj jr

Chattanooga, TN

#2 Jan 25, 2008
I cannot believe the contruction going on there! One of these days there is going to be a tragic accident with loss of life! The approaches to the field are too crowded with everything from movie houses to resturants to schools to home depot store! Where will the planes land, on 110? Babylon better take control, NOW!
outrage

Stamford, CT

#3 Jan 26, 2008
every think that expanding the airport brings in tax money
sHORT bUS bOB

Bronx, NY

#4 Jan 26, 2008
Don't bother. The Politiciams will cave as soon as they get their payoffs. Then the Airport will do what it wants. Can you spell ISLIP?
EdJ

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 26, 2008
Expanding the airport might bring in more tax money, but, while doing so, it will deteriorate our quality of life even further. Guidelines need to be put in place to assure that further expansion proceeds with the best interests of everyone and everything that will be affected in mind.
Geez

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 27, 2008
Even Islip has a curfew. Republic does not. They are landing private jets there at midnight or after. I understand the argument that the airport was there when u moved in. But, when people moved in they were flying Cessna's out of there. Now there are numerous jets landing there at all hours of the day and night. Let the Dolan's and Wang land there private jets at JFK or LaGuardia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 46 min The Scripture Scr... 8,759
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 1 hr save your souls 2,846
News Developer Jerry Wolkoff seeks discount on Heart... Apr 16 Happy island 20
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Apr 15 Mill Ania 340
Trump Slur Apr 13 Mill Ania 2
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Apr 12 bijohn55 11
News Cops: Man accused of stealing from his Farmingd... Apr 11 Sauerkraut 1

East Farmingdale Jobs

Personal Finance

East Farmingdale Mortgages