Route 110 closed after tractor-traile...

Route 110 closed after tractor-trailer overturns

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Route 110 closed after tractor-trailer overturns. In it, Newsday reports that:

A tractor-trailer overturned in East Farmingdale Saturday, closing down part of Route 110 for several hours, beginning at 5:45 a.m. Police said they expected to reopen the roadway by early afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Get Educated

New York, NY

#1 Jun 13, 2009
How but a little more info in this example of reporting? Any citations, company name, drivers record, etc. How fast was this driver going? Why is the speed limit on 110 55 mph where there is a light every 300 feet? ARRGGG
MrSafety

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 13, 2009
Overloading trucks make them fall over around turns!!
ICE road truckers 101!
hmmm

Spring Valley, NY

#4 Jun 13, 2009
they shouldnt even have trucks or any type of big vechile on that road dont the have road just for trucks ?
Keith

Beacon, NY

#6 Jun 13, 2009
hmmm wrote:
they shouldnt even have trucks or any type of big vechile on that road dont the have road just for trucks ?
Yeah a major Hwy like that shouldnt have trucks? what is wrong with you? How does stuff get to places like Costco Target Walmart? oh I forgot teleported silly me
Diogenes

Mastic, NY

#7 Jun 13, 2009
MrSafety wrote:
Overloading trucks make them fall over around turns!!
ICE road truckers 101!
You might add that at 5:30 A. M. there aren't any truck enforcement officers on duty, so the likelyhood of a overweigt vehicle is probably 100%. I also love the sand trucks riding around these days with 22 wheels on 40 qubic yard semis, why would they need the extra wheels if they were properly loaded. 40 qubic yards of sand probably weighs in excess of the vehicles gross weight limitations without counting the vehicle and trailer. But we shouldn't cause these vehicles to mind the law when it seems nobody does.
Diogenes

Mastic, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2009
Qubic = cubic sorry!
me00o

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 13, 2009
that truck came from Frank Petrone's off ice at town hall in Huntington.

that was the contents of the wrappers from his lunch for a week.

i expect mark cuthbertson to pop his head outta that mess any minute now...
Copper Carl

Jackson, NJ

#12 Jun 13, 2009
I will nail those truckers.
Watchout, boys. Cooper Carl will be
on Rt 110 every day for the rest of
your haulin lives.
Hmmmm

Spring Valley, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2009
Keith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah a major Hwy like that shouldnt have trucks? what is wrong with you? How does stuff get to places like Costco Target Walmart? oh I forgot teleported silly me
what I'm trying to say is that they should have a road just for trucks and oil trucks rte 110 is small for trucks or any type of other big vechile let just say making the road safer for others they do have in certain area(ROADS) where trucks and others type of vechile can go only DUUUH have you ever though of that
So Confused

Franklin Square, NY

#14 Jun 13, 2009
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
what I'm trying to say is that they should have a road just for trucks and oil trucks rte 110 is small for trucks or any type of other big vechile let just say making the road safer for others they do have in certain area(ROADS) where trucks and others type of vechile can go only DUUUH have you ever though of that
And that will get paid for how?
White_Knuckler

Butler, NJ

#15 Jun 13, 2009
Overloaded? Top-heavy? What?
FELLOW LIer

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jun 13, 2009
Do you even know the area??? Where on EARTH are they going to put such a road?!?! Route 110 is a main route through a major INDUSTRIAL area...there are a lot of cars on that road too, because so many people work there...as well as use it go to go north or south areas of the island.

And by the way, they DO have roads 'just for passenger cars'...they are called parkways. Traffic from this accident was, at one point, backed up all the way to the southern state parkway.
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary

Detroit, MI

#17 Jun 13, 2009
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
This is obviously someone that has no idea what that area is like. There is no place anywhere near there that another road can be built. Rt 110 is probably one of the busiest roads on Long Island and it is one of the most congested regions of the Island
Hmmm

Spring Valley, NY

#18 Jun 13, 2009
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
This is obviously someone that has no idea what that area is like. There is no place anywhere near there that another road can be built. Rt 110 is probably one of the busiest roads on Long Island and it is one of the most congested regions of the Island

wanna bet I happen to live pretty close to that area I know route 110 trucks shouldnt be allowed they should have their own road ways
Hmmm

Spring Valley, NY

#19 Jun 13, 2009
FELLOW LIer wrote:
Do you even know the area??? Where on EARTH are they going to put such a road?!?! Route 110 is a main route through a major INDUSTRIAL area...there are a lot of cars on that road too, because so many people work there...as well as use it go to go north or south areas of the island.
And by the way, they DO have roads 'just for passenger cars'...they are called parkways. Traffic from this accident was, at one point, backed up all the way to the southern state parkway.
<quoted text>
yup I happen to know the area and live pretty close by all I'm saying is the trucks should have their own roads not take the 110 rte too small isnt it
Mike

Florham Park, NJ

#20 Jun 13, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
yup I happen to know the area and live pretty close by all I'm saying is the trucks should have their own roads not take the 110 rte too small isnt it
Yeah, 110 is way too small for trucks, just 6 lanes, very tiny. We should all chip in and build an elevated highway running on top of 110, just for trucks. Is that what you had in mind?
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jun 13, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, 110 is way too small for trucks, just 6 lanes, very tiny. We should all chip in and build an elevated highway running on top of 110, just for trucks. Is that what you had in mind?
You forgot to mention the left and right turning lanes in addition to the six traffic lanes. Seems like more than the LIE, but then again, people don't know how to drive on that either.
FELLOW LIer

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jun 14, 2009
if route 110 is too small, where do you propose to put a larger road? i don't care what you say, if you think 110 is a small road, you don't know it very well at all.

and you still didn't solve the issue of where to put it. maybe bulldoze the college or the cemetery? there is no place to PUT a larger road there. unless you, the local who knows all, knows someplace better...
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
AmericanVet

Orlando, FL

#23 Jun 14, 2009
hmmm wrote:
I doubt the road made the truck turn over. How about operator error?
Hmmmmm

Queens Village, NY

#24 Jun 14, 2009
I think all trucks should be helicoptered over the roadways.

But don't make to much noise cause it scares my cats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 14 hr Bruser 2,796
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Nov 11 Bruser 8,617
News Iraq veteran says fall in LIRR gap ruined his h... (May '08) Nov 10 Colluu 90
dr. g p furman Nov 9 EHernigleIII 2
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Nov 7 andi 85
News LIPA plans to adopt new rule on solar power com... Nov 5 Solarman 1
News Hempstead town hit with racketeering lawsuit (Aug '07) Nov 2 POP 84

East Farmingdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Farmingdale Mortgages