D.A. Kathleen Rice: Work Full-Time Or Leave

Full story: Wcbstv.com

Kathleen Whelan of Bellmore worked for 17 years at the Nassau County District Attorney's Office until this week, when she had to resign because her boss -- District Attorney Kathleen Rice -- is enforcing a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of109
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Donna Sorbera

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 28, 2006
 

Judged:

1

I believe that D.A. Rice is totally out of control. Dedicated employees, having to resign because of her inability to work full-time, that is not fair. My thoughts are that D.A. Rice has a grudge against employees who were dedicated and loyal to Dennis Dillon. She wants her own people in there and will do anything to get that. She portrays herself as a bitter unhappy person. Maybe she should look back on Dillon's days in the DA, and try to be a bit more like him, and maybe then, and only then will she accomplish what she is after. D.A. RICE, you need to get a life!!!

Donna Sorbera
Billy Luke

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2006
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Are you serious? D.A. Rice is totally in control, taxpeyers deserve to get what they're paying for, and that's full-time employees. Yes, it affects women, but women can't have it both ways. These are tough decisions that each individual has to make. Working at home, or a working professionally in a career. Unfortunately, rules have slackened to the point of ridiculousness, everyone is politically correct and afraid to speak their minds, but NOT Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice.

SHE works full time, so why shouldn't employees in one of the most populous counties in the country do the same? She made the tough decision to be a public servant at the expense of marriage, motherhood, and a host of other options to be sure.

Furthermore, the last time I checked the county was in financial trouble. This decision will help the county from a financial standpoint. Yes, this is a tough decision but it is the correct one.

Power to D.A. Rice - I applaud her, she's a winner!
Jackie Doe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 6, 2006
 
Billy Luke wrote:
Are you serious? D.A. Rice is totally in control, taxpeyers deserve to get what they're paying for, and that's full-time employees. Yes, it affects women, but women can't have it both ways. These are tough decisions that each individual has to make. Working at home, or a working professionally in a career. Unfortunately, rules have slackened to the point of ridiculousness, everyone is politically correct and afraid to speak their minds, but NOT Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice.
SHE works full time, so why shouldn't employees in one of the most populous counties in the country do the same? She made the tough decision to be a public servant at the expense of marriage, motherhood, and a host of other options to be sure.
Furthermore, the last time I checked the county was in financial trouble. This decision will help the county from a financial standpoint. Yes, this is a tough decision but it is the correct one.
Power to D.A. Rice - I applaud her, she's a winner!
Yes, Kathleen Rice has sacrificed marriage and motherhood to work full time. How many MEN have had to do the same? Not many. Most are able to enjoy their families without sacrificing their careers, mostly because women still do the bulk of the child rearing and household chores, even when they have full time jobs. Perhaps if more husbands and fathers did their share there would be fewer women looking for part time work.
Billy Glover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 12, 2006
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Ever try to file a criminal complaint with Kathleen Rice's office? It will never be seen or read by Rice or laken seriuos. After filling out numorous complaints stating in writing that a 90 year old with dementia and alzheimers was being forced to pick her own jury at a Supreme Court trial , Kathleen Rice's office refused to investigate and even laughed at the complaint that stated that Judge Franco TORTURED and FORCED the woman Jane A. Shelley by not allowing her to go the the bathroom and then restrained her with court guards to sit in her own feces for up to six hours while FORCING HER TO PICK HER OWN JURY !!!!
Kathleen Rice is a joke. The woman Jane A. Shelley and her representatives could not even get a meeting - or a letter - or any kind of protection for the victom that had to suffer the cruel, twisted, sick antics of Judge Franco.
No punishment - no accountablity - no protection !!!! DA Rice DOES NOT CARE !!!
The judge Franco got 100% protection from DA Rice's office!!!! It only shows you that Rice is a corrupt dishonest person that will never hold any judge or bad lawyer accountable for thier actions.
Our elderly parents, rape victims and our kids who get mollested by society's filth are being punished by Kathleen Rice's office.
Even more disturbing is the recent lawsuit filed against Rice by an associate that claims that she smokes dope!
If I knew that DA Kathleen Rice has a drug addiction I would never have voted for her in a million years. Nor would friends and family have voted for her. She is a disgrace to society.
Maybe she should pick up a couple of law books, read a few civil rights law books and STOP SMOKING DOPE IN THE BASEMENT OF THE DA'S OFFICE AND LISTENING TO THOSE DAMN CHEECH & CHONG RECORDS !!
KATHEEN RICE IS NO BETTER THAN A CHILD MOLLESTER - SHE SHOULD QUIT BEFORE THE NEXT LAWSUIT HITS HER OFFICE !!!!
Sue

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 1, 2006
 

Judged:

1

I feel what Kathleen Rice is doing with the dwi's is unfair given the situation of the cicumstances of the case. Yes I do feel if you have killed someone while driving drunk you should go to jail but I dont feel you should go to jail for drunk driving. I feel you should go to an in-patient facilty to get help to have you learn the possibilities of drunk driving.Teach these kids don't harm them, they are kids who need to learn not get hurt in jail. Why put these young kids behind bars to punish them and hurt them why not help them, in jail they will have irreversible damage for the rest of their lives, so that's helping them I don't think so thats damaging them further in my opinion. I also feel if Katheen Rice was a mother as I am she would see this differently. I see in the other postings she said she gave up marriage and children to become a full time worker, so what does that mean a part time worker (Mom) can't do her job cause shes not at work full time thats insane, As far as todays society goes, we need to have 2 parents working to support ourselves and pay the extremely high nassau county taxes. As Billy Luke writes woman can't have it both ways. Says who you Billy!!! You are just a man and probably a scorn one at that.
keith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 13, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Yes, you should go to jail for drunk driving. It is incredibly stupid to think that it is less of a crime to drive drunk simply because you haven't killed anyone YET. You say KR doesn't understand because she doesn't have kids. I say you don't understand because you've never had to look into the eyes of a dying family member while the drunk who killed them sets in his smashed pile of junk moaning "my car! my car!"

2 parents do NOT have to work. If you don't make enough money, make you husband get a degree or a better job before you start having kids that you can't afford to support. The children need a stay-at-home mother far more than you need a nice car or fancy house. Modern day priorities are so screwed up. We bought into the two worker lye too for a little while. My oldest child's insecurity is primarily due to the fact that we shipped him off to the daycare or babysitter's house each day so my wife could be a manager at Wally-Mart. Know this, when you do this, you are communicating loud and clear that YOU don't have time for them, but the babysitter does. If your taxes are to high, the solution is simple, MOVE!
Bob

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 6, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

kathalene rice is filling the jail because it is a money maker for the county.Its only a matter of time before it catches up with her.
Thomas Weinhelm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 22, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Kathleen Rice is out of control. She is filling her office with backlogs of erroneous cases. She refuses to plea-bargain on minor offenses. For example, recently a young black man, his friend and girlfriend whom is white were racially attacked by a group of white men in Ocean city, L.I.; the black man was arrested and jailed for a month, while the white perps walked. Fortunately, the victim has since been released, other arrest are expected and the case is still pending. She is accused by some of being a closet bigot according to sources.
Bob

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 13, 2007
 
Everyone in that D.A.'s office eats Rice
Delfon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 21, 2007
 
Kathleen Rice is on overkill when it comes to drinking and driving. She doesn't have a husband or children at her age and doesn't understand that a mistake of a .08 level can destroy somewone's life. Because of her strict law, 1 in 125 are arrested for DUI. When it goes down to 1 to 90, things will surely change. A .08 can be as simple as 2 drinks. As we know, every single day there is a party, wedding, christening etc. etc. Liquor has been around since time began. You know you are all guilty at one time or another. Unfortunately it is a way of life at times for our whole population. The strict laws like this are most for the innocent who have made a one time mistake. The guilty drinkers are there and will always be there. The best way to enforce her laws are to make alchohol Illegal. We know this isn't going to happen because of the incredible revenue it creates. Anyone who isn't financially secure will be destroyed for life. It will always be on their record. It will be difficult to get a job, etc. etc. That's how thieves and criminals are created. In conclusion. My recommendation is first time offenders get their licence suspended for a full month. In out country where driving is a neccessity, this punishment is as harsh as it should get. Try it for yourselves and you will see. It's time to let Kathleen Rice take a walk, find someone, have a family and maybe if her husband or child has an unfortunate incident, she will see the light and ask for forgiveness. I'm hoping that she herself reads these articles. She is turning Nassau into a Police State and it's citizens are allowing it. Good Luck !!
kath

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 22, 2007
 
I know for a fact that she sets up a computer scam and drags innocent people to jail for no good reason well I don't like it one bit, and other thing I stop shopping in LONG ISLAND malls I wouldn't go to a mall there if it was the last mall on earth or anywere in long island.
well if she keeps this up with filling up the jails god is going to punish her I hope she wakes up fast she is doing more harm then good and I have no idea how she even got she be in office...lol. what a joke well anyway some one wants to write about her and her bad habits so I hope she does the right thing she is to young for gray hairs.
kath

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 30, 2007
 
no one said anything about RICE A RONI...LOL.
that is good no one is giving paying her no mine good I'm glad.
sam

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 5, 2007
 
How do we get her out of office???

If she's on DRUGS herself, don't they do drug tests or is she exempt???
clam

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 22, 2008
 
the balance of power has shifted from the people to the cops and the court i should know i had a trial and 95 percent were lies both by the cop and witiness they got together and made up a story and suprised me with the biggest sin i ever saw committed i thought you can get a fair trial but she made it so you cant on a dwi the cop that was hurt on the lie was her fault because she has cops pulling people over for nothing the person would have been impaired a year ago shes not a human shes just lacking something shes embarresed to say what it is she takes the heart out of people because she dosent have one of her own she could never walk into a place of worship god wouldnt want her there2578
tom

La Jolla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow, I can't believe how many people are so much in love with their right to drink that they just can't separate it from their right to drive. Go ahead drink and make all of the stupid decisions that come with drinking. Just don't get behind the wheel of a car. Not even after one drink. You don't have the right do endanger others because you made a bad decision again while drinking! Anyone getting on the DA's case because she will not tolerate the gall of those who chose willingly to drink and drive should really pick your battles better. She's right and if you sober up and take notice you just might agree with her.
Mr Rosenberg

Lincoln Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Kathleen rice is a spoiled brat from Garden City who is not in touch with reality. We need to get rid of her ASAP, she has not done one thing to benefit the people of Long Island!!!!

“I am Man's Son”

Since: Nov 08

Death Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sue wrote:
I feel what Kathleen Rice is doing with the dwi's is unfair given the situation of the cicumstances of the case. Yes I do feel if you have killed someone while driving drunk you should go to jail but I dont feel you should go to jail for drunk driving. I feel you should go to an in-patient facilty to get help to have you learn the possibilities of drunk driving.Teach these kids don't harm them, they are kids who need to learn not get hurt in jail. Why put these young kids behind bars to punish them and hurt them why not help them, in jail they will have irreversible damage for the rest of their lives, so that's helping them I don't think so thats damaging them further in my opinion. I also feel if Katheen Rice was a mother as I am she would see this differently. I see in the other postings she said she gave up marriage and children to become a full time worker, so what does that mean a part time worker (Mom) can't do her job cause shes not at work full time thats insane, As far as todays society goes, we need to have 2 parents working to support ourselves and pay the extremely high nassau county taxes. As Billy Luke writes woman can't have it both ways. Says who you Billy!!! You are just a man and probably a scorn one at that.
You are out of your mind. These spoiled brats on Long Island NEED JAIL to teach them that drinking and driving is a SERIOUS OFFENSE.

I can name about 50 people I have met since moving here in 2001 that have MULTIPLE arrests for drinking and driving.

These idiots are not only risking their own lives but the lives of others.

THEY ALL BELONG IN JAIL. In this county of you have the money and the representation you get away with murder.

I for one think Kathleen Rice is doing an excellent job waging war on drunk driving. I only wish this county and this legal system wasn't based on dollars and cents.

Justice may be blind but it knows what money is for.

“I am Man's Son”

Since: Nov 08

Death Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Nov 19, 2008
 
Delfon wrote:
Kathleen Rice is on overkill when it comes to drinking and driving. She doesn't have a husband or children at her age and doesn't understand that a mistake of a .08 level can destroy somewone's life. Because of her strict law, 1 in 125 are arrested for DUI. When it goes down to 1 to 90, things will surely change. A .08 can be as simple as 2 drinks. As we know, every single day there is a party, wedding, christening etc. etc. Liquor has been around since time began. You know you are all guilty at one time or another. Unfortunately it is a way of life at times for our whole population. The strict laws like this are most for the innocent who have made a one time mistake. The guilty drinkers are there and will always be there. The best way to enforce her laws are to make alchohol Illegal. We know this isn't going to happen because of the incredible revenue it creates. Anyone who isn't financially secure will be destroyed for life. It will always be on their record. It will be difficult to get a job, etc. etc. That's how thieves and criminals are created. In conclusion. My recommendation is first time offenders get their licence suspended for a full month. In out country where driving is a neccessity, this punishment is as harsh as it should get. Try it for yourselves and you will see. It's time to let Kathleen Rice take a walk, find someone, have a family and maybe if her husband or child has an unfortunate incident, she will see the light and ask for forgiveness. I'm hoping that she herself reads these articles. She is turning Nassau into a Police State and it's citizens are allowing it. Good Luck !!
Okay so you say first offenders get suspended license for 30 days...

Lots of good that does when the idiots just go out and drive with suspended licenses.

People don't cower from slaps on the wrists.

I say 30 days in the bing plus 5,000 dollar fines would definitely be a deterrent.

2 strikes equals 6 months behind bars.

3 strikes equals 1 year upstate.

Each penalty should have a hefty fine plus mandatory civil forfeiture of you vehicle.

That should teach them.

“I am Man's Son”

Since: Nov 08

Death Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

kath wrote:
I know for a fact that she sets up a computer scam and drags innocent people to jail for no good reason well I don't like it one bit, and other thing I stop shopping in LONG ISLAND malls I wouldn't go to a mall there if it was the last mall on earth or anywere in long island.
well if she keeps this up with filling up the jails god is going to punish her I hope she wakes up fast she is doing more harm then good and I have no idea how she even got she be in office...lol. what a joke well anyway some one wants to write about her and her bad habits so I hope she does the right thing she is to young for gray hairs.
What are you babbling about.

Can you substantiate any of your allegations?

You hardly even speak English for crying out loud.

“I am Man's Son”

Since: Nov 08

Death Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 19, 2008
 
clam wrote:
the balance of power has shifted from the people to the cops and the court i should know i had a trial and 95 percent were lies both by the cop and witiness they got together and made up a story and suprised me with the biggest sin i ever saw committed i thought you can get a fair trial but she made it so you cant on a dwi the cop that was hurt on the lie was her fault because she has cops pulling people over for nothing the person would have been impaired a year ago shes not a human shes just lacking something shes embarresed to say what it is she takes the heart out of people because she dosent have one of her own she could never walk into a place of worship god wouldnt want her there2578
Do you have any idea what punctuation is?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of109
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Farmingdale Discussions

Search the East Farmingdale Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto? (Mar '10) 12 min russiangal 679
Review: Beefsteak Charlie's (Mar '09) 1 hr Sheri Kisselbach 102
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 6 hr marvinstevens 16,761
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 11 hr Bruser 7,854
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 11 hr Bruser 2,246
Review: Maxy Nails 13 hr Michele 3
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) 23 hr Kamala Martucci 111
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Farmingdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Farmingdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

East Farmingdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Farmingdale
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••