Cutting of pastor's role called 'vind...

Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

There are 8619 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 21, 2008, titled Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'. In it, Newsday reports that:

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#7857 Jun 21, 2012
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
WHG, in the future you and Toni, can reach Msgr Jim at
Contact Info:
[email protected]
I had sent many emails there, the screener I believe(if she is still doing it) is Angela, so you can send your well wishes directly to him there.
Dominus Vobiscum
Thanks Bruser. Toni has his cell number and called to wish him a Happy 60th Birthday. At least it seems like prayers are working and Anthony thankfully has calmed down, stopping with the rages and profanity.
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7858 Jun 21, 2012
WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Bruser. Toni has his cell number and called to wish him a Happy 60th Birthday. At least it seems like prayers are working and Anthony thankfully has calmed down, stopping with the rages and profanity.
Amen1
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7859 Jun 21, 2012
Today bring to Me the Souls who especially venerate and glorify My Mercy*,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls sorrowed most over my Passion and entered most deeply into My spirit. They are living images of My Compassionate Heart. These souls will shine with a special brightness in the next life. Not one of them will go into the fire of hell. I shall particularly defend each one of them at the hour of death.

Most Merciful Jesus, whose Heart is Love Itself, receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who particularly extol and venerate the greatness of Your mercy. These souls are mighty with the very power of God Himself. In the midst of all afflictions and adversities they go forward, confident of Your mercy; and united to You, O Jesus, they carry all mankind on their shoulders. These souls will not be judged severely, but Your mercy will embrace them as they depart from this life.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls who glorify and venerate Your greatest attribute, that of Your fathomless mercy, and who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls are a living Gospel; their hands are full of deeds of mercy, and their hearts, overflowing with joy, sing a canticle of mercy to You, O Most High! I beg You O God:

Show them Your mercy according to the hope and trust they have placed in You. Let there be accomplished in them the promise of Jesus, who said to them that during their life, but especially at the hour of death, the souls who will venerate this fathomless mercy of His, He, Himself, will defend as His glory. Amen.

*The text leads one to conclude that in the first prayer directed to Jesus, Who is the Redeemer, it is "victim" souls and contemplatives that are being prayed for; those persons, that is, that voluntarily offered themselves to God for the salvation of their neighbor (see Col 1:24; 2 Cor 4:12). This explains their close union with the Savior and the extraordinary efficacy that their invisible activity has for others. In the second prayer, directed to the Father from whom comes "every worthwhile gift and every genuine benefit,"we recommend the "active" souls, who promote devotion to The Divine Mercy and exercise with it all the other works that lend themselves to the spiritual and material uplifting of their brethren.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7860 Jun 21, 2012
Silent no more! All of you catholics, listen to what the Pope's and Saints say about being "Silent"

Frank

White Plains, NY

#7861 Jun 22, 2012
Bruser wrote:
Silent no more! All of you catholics, listen to what the Pope's and Saints say about being "Silent"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m4fokYG7h0UXX
Oh Boy Bruser! This fellow has the guts to challenge like no other. The systemic evil of cover ups and news black- outs on the molestation and rape charges is staggering. I used to have great respect for bill Donahue of the "catholic league" but with his recent parsing of his defense of the child molesters in the church has really been sad. He called the victims"cry babies."

As you are probably well aware of' the jury is deadlocked on the magr. Lynn case in Philly. This man re assigned pedophiles for bevelaqua as recently as 2008.

We need a "catholic spring". In our church But as you know all too well' catholics go along to get along.
No one is ever held to accountability especially in this diocese.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7862 Jun 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Boy Bruser! This fellow has the guts to challenge like no other. The systemic evil of cover ups and news black- outs on the molestation and rape charges is staggering. I used to have great respect for bill Donahue of the "catholic league" but with his recent parsing of his defense of the child molesters in the church has really been sad. He called the victims"cry babies."
As you are probably well aware of' the jury is deadlocked on the magr. Lynn case in Philly. This man re assigned pedophiles for bevelaqua as recently as 2008.
We need a "catholic spring". In our church But as you know all too well' catholics go along to get along.
Looks like you're all twisted again over the pedophilia thing, Frank. Can't understand your obsession with it. And don't particularly care. Maybe you'll find someone at the SNAP meetings who gives a s*** about it.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7863 Jun 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. You know that Toni Pom Poms birthday wishes hit a weird nerve in Anthony. Makes no logical sense for all the aftermath and hatred for Bruser. There's a story behind Anthony and this uncontainable
Anger and ignorance. Truly unbelievable how this man lives a double life. Is that what he is railing about?
He might be contented to take msgr. Jim's advice this past Sunday and come out and live an authentic life
God loves all his children even those who are born differently. He attacks everyone here for being homophobic-
We not-- we empathize with those who suffer under the burden of homosexuality.
Ever the a***ole, Frank. And still obsessed with homosexuality. You really should see someone about it. You know, for your own mental health.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7864 Jun 22, 2012
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite agree Frank. I have noticed that he has not posted on the other blogs also, and hope that either he has taken charge of his child that was posting under his name, or that "Itchy Watch" has finally seen the errors of his rants, particularly of those with whom he had no reason to attack. The other reason may be that he is on vacation, and because school is finished, he has taken his children with them. In either case, I fully agree that those that are beset with Homosexual tendencies, were given a temptation as a trial, just as we all have our own trials within us, that we must conquer. As St. Paul says, "we must all work out our own salvation" meaning fighting our own attacks by the evil one.
I have may times a day doubted my own faithfulness, and had found solace in reading St. Padre Pio biography, in which he bemoans that he had several times a day doubted his own faith.
If one such as he can have those attacks by the Devil, who are we to believe that we will not face challenges every day , and must be vigil to fight against those challenges with "the full armor of
GOD (eph. 6:11). Also , as the tongue is the smallest member of your body, it is the hardest to control.
Praying that the answer to our prayers in Anthony have been answered and he has taken a good look at what he has exposed himself in his posts as.
Dominus Vobiscum
So much time and energy put into your daily round of mental masturbation, Itchy. You really should trying doing something useful instead.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7865 Jun 22, 2012
Bruser wrote:
Michigan has "Rainbow Day"??? and pays for the Rainbow flags. The use of the rainbow flag by the Homosexual movement is offensive and insulting:
Michael Voris is "right on the money"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Ever the homophobe, Itchy. And still obsessed with homosexuality. You're a perfect example of what's wrong with the Catholic church: obsession with human sexuality. Pitiful. Pathetic.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7866 Jun 22, 2012
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
WHG, in the future you and Toni, can reach Msgr Jim at
Contact Info:
[email protected]
I had sent many emails there, the screener I believe(if she is still doing it) is Angela, so you can send your well wishes directly to him there.
Dominus Vobiscum
Actually, Itchy, all of your emails were deleted. The good Monsignor recognizes the lunatic fringe when he sees it.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7867 Jun 22, 2012
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks , if you back read on this blog, you will notice where the information about "Anthony" came from, which is the first fallacy
from this child, who was bantering with another poster, and called him by his first name. So this child is so incipient, that he/she fails to realize that what was written is there for everyone to read and verify. Now that is the actions of a CHILD, not a grown up man. So unlike Msgr Jim's bulletin this week, and his homily on love and kindness. I wonder what Msgr thinks when he reads "Itchy Watch" posts? Did you folks read msgr Jim's prayer for fathers?
So unlike the rantings of "Itchy Watch" the father. No I am still of the opinion that it is one of Anthony's children, or I would hope so, as if it is Anthony himself, then it would be a case of self hate, that Frank has brought out.
Frank, I do not believe that our posts here can help him any, just our Prayers to our Lord, alone or in a group prayer.
"Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am among them" Mathew 18:20. I know it is hard to ignore his/her rants,
from this ODD child, but that will be the challenge, to not give in to their outrageous posts, and anger within.
Dominus Vobiscum
Delusion and fantasy, Itchy. You're now denying your involvement. And quoting Monsignor's bulletin? That's a 180 from when you spent day after day after day trashing him in this very blog...and even starting another just for that purpose (you do remember "Is it right for a new pastor to attack his parish?", don't you, Itchy?) For someone who professes to be a Christian, you are an incredible hypocrite.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#7868 Jun 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The truth can be painful Anthony. And yes, the rape and molestation of children by clergy does anger me. You seem to have no problem with these behaviors?? That's the reason why I'm am praying for you. " you can't possibly be that stupid-- can you princess?"
AHH! But like the silly little twisted "man" you are, your empty life leads you back to this thread to make you feel
Like a "big Man". Sorry Anthony, try another tack. You're failing miserably and broadcasting to everyone your
Inability to accept you've been outed and are being watched. Very closely...
But much to your chagrin, we are still praying for a full recovery for you.
Hope you were gracious and under control today with your son and daughters.
You really shouldn't drink while you're posting, Frank. Incoherent, rambling, and loaded with errors (and you claim to have attended a Catholic High School?). But worst of all, you get even more twisted about the pedophilia thing. Maybe you'll find someone at the SNAP meeting who will give a s*** about your outrage.

Very, very disturbing, Frank, that you know so much about Anthony's personal life (obsessed, one might say). And you don't even belong to the parish. Maybe the authorities should be informed about your over-the-top stalking of Anthony.
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7869 Jun 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Boy Bruser! This fellow has the guts to challenge like no other. The systemic evil of cover ups and news black- outs on the molestation and rape charges is staggering. I used to have great respect for bill Donahue of the "catholic league" but with his recent parsing of his defense of the child molesters in the church has really been sad. He called the victims"cry babies."
As you are probably well aware of' the jury is deadlocked on the msr. Lynn case in Philly. This man re assigned pedophiles for bevelaqua as recently as 2008.
Yes Frank , that is why I love his"Vortex" talks, he hits the nail on the head, and is trying to bring the truth to those like "Itchy Watch", who is back ranting and raving with renewed vigor. Unfortunately he is not yet healed, and ignoring his rants is the only way to deal with him, plus fervent prayers.
I will keep posting Michael's Vortex .
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7870 Jun 22, 2012
Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusion and fantasy, Itchy. You're now denying your involvement. And quoting Monsignor's bulletin? That's a 180 from when you spent day after day after day trashing him in this very blog...and even starting another just for that purpose (you do remember "Is it right for a new pastor to attack his parish?", don't you, Itchy?) For someone who professes to be a Christian, you are an incredible hypocrite.
<IGNORE FALSE CATHOLIC>
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7871 Jun 22, 2012
Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Itchy, all of your emails were deleted. The good Monsignor recognizes the lunatic fringe when he sees it.
<IGNORE FALSE CATHOLIC>
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7872 Jun 22, 2012
Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever the homophobe, Itchy. And still obsessed with homosexuality. You're a perfect example of what's wrong with the Catholic church: obsession with human sexuality. Pitiful. Pathetic.
<IGNORE FALSE CATHOLIC>
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7873 Jun 22, 2012
Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
So much time and energy put into your daily round of mental masturbation, Itchy. You really should trying doing something useful instead.
<IGNORE FALSE CATHOLIC>
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#7876 Jun 23, 2012
The Catholics are coming, the Catholics are coming!

http://churchmilitanttv.blogspot.com/2012/06/...
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#7877 Jun 23, 2012
Frank wrote:
Frank, how Anthony the EM can mock people who were sexually abused by pedophile priests (SNAP)
Is sick, He's probably not even aware of Msgr, Lynn's conviction for moving those pedophiles to other parishes so they could abuse other kids, All Anthony the EM is worried about is spending time with his crush Msgr, Jim.
As if Jim REALLY thinks of him as a good friend!! Lol. To Jim he"s just another fan, another hangeroner. And as we know, Jim will give Anthony jobs or tasks to appease him, Toni Pom Pom said she will ask for his name to be read in the Prayer of the Faithful tomorrow at her church in light of his continued rage, profanity, and mocking of abused victims. He is in need of healing, but I sometimes wonder if he"s a lost cause-He's like the middle school kids who were bullying the school bus matron. They apologized only because they were made to look like the fools they are online. In other words they were exposed, exposed to others, Once more people know what they are really like and a bully is exposed they cower.
Frank

White Plains, NY

#7878 Jun 23, 2012
You are so right. I se that Anthony has not posted. Maybe the prayers are working!

Ps Sandusky should rot in hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East-Elmhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 54 min Bruddah Z 322,185
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 45,890
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 1 hr 2 Dogs 2,308
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 2,673
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,257
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,608
Made possible by viewers like you 3 hr Fund drive 1

East-Elmhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance