Smithtown parishioners planning prote...

Smithtown parishioners planning protest of church -

There are 1817 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 31, 2007, titled Smithtown parishioners planning protest of church -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Parishioners at the Byzantine Church of the Resurrection in Smithtown plan to hold a "quiet" protest Sunday over their priest's cancellation of its popular four-day bazaar, saying that they fear church ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

educate yourself too

Portland, IN

#804 Dec 28, 2007
postings from the same website as above

freak priests and the eparchy that supports them...
Here is one newspaper that dares to tell the truth! I have no idea what is wrong with the people that remain. Priest worshippers with their heads in the sand or somewhere else? I for one won't give another dime to support these nuts. Notice the statement by Fr. Glenn Davidowich in these articles- Danilak's body was in the church on Holy Saturday- with the Body of Christ exposed and this clown is telling people it is an honor! Its a DISGRACE and prime example that the priests of this Eparchy have no faith/no respect and NO SHAME!

www.phoenixvillenews.com/...7915&rfi=6

www.phoenixvillenews.com/...7915&rfi=6
WHAT people?
You must have been gone for awhile. Whats left looks basically like a senior citizen center. Maybe you get to the point in life where it really doesn't matter what the future holds because you know you wont be a part of it.

As for the clown(s)- they have yet to realize that any ethnic organization that closes in on itself like this one has is doomed.

Its sad that there is no dignity left at all as it declines, scandalized by these weirdos and their junior high schoolboy/Peter Pan mentality.
Why do people not picket outside this man's church?

Why don't his parishoners demand the bishop do something?

On that note, why don't the members of the Eparchy of Passaic demand the resignation of the real clown, Andrew Pataki?
to tommy and or freddie

Portland, IN

#807 Dec 28, 2007
PERFECT TOMMY wrote:
repent all you sinners.
I repent of ever giving this Eparchy a penney!
After reading the testimony from one victim of Danilak ,I have to wonder just what the person is here on this board is that defends Pitaki! Danilak sodomized altar servers "on the altar"???..purely demonic!He went on and ,"....worked with underpriviledged children in Philadelphia"? My Lord how many more contracted HIV from him?These Bishops and priests call themselves pro life? What a ruse!
more

Portland, IN

#808 Dec 28, 2007
this is worth reading...pop tart Glenn's commentary on Danilak's funeral

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news3/20...
Roam If U want 2

Englewood, CO

#809 Dec 28, 2007
roamin round wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what these sham clerics want.They want to shut down the Byzantine Church and were hoping they would,"....die out" .as one Ukrainian priest said.Too bad other Catholics stepped in to fill the void and donated both time and money to build mission churches and keep the other parishes gong.Now they must resort to another plan and sell off the properties hindered by the "Whiners and malcontents" that are moral thorns in their sides exposing the evil rot for what it is.Wonder why the bishop encourages the phoney advert on EWTN called "Light from the East" starring one of his that until recently was not an active parish priest? Maybe someone should pose this question to Fr Bertha. Ask him... Why the Eparchy has a regular spot on EWTN which is primarily viewed by RC's whom the Bishop does not want to attend his churches even though they have been the ones who have kept the Eparchy afloat? Perhaps Fr Bertha can also tell you where Fr Michael is in residence,surely he likes the roamin catholics.
That's because the Roman Catholic Bishop William and Bishop Andrew are in cahoots with each other
Born into a Lesser Church

AOL

#810 Dec 28, 2007
Roam If U want 2 wrote:
<quoted text> That's because the Roman Catholic Bishop William and Bishop Andrew are in cahoots with each other
You may be right. I understand Murphy's donations are way down. RC's are still annoyed at the way he threw some nuns out of a convent and refurbished the place for himself. Maybe he thinks all the RC's Pataki throws out will go back to the RC Church. It's not gonna happen. Fool me once, shame on you; fool my twice, shame on me.
Born into a Lesser Church

AOL

#811 Dec 28, 2007
Roam If U want 2 wrote:
<quoted text> That's because the Roman Catholic Bishop William and Bishop Andrew are in cahoots with each other
Sorry for the typo. I meant to type "fool me twice."
Roam if U want 2

Englewood, CO

#812 Dec 28, 2007
educate yourself too wrote:
postings from the same website as above
freak priests and the eparchy that supports them...
Here is one newspaper that dares to tell the truth! I have no idea what is wrong with the people that remain. Priest worshippers with their heads in the sand or somewhere else? I for one won't give another dime to support these nuts. Notice the statement by Fr. Glenn Davidowich in these articles- Danilak's body was in the church on Holy Saturday- with the Body of Christ exposed and this clown is telling people it is an honor! Its a DISGRACE and prime example that the priests of this Eparchy have no faith/no respect and NO SHAME!
www.phoenixvillenews.com/...7915&rfi=6
www.phoenixvillenews.com/...7915&rfi=6
WHAT people?
You must have been gone for awhile. Whats left looks basically like a senior citizen center. Maybe you get to the point in life where it really doesn't matter what the future holds because you know you wont be a part of it.
As for the clown(s)- they have yet to realize that any ethnic organization that closes in on itself like this one has is doomed.
Its sad that there is no dignity left at all as it declines, scandalized by these weirdos and their junior high schoolboy/Peter Pan mentality.
Why do people not picket outside this man's church?
Why don't his parishoners demand the bishop do something?
On that note, why don't the members of the Eparchy of Passaic demand the resignation of the real clown, Andrew Pataki?
Well I guess that you have not been reading these posts lately, the clown's out (no, not that type of out) at the end of January. Hopefully Freddie will folow!
saw and read alot more

Portland, IN

#813 Dec 28, 2007
Roam If U want 2 wrote:
<quoted text> That's because the Roman Catholic Bishop William and Bishop Andrew are in cahoots with each other
I have been reading and so what if Pataki is out? Apparently You do not realize that the whole USNCCB are in cahoots and just try to stand up, as one lone bishop like Bruskewitz did, against the disordered. He actually stated that behind closed doors they(the Bishops) "screamed at him" for proposing action against the pervs.......this was in between the televised meetings on EWTN...and believe me the day after Bruskewitz actually looked scared as his proposals were voted down by the other...Disband this band of disordered brothers and the catholic churchs' few straight right thinking bishops may have a chance.... the rest will continue to cover up,pay off and relocate.oh yes and sell off!
saw and read alot more

Portland, IN

#814 Dec 28, 2007
Hooray Pataki is out and everything will suddenly get better?????...I knew Fr Hardon. He was not a lightweight in the Catholic Church.He is referring here to the USNCCB.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/abbott/060...
"Father Hardon predicted that entire dioceses would disappear in the U.S. He also said only a handful of bishops were entirely faithful (six) and only about 60 others were 'mostly' faithful. I would like to think the situation has improved since 2000, but with many bishops indicating they will continue to ordain homosexuals despite the new Vatican document, can anyone be very optimistic?"
a vocation

Portland, IN

#815 Dec 28, 2007
....or a bigger mistake ????
"The Eastern Catholic Church is one of 22 different rites under the pope, and Nesbella is eyeing a future there." http://www.tribune-democrat.com/homepage/loca...
get educated

Portland, IN

#816 Dec 28, 2007
I surmise that few here understand the scope of the situation....

http://www.gospa.org/pl/pages/articles/editor...

"The outrageous number of homosexual infiltrators in the Catholic Church has formed a very powerful organization that has been nicknamed the “Lavender Mafia.” It is comprised of bishops, priests, and seminarians who have artfully manipulated the average Catholic into thinking that homosexuals are not a threat. A committee of US bishops a few years ago, produced a document (quickly pronounced by theVatican as flawed and not truly representative of the Church’s position on homosexuality) titled Always Our Children, and circulated it to all parishes. It was their attempt at making the parents of homosexual children at ease with their children’s deviate sexual orientation and behavior. I believe it was their effort at making sure that their supply of new of homosexual priests was not interrupted."
FYI - How ironic

AOL

#817 Dec 29, 2007
In light of what we have been discussing here, this is the ultimate irony:

Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan
By NICK PISA - More by this author » Last updated at 12:21pm on 29th December 2007
Comments (8)


Satanism on the rise: Pope Benedict has unveiled plans to set up specialist exorcism squads

The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism.

Vatican chiefs are concerned at what they see as an increased interest in the occult.

They have introduced courses for priests to combat what they call the most extreme form of "Godlessness."

Each bishop is to be told to have in his diocese a number of priests trained to fight demonic possession.

The initiative was revealed by 82-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican "exorcistinchief," to the online Catholic news service Petrus.

"Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," he said.

"Too many bishops are not taking this seriously and are not delegating their priests in the fight against the Devil. You have to hunt high and low for a properly trained exorcist.

"Thankfully, Benedict XVI believes in the existence and danger of evil - going back to the time he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith." The CDF is the oldest Vatican department and was headed by Benedict from 1982, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, until he became Pope in 2005.

Father Amorth said that during his time at the department Benedict had not lost the chance to warn humanity of the risk from the Devil.

He said the Pope wants to restore a prayer seen as protection against evil that was traditionally recited at the end of Catholic Masses. The prayer, to St Michael the Archangel, was dropped in the 1960s by Pope John XXIII.

Scroll down for more...

"The prayer is useful not only for priests but also for lay people in helping to fight demons," he said.

Father Paolo Scarafoni, who lectures on the Vatican's exorcism course, said interest in Satanism and the occult has grown as people lost faith with the church.




The 1973 film The Exorcist deals with the demonic possession of a young girl: Now the Pope wants specialist exorcism squads in every parish

He added: "People suffer and think that turning to the Devil can help solve their problems. We are being bombarded by requests for exorcisms."

The Vatican is particularly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanic sects through rock music and the Internet.

In theory, under the Catholic Church's Canon Law 1172, all priests can perform exorcisms. But in reality only a select few are assigned the task.

Under the law, practitioners must have "piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life."

The rite of exorcism involves a series of gestures and prayers to invoke the power of God and stop the "demon" influencing its victim.
O the Irony

Brooklyn, NY

#818 Dec 29, 2007
FYI - How ironic wrote:
In light of what we have been discussing here, this is the ultimate irony:
Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan
By NICK PISA - More by this author » Last updated at 12:21pm on 29th December 2007
Comments (8)
Satanism on the rise: Pope Benedict has unveiled plans to set up specialist exorcism squads
The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism.
Vatican chiefs are concerned at what they see as an increased interest in the occult.
They have introduced courses for priests to combat what they call the most extreme form of "Godlessness."
Each bishop is to be told to have in his diocese a number of priests trained to fight demonic possession.
The initiative was revealed by 82-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican "exorcistinchief," to the online Catholic news service Petrus.
"Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," he said.
"Too many bishops are not taking this seriously and are not delegating their priests in the fight against the Devil. You have to hunt high and low for a properly trained exorcist.
"Thankfully, Benedict XVI believes in the existence and danger of evil - going back to the time he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith." The CDF is the oldest Vatican department and was headed by Benedict from 1982, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, until he became Pope in 2005.
Father Amorth said that during his time at the department Benedict had not lost the chance to warn humanity of the risk from the Devil.
He said the Pope wants to restore a prayer seen as protection against evil that was traditionally recited at the end of Catholic Masses. The prayer, to St Michael the Archangel, was dropped in the 1960s by Pope John XXIII.
Scroll down for more...
"The prayer is useful not only for priests but also for lay people in helping to fight demons," he said.
Father Paolo Scarafoni, who lectures on the Vatican's exorcism course, said interest in Satanism and the occult has grown as people lost faith with the church.
The 1973 film The Exorcist deals with the demonic possession of a young girl: Now the Pope wants specialist exorcism squads in every parish
He added: "People suffer and think that turning to the Devil can help solve their problems. We are being bombarded by requests for exorcisms."
The Vatican is particularly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanic sects through rock music and the Internet.
In theory, under the Catholic Church's Canon Law 1172, all priests can perform exorcisms. But in reality only a select few are assigned the task.
Under the law, practitioners must have "piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life."
The rite of exorcism involves a series of gestures and prayers to invoke the power of God and stop the "demon" influencing its victim.
Aren't we off the course here? Wait a minute! Who could have sent this message? Could it be SATAN!!!!!
get educated

Portland, IN

#819 Dec 29, 2007
FYI - How ironic wrote:
In light of what we have been discussing here, this is the ultimate irony:
Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan
By NICK PISA - More by this author » Last updated at 12:21pm on 29th December 2007
Comments (8)
Satanism on the rise: Pope Benedict has unveiled plans to set up specialist exorcism squads
The Pope has ordered his bishops to set up exorcism squads to tackle the rise of Satanism.
Vatican chiefs are concerned at what they see as an increased interest in the occult.
They have introduced courses for priests to combat what they call the most extreme form of "Godlessness."
Each bishop is to be told to have in his diocese a number of priests trained to fight demonic possession.
The initiative was revealed by 82-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican "exorcistinchief," to the online Catholic news service Petrus.
"Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," he said.
"Too many bishops are not taking this seriously and are not delegating their priests in the fight against the Devil. You have to hunt high and low for a properly trained exorcist.
"Thankfully, Benedict XVI believes in the existence and danger of evil - going back to the time he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith." The CDF is the oldest Vatican department and was headed by Benedict from 1982, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, until he became Pope in 2005.
Father Amorth said that during his time at the department Benedict had not lost the chance to warn humanity of the risk from the Devil.
He said the Pope wants to restore a prayer seen as protection against evil that was traditionally recited at the end of Catholic Masses. The prayer, to St Michael the Archangel, was dropped in the 1960s by Pope John XXIII.
Scroll down for more...
"The prayer is useful not only for priests but also for lay people in helping to fight demons," he said.
Father Paolo Scarafoni, who lectures on the Vatican's exorcism course, said interest in Satanism and the occult has grown as people lost faith with the church.
The 1973 film The Exorcist deals with the demonic possession of a young girl: Now the Pope wants specialist exorcism squads in every parish
He added: "People suffer and think that turning to the Devil can help solve their problems. We are being bombarded by requests for exorcisms."
The Vatican is particularly concerned that young people are being exposed to the influence of Satanic sects through rock music and the Internet.
In theory, under the Catholic Church's Canon Law 1172, all priests can perform exorcisms. But in reality only a select few are assigned the task.
Under the law, practitioners must have "piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life."
The rite of exorcism involves a series of gestures and prayers to invoke the power of God and stop the "demon" influencing its victim.
no no ....the Vatican is denying this! Fr Amorth himself has his own set of questionable problems..like braggadocia in his books, wherein he claims to be doing hundreds of exorcisms weekly. Questionable at best according to older documentation on the practice. An exhausting ritual of the utmost secrecy for protection of both exorcist and victim....exorcist is appointed by the bishop and even other priests in the diocese are not to know any particulars.Amorth is a far cry from his predecessor Fr Candida who was a true Vatican Exorcist, by virtue of his humility.
New emphasis on exorcism? Vatican denies report
http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm...
get educated O irony

Portland, IN

#820 Dec 29, 2007
Aren't we off the course here? Wait a minute! Who could have sent this message? Could it be SATAN!!!!!

If you are self incriminating the answer is most likely yes!
How ironic

AOL

#821 Dec 29, 2007
O the Irony wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't we off the course here? Wait a minute! Who could have sent this message? Could it be SATAN!!!!!
Not really off topic. We have been discussing evil.
discussion of evil

Portland, IN

#822 Dec 29, 2007
How ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really off topic. We have been discussing evil.
Exactly!.......Wonder why he protested?

The antithesis of humility is Pride......which is the vice most particular to Satan. The Church always made that one of the chief requirements in choosing a priest to be an Exorcist. Note in the article you cited how that was NOT mentioned when quoting Amorth.One only need to read several old books on the rite and requirements and then pick up one of Amorth's self agrandizing books to see something is way off track. Note how he makes these big announcements and then the Vatican has to sweep his tracks.Symptomatic of the bigger picture we have been discussing.Infighting and clash all the way to the top.One thing is right on target though...Satan is the author of all confusion, misunderstandings and true evil.His rite is neither East nor West ..It is the Rite of Sodomy.(Which Danilak served up quite nicely on the altar according to the victims).......and the priest in Ohio who murdered and desecrated Sr Pohl
in a satanic ritual........what IS the Abomination of Desolation in the Holy Place where it ought not be in Scripture?
Spanky

Bronx, NY

#823 Dec 29, 2007
And exactly what good will come out of this besides that joker Fat Al getting some publicity?
to NY poster

Portland, IN

#825 Dec 29, 2007
"Hostage to the Devil" by Fr Malachi Martin would be a good read for anyone interested in the subject whether in or out of jail.Thanks but no thanks we have met enough pervs while members of the Eparchy for over thirty years.I am sure there are many who would open to your invitation.Perhaps Glenn can feature you in a wrestling video or Harry can use another stooge since the one he has appears worthless on this board.
RCC

Medford, NY

#826 Dec 31, 2007
you people deserve each other

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East-Elmhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 min jimi-yank 13,288
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min TRUMP WINNERS 312,681
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 4 min De Oppresso Liber 20,193
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 18 min FuMan Chu Yanks 334,274
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 24 min jimi-yank 5,697
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 16,793
Why do FOX News woman dress like hookers (Jul '15) 2 hr TRUMP PAYS ZERO T... 139

East-Elmhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East-Elmhurst Mortgages