Coweta firefighter charged in child's death

There are 20 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Sep 15, 2010, titled Coweta firefighter charged in child's death. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

A Coweta County firefighter is facing multiple charges in the death of the 2-year-old son of his fiancee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#61 Jan 17, 2011
abc do re me wrote:
hey jennifer, i know you probably dont like me but i just wanted to say me and abc 123 are really sorry. were just way upset about the whole situation :/ we didnt mean it were just really upset and we just wanted too apologize i hope you can forgive us. lets keep this a civil thing not get anybody envolved brayden woudnt want this were really sorry.
I totally forgive you...trust me I am sorry about some of the things that I have commented on this particular topic that have offended individuals such as yourself. I have put much thought into the comment about what Voodoo Hex said and I am ashamed that I did not approach this with a little more respect from the start! I have known one of the family members in my past and I am ashamed that I stooped so low to make something so private become an argument on a public forum. Aside from who I know I also have a family member who is very close to a family member of Brayden's unfortunately my emotions got the best of me. I know that I said that my previous comment would be the last but I really felt like an apology is appropriate on my end as well because this is such a sensitive issue. I can only say that it has to be even more painful for all relatives involved to know that people including myself are commenting on this. I regret that I did not just leave this one alone from the start! Do not get me wrong I get opinionated and stand up for what I believe in and will comment when I have a say but I will no longer do it when considering those suffering from the loss of a life.
question

Nashville, TN

#62 Jan 23, 2011
I do feel for the biological fathet but I have doubts about his character. What about the friend of mine he ran over while drunk and then left the scene? My friend also has achild and was in intensive care and almost lost his life. Robinson ran him over left and then went to another bar to continue drinkibg while his victim had to be life flighted and will probably never be able to lead a normal life. He is permanetly disabled ??????
NEWNAN MOM wrote:
This is terribly sad and its rediculious the mother of this little boy was a horrible parent and the biological dad that I know is a great parent but obviously the man charged with murder was left responsible for watching the children as well... question is did he do it? or could the child have been hit and beat hours before ... bleeding brains can take hours to days to affect or kill someone. Either way there are no words to express this .... I cant stop thinking about it and it breaks my heart! My heart goes out to the hurt family of this child who didnt deserve to be beaten to death.... he never asked to be brought into this world! Is Casey denying he beat the child? Whats the mother have to say?
Adam Menter

Atlanta, GA

#63 May 18, 2011
Wonder what's going on with this case?? Does the piece of crap "mother" still defend her son's killer? Or, have 8 months made her realize what she lost???
Same Question

San Francisco, CA

#64 May 18, 2011
I think that there are a lot of us wondering the very same thing. Has this just been swept under the rug?
MiamiYes

Newnan, GA

#65 May 18, 2011
I have been wondering what has or is being done to bring justice for this poor little Angel...If anyone has an update on this case please let everyone know!!! After 8 months, this case should be coming up for trial...Is the GBI still investigating? Does anyone know any new info? I think and pray everyday that justice will be done in this case...
nikki

Griffin, GA

#66 Jun 2, 2011
Nurse219 wrote:
To the folks that defend this creep and the worthless woman that gave birth to this precious boy, you don't know the facts!!!!! A "fall" from a baby bed does not cause the injuries this child suffered!!!! He was BEATEN and murdered by a monster and probably his mother. His death wasn't quick, he probably suffered for hours. So think of the 2year old, not his killers!!!!!


agreed
Justin

Newport News, VA

#67 Jun 6, 2011
Paul wrote:
I know Casey Spradlin. Not well, but I have worked with him in the past. When this whole situation transpired I was out of the country. Upon my return I heard the news of this story and I have to say, I was shocked and baffled that he was accused of such a horrendous crime. I am not saying he didn’t do what he is accused of…I don’t know and neither do any of you. That is between him and his Maker. It is also for the courts to determine his guilt. What I am saying is whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Isn’t that what our justice system is built on? If he is guilty, then I am all for the punishment fitting the crime. But at least let this man have a chance to plead his case before you convict him. Personally I think he is the type of guy who would take a fall for the mother of Brayden. But that is just my opinion. I have a daughter just a little older than Brayden was, so I definitely am not a person who is sympathetic to a child murderer, I am just saying to think before throwing accusations and guilt around, and let the courts handle if he is guilty or not.
I knew Casey growing up all the way through high school and when I read your post I said to my self, yep that definitely sounds like him. The kind of guy that would take the fall for the mother. I know from first hand experience that he has ALWAYS had a disturbing obsession with Christie (definitely a sociopath, I knew her very well for years too). Also, my brother's trade school teacher was one of the first responders and he says the bed they saw there was no way in hell (unless thrown by a pretty strong man) he sustained his injuries from a simple "fall". Judging by the whole story and knowing those two, my hypothesis is that she did it left for "work" and told him that he was asleep and it wasn't until way later that he went in to check that he found him....
MiamiYes

Newnan, GA

#68 Jun 7, 2011
Paul wrote:
I know Casey Spradlin. Not well, but I have worked with him in the past. When this whole situation transpired I was out of the country. Upon my return I heard the news of this story and I have to say, I was shocked and baffled that he was accused of such a horrendous crime. I am not saying he didn’t do what he is accused of…I don’t know and neither do any of you. That is between him and his Maker. It is also for the courts to determine his guilt. What I am saying is whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Isn’t that what our justice system is built on? If he is guilty, then I am all for the punishment fitting the crime. But at least let this man have a chance to plead his case before you convict him. Personally I think he is the type of guy who would take a fall for the mother of Brayden. But that is just my opinion. I have a daughter just a little older than Brayden was, so I definitely am not a person who is sympathetic to a child murderer, I am just saying to think before throwing accusations and guilt around, and let the courts handle if he is guilty or not.
Paul, I do NOT think the courts are ever going to handle this case...If anyone knows when or if this case has come up for indictment, please let everyone know...
what ever

Atlanta, GA

#69 Jun 7, 2011
Paul wrote:
I know Casey Spradlin. Not well, but I have worked with him in the past. When this whole situation transpired I was out of the country. Upon my return I heard the news of this story and I have to say, I was shocked and baffled that he was accused of such a horrendous crime. I am not saying he didn’t do what he is accused of…I don’t know and neither do any of you. That is between him and his Maker. It is also for the courts to determine his guilt. What I am saying is whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Isn’t that what our justice system is built on? If he is guilty, then I am all for the punishment fitting the crime. But at least let this man have a chance to plead his case before you convict him. Personally I think he is the type of guy who would take a fall for the mother of Brayden. But that is just my opinion. I have a daughter just a little older than Brayden was, so I definitely am not a person who is sympathetic to a child murderer, I am just saying to think before throwing accusations and guilt around, and let the courts handle if he is guilty or not.
Your opinion is just that an opinion not fact. I hope that I get on the jury because he is already guilty to me if he is willing to take the fall of this. They should bring back the chair for a finally farewell tour just for him.
Hey hey hey

Conyers, GA

#70 Aug 31, 2011
What's going on with this case??? Who knows? I think its dying a slow torturous death like poor baby Braden. I did see that the baby momma married the accused so I guess she wont have to testify against him. Hmmmmmm wondering
just passing thru

Fayetteville, GA

#71 Nov 6, 2011
This case will be going to trial in the month of November. It was set to go to trial two weeks ago and a delay was approved. The case should be watched closley so that whatever the outcome is that it will be what is best for keeping Brayden's sister safe. I am a family member of Brayden and I can tell you that I am not even sure of the facts of the case any longer since stories have changed so many times. I am hoping that the court system will sort everything out and will make sure that Brayden's killer gets justice. Whomever that is. I loved Brayden so much and miss him more than you could know. The fighting on here is sad to me and I wish that we could all focus on justice and protection for Brayden's sister. She is the one we need to be concerned for now.
Riley

Alturas, FL

#72 Dec 18, 2011
I live in coweta and it breaks my heart to hear that!i would hate for something to catch on fire and that creep comes out to my house and family
concerned citizen

Phenix City, AL

#73 Jan 7, 2012
Anyone know when this case goes to trial?
Sadly

Atlanta, GA

#74 Feb 1, 2012
Sadly the case has still not gone to court. Casey is still out with Christie living the living the high life & denying that he hurt precious baby Brayden in anyway. Hopefully all this will come to an end soon and they give full custody of Braydens sister to her biological father, whom I must say is a wonderful father and person all together. It's very sad how crooked the judicial system is here & that this poor little baby got hurt so badly & the person who has more than 1 murder charge as well as other charges gets to roam free.... Marry the mother (how the hell do you marry someone who hurt your baby?).... & run around Newnan like nothing ever happened. Guilt alone is written all over this & I pray daily that justice is serve. God bless Matthew Robinson & his daughter & 2 sons.
Judge not

Norcross, GA

#75 Feb 20, 2012
Sadly wrote:
Sadly the case has still not gone to court. Casey is still out with Christie living the living the high life & denying that he hurt precious baby Brayden in anyway. Hopefully all this will come to an end soon and they give full custody of Braydens sister to her biological father, whom I must say is a wonderful father and person all together. It's very sad how crooked the judicial system is here & that this poor little baby got hurt so badly & the person who has more than 1 murder charge as well as other charges gets to roam free.... Marry the mother (how the hell do you marry someone who hurt your baby?).... & run around Newnan like nothing ever happened. Guilt alone is written all over this & I pray daily that justice is serve. God bless Matthew Robinson & his daughter & 2 sons.
Let me ask you something, What do you consider the "high life"?? Is it working a job you hate because your job was taken away? Is it working 70 and 80 hr weeks just to help pay the bills you have? Is it living with your parents because the cost of your bills is now more than a single family house? Living the high life, being judged for something that you have not been convicted of?? You say you pray.......if you believe in prayer, then you should pray for yourself. It is written in the bible, "Judge not, least ye be judged." or how about "Let you who are blameless cast the first stone" or lets try "There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?" and please let's not forget "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.". I know both of them quite well, and let me tell you something, they are not living the high life. Christie has to go to a theropist to this day to deal with the lost of her son. I have held her while she sobbed so hard she couldn't breath. Just because she does not air her dirty laundry, make a public show of her son's death, or chooses not to hide from the world, does not mean she does not greive. We are all far from perfect, God forbid our every waking second be put on display for the world. As for the Father getting full custody, fat chance. He is now convicted of a felony. If anything were to happen to Christie, I can 100% assure you her parents would fight tooth and nail for her daughter. Now, as for guilt.......those who scream the loudest have the most guilt. There are things about this case no one knows yet, but will soon be brought to light.
dont piss me off

Atlanta, GA

#76 Feb 21, 2012
YoUwIsH wrote:
The father of this poor child is crazy and he's a drunk!!!
let me say that if you had to live with that crazy fing sick bitch you would drink to!!! But a drunk no but does he drink yes as do the majority of the firemen and policemen but one thing for sure if your child was murdered I think you to might drink but Matt got wise and quit so he could make damn sure justice is served
dont piss me off

Atlanta, GA

#77 Feb 21, 2012
Judge not wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you something, What do you consider the "high life"?? Is it working a job you hate because your job was taken away? Is it working 70 and 80 hr weeks just to help pay the bills you have? Is it living with your parents because the cost of your bills is now more than a single family house? Living the high life, being judged for something that you have not been convicted of?? You say you pray.......if you believe in prayer, then you should pray for yourself. It is written in the bible, "Judge not, least ye be judged." or how about "Let you who are blameless cast the first stone" or lets try "There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?" and please let's not forget "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.". I know both of them quite well, and let me tell you something, they are not living the high life. Christie has to go to a theropist to this day to deal with the lost of her son. I have held her while she sobbed so hard she couldn't breath. Just because she does not air her dirty laundry, make a public show of her son's death, or chooses not to hide from the world, does not mean she does not greive. We are all far from perfect, God forbid our every waking second be put on display for the world. As for the Father getting full custody, fat chance. He is now convicted of a felony. If anything were to happen to Christie, I can 100% assure you her parents would fight tooth and nail for her daughter. Now, as for guilt.......those who scream the loudest have the most guilt. There are things about this case no one knows yet, but will soon be brought to light.
you said that correctly, some folks are gonna have their mouths drop open when some things come to light, Ken Lear for example he has some very incriminating evidence or facts you might say, I know of someone who has been asked to testify in regards to the baby Brayden sleeping with Khristy & Kasey and he was sick of it because it was interfering with their sex life so they were trying to break him of that habit (Kasey was she didnt want to even be with him, I know for a fact she doesnt love Kasey she is still in love with Matt Robinson but it was overheard by Krsitys mother that the baby fell would cry and cry and cry and they just left him to cry and cry and then they have gotten records from Japan, GOD only knows what thats about, yeah some things are gonna come to light I'll say but it aint gonna be heresay!!!!!!! Poor Poor Kristina I wouldnt want to be in her shoes
Bring it on

United States

#78 Feb 21, 2012
Not sure if you are aware but we are 52 days into 2012, this is not 60 years ago! I hate to be the one to break the sad reality of 2012 to you but most Americans jobs have been taken away and are having to work 70-80 hour weeks just to pay bills. It seems that may come as a complete shock to you the good news is many years ago there was a brilliant concept to create newspapers to keep citizens informed, pick one up and read it this will help keep you updated on the current economic situation of the whole damn country!
Judge Not there is no need to ask Sadly about what they consider the “high life” as, ask your girl Christie about the literal meaning of “high life”! I am not a medical professional, however it is commonly known that certain illegal drugs do play games with human’s dopamine levels and without Blow or things of that nature it could cause psychiatric instability creating a deep depression leading one to having to hold her while she sobbed so hard. Judge Not there are those of out here that will not be snowed into thinking that Christie is worthy of freedom but rather a lifetime of guilt and shame confined within the walls of a maximum security prison! The natural father just might have a felony under his belt, a felony that has nothing to with the killing of babies so let’s just remember that when you want to “judge not”! Check your bible on the whole adultery issue…the father more than likely would not have that felony if Christie knew how to only take her panties off for her husband, instead her panties apparently were more like a free for all, dropping for more than just the husband at the time if you catch my drift. Let’s review: Christie fucks around on her husband, takes off with the new man she’s been fucking around with and then the youngest child comes up dead while in the care of the man she left her husband to be with. Sorry most of us are not buying your defense here Judge Not; as a matter of fact Christie should become Facebook friends with Casey Anthony cause she sure is not looking like she’s rocking it with the mother of the year recipients!
Not sure about these things that no one knows yet that will be brought to light seems sort of like the old saying “the checks in the mail”! Fuck this case can’t seem to go to trial, it is comical that the “Casey & Christie Camp” think that announcing the possibility of these revelations coming to light are going to make the nonbelievers believe that Christie is such victim in this.
Sadly

Macon, GA

#79 Feb 22, 2012
Bring it on wrote:
Not sure if you are aware but we are 52 days into 2012, this is not 60 years ago! I hate to be the one to break the sad reality of 2012 to you but most Americans jobs have been taken away and are having to work 70-80 hour weeks just to pay bills. It seems that may come as a complete shock to you the good news is many years ago there was a brilliant concept to create newspapers to keep citizens informed, pick one up and read it this will help keep you updated on the current economic situation of the whole damn country!
Judge Not there is no need to ask Sadly about what they consider the “high life” as, ask your girl Christie about the literal meaning of “high life”! I am not a medical professional, however it is commonly known that certain illegal drugs do play games with human’s dopamine levels and without Blow or things of that nature it could cause psychiatric instability creating a deep depression leading one to having to hold her while she sobbed so hard. Judge Not there are those of out here that will not be snowed into thinking that Christie is worthy of freedom but rather a lifetime of guilt and shame confined within the walls of a maximum security prison! The natural father just might have a felony under his belt, a felony that has nothing to with the killing of babies so let’s just remember that when you want to “judge not”! Check your bible on the whole adultery issue…the father more than likely would not have that felony if Christie knew how to only take her panties off for her husband, instead her panties apparently were more like a free for all, dropping for more than just the husband at the time if you catch my drift. Let’s review: Christie fucks around on her husband, takes off with the new man she’s been fucking around with and then the youngest child comes up dead while in the care of the man she left her husband to be with. Sorry most of us are not buying your defense here Judge Not; as a matter of fact Christie should become Facebook friends with Casey Anthony cause she sure is not looking like she’s rocking it with the mother of the year recipients!
Not sure about these things that no one knows yet that will be brought to light seems sort of like the old saying “the checks in the mail”! Fuck this case can’t seem to go to trial, it is comical that the “Casey & Christie Camp” think that announcing the possibility of these revelations coming to light are going to make the nonbelievers believe that Christie is such victim in this.
Wow! Thank you. Nice to know people aren't following these two peoples bandwagon. Seems a bit ridiculous to me to think that his & her actions could be taken so casually. I also don't think The Lord would want his great words used to defend this people as well. & they seem to be enjoying their life pretty well anyway seeing as they are out on the town enjoying dinner & drinks on a pretty good basis. I said it once & will say it again... I think & pray for Matthew & his family daily. Thanks again Bring It On
Wow really

Norcross, GA

#80 Feb 24, 2012
Bring it on wrote:
Kinda hard to be high on drugs when you work in an environment that drugs screens you regularly and unexpectedly. Funny how you claim that to be the reason for her break downs, when then people Matthew routinely hung out with love to get high. Gonna be kinda hard to get a job as a Nurse when you graduate, if you relax by getting high.
As for Christie dropping her panties, and Matt being a saint. You really need to get your facts straight, or start gettting them from more than one source. Matthew was a Man whore. Christie came to me many times crying about Matt's many "Slip-ups" or "It didn't mean anything's". It was from the start of the marriage to the end. The last straw for her was when she found out he was sleeping with the daycare worker that looked after Ashlee, while Christie was pregnant with Brayden. Funny how the guilty blame the innoicent, Matthew insited on a DNA test for both child and both came back as his. She went back to him after Brayden was born, against multiple concerns and words of advice. After a month and a half, scars barely healed from the c-section, he was at it again with a Woman named Elizabeth (whom he still has a relationship with, according to Elizabeth). Now, did Christie become fridged with Matthew? Of course! She and I had multiple conversations about her concerns over std's from Matthew's cheating and her self image. Christie and Casey did not start talking to each other until April, She kicked Matt out at the end of Jan. Kinda hard to claim he's the man she left her husband for when they accurred three months apart.
Before you talk about people being "snowed" or lied too, remind your selves of one thing. There are always three truths, His truth, her truth, and the actual truth. No one, and I mean no one, actually knows what happened that night or in Matt and Christie's marriage except the people that were envolved. If Casey is guilty, he will be judged by the only one who has the right to judge, and his punishment will be just at that point. That does not give you or anyone else the right to judge him. Matthew would never actually tell anyone the true details of his marriage, because it would paint him in a bad light. If you really and truly want the truth about the marriage, Ask Elizabeth or Lauren. They were both part of being the last straw that ended it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 19,887
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 11 hr John 11,221
Review: I Love Kickboxing Atlanta - Buckhead (Aug '14) 11 hr Gabrielle14 6
Atlanta Sucks! (Feb '12) 15 hr Go Blue Forever 142
Plan Ahead for More Decadent Violent Action Mov... 16 hr Lincoln School Mom 6
Live Your Life 16 hr Bye-Bye 3
gilmer teachers 19 hr Wow 2
More from around the web

East Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]