Urine test to get food stamps and other government funded aid?

Created by disappointed on Aug 30, 2010

211 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sally

Moultrie, GA

#21 Oct 4, 2011
GOOD TOPIC wrote:
I totally agree with you disappointed so well stated. For the parents that have children and work and still isn't able to make ends meet then they wouldn't mind a urine test. Then I and serval others wouldn't mind sharing OUR tax dollars to see that they are taking care of (atleast they try) but, for the ones that lay around and do nothing but live off government funds (OUR tax dollars) need to be tested b/c 50% of them either sell sell/trade them for cash or drugs, they don't use them to buy groceries for the children. Thats what makes me angry with the whole situation. There is people like me that work everyday to make ends meet and doesn't get a lick of help but yet we still have to pay OUR tax dollars to help people like them
i think the ones that enable others to trade the food for gas needs to be locked up too.
sally

Moultrie, GA

#22 Oct 4, 2011
i belive the gas stations that trade the gas or money , for food stamps for a higher cut of food stamps , needs to be ashamed of them selves standing before god and community as a piller of the couminty, hiding behind closed doors of theier business. and shame on the parents , they need some one to take their children away. what are they using the money on to buy cigerretts or alcholl or drugs . wake up dont want to be in your shoes come judgement day for you are starving your children and taking away a good home invirement from them both of you the bussness man and the one whos food stamps they are
No problems

United States

#23 Oct 7, 2011
This would be one great step toward reforming the Food Stamp program. As a cashier in a grocery store, I see everyday the discripances between those who need food stamps and those who abuse them. Some poor elderly people living of SSI who only get 700 per month to live on or less, and yes I've seen the checks, and only receive about 160 per month in food stamps is absolutly appauling. These people worked to make our country or were homemakers who supported those people. And then i've seen these escalade driving, gold wearing, finger nails manicured, hauling 4 to 6 children, sorry ass women who'd rather lay on their backs with their legs spread eagle to the next baby-daddy, spends hundreds of dollars on pure crap and expensive meats. Candy, soft drinks, chips, boxes upon boxes of sugary cereal, then comes the packs of steaks, frozen white fish filets, and crab legs. When i say hundreds, I mean like 7 to 8. And THEN they pull out the hundred dollar bills to buy their case of smokes and 2 to 3 suit cases of beer. And that only lasts through the weekend because they are back the next week buying more beer and smokes. And I knows these folks. It's a small town. They either don't have a job at all or work at the same place my husband does and I know he doesn't bring home a wad of hundreds on Fridays. There main source of income is the thriving drug trade here in town. I budget only around 300 a month to feed my family because that's all we have left after paying bills. Am i jelous? No. I am proud that I can support my family on the money I make with the job I have by the grace of God.
SUPERWOMAN

Columbus, GA

#24 Jan 5, 2012
I work a full time job, paying TAXES and take care of a child on my own. I dont use drugs but I do receive food stamps... so please do not categorize all people on government assistance as LAZY INDIVIDUALS THAT DON'T WORK & ARE LIVING OFF OF 'YOUR' TAX DOLLARS...I would have to struggle without the food stamps but I budget my money as of now to be able to get out of the trap of government assistance... there are far worse things happening to 'our beloved tax dollars' than people selling stamps for drugs or alcohol! Let's talk about the physicians that ABUSIVELY BILL medicare! I pay the same taxes as everyone else!
say what

Vidalia, GA

#25 Jan 9, 2012
We all know people abuse government assistance, so does the government...but guess who voted the dumb asses to sit on their arse and make the rules?
The amount it would cost to get the testing would be more taxes for your hard earned dollar. The people abusing the system will just not do drugs for a week so they can pass the test.
I worked with families who had all these problems, there is not going to be an easy fix. I was a mental health/substance abuse counselor. I had to retire at 51 because of a debilitating disease, fortunate for me I worked from age 13. The unfortunate part is SSDI only goes back 15 years...so talk about tax dollars.:( I see very young people in seemly good health on food assistance, medicaid and every other benefit. I also see them with their hair and nails done every week and a 200 dollar cell phone. I can't get my medical bills, electric, water or any other utility paid.
Let me get off this soap box, cause it is a slippery slope!
say what

Vidalia, GA

#26 Jan 9, 2012
SUPERWOMAN wrote:
I work a full time job, paying TAXES and take care of a child on my own. I dont use drugs but I do receive food stamps... so please do not categorize all people on government assistance as LAZY INDIVIDUALS THAT DON'T WORK & ARE LIVING OFF OF 'YOUR' TAX DOLLARS...I would have to struggle without the food stamps but I budget my money as of now to be able to get out of the trap of government assistance... there are far worse things happening to 'our beloved tax dollars' than people selling stamps for drugs or alcohol! Let's talk about the physicians that ABUSIVELY BILL medicare! I pay the same taxes as everyone else!
I just deleted a whole post on this...I have medical bills that will never get paid. I applaud that you are striving for a better life for you and your child. It is true that not all of us are ABUSING the system. I hope the accusing lies with those that deserve it and not those that have no choice. Again good luck and I hope that you can one day be totally independent.
say what

Vidalia, GA

#27 Jan 9, 2012
treu wrote:
So its ok for the parents to spend the money they get on drug and let the kids still starve??? If they fail the test they lose the kids to the state and then some one more capable can see about the welfare of the kids and maybe end the cycle of drugs and people wanting something for nothing. Helping people that need real help is what every person should do, I volunteer many time a year and if someone needs something then I will do all I can to help. If you are hungry and on the street I will take you to eat and buy whatever you want but I will not just hand my money out to people.
Have you ever worked with juveniles...sometimes, foster care is not the answer. I know, I worked with juveniles and most of them from foster care. I don't advise a home with addiction problems, but foster care can be extremely traumatic. I think I understand the point were making, however. I respect your opinion and the help you give others.
No problems

United States

#28 Jan 11, 2012
SUPERWOMAN wrote:
I work a full time job, paying TAXES and take care of a child on my own. I dont use drugs but I do receive ..........physicians that ABUSIVELY BILL medicare! I pay the same taxes as everyone else!
I am proud of anyone who will pull their own weight and strive to make themselves better. Helping people like you and the elderly is what our system was designed for.
David

Fort Worth, TX

#29 Jan 30, 2012
dayday wrote:
yes i agree with the last post. i think it is stupid to drug test someone so their children can eat. some people have problems with drugs which means more and more people will lose their stamps which means kids will not eat. totally agreed
or maybe they will stop buying drugs and buy their kids food with fewer freebees
Wise and True

Daisy, GA

#30 Feb 6, 2012
The government help all started as an attempt to give helping hand to the man who was down on his luck. It is curently a travesty.

Everyone should be tested for illegal drugs if they get help. If, say, a dentist smokes pot, she can afford it. A welfare person, no way. The welfare drug abuser should be deported to a country that needs more people, like Somalia or a. Maybe we could send them to Coiba, Panama, a fine, tropical paradise.

To harsh? Maybe first offense house them in some WWII barracks. Inspect them daily. Feed them surplus food. They would get the same qualiy as school lunches.
Unknown Name

United States

#31 Mar 23, 2013
The problem with this is those of Us that live in the USA and whom have never been in trouble with the law, drugs, etc. have the same basic right as any other human being, the right to PRIVACY. Meaning, the state is not allowed to just show up at My door step demanding I give them a urine analysis. The comment on the people who are barking about the fact they have to take a drug test to receive their paychecks...this doesn't apply to all whom work so why should it have to apply to all whom receive different forms of public assistance?! YOU are unhappy about the fact YOU have to take a UA. YOU are the one with the problem...why take that out on others?!
Justdafacts

Macon, GA

#32 Mar 27, 2013
Well I think each individual should be evalated and that should determine who is screened or not.. Heck the way I see it if you can afford to go to the bars 3and4 nights a week during school nights and leave your kids home plus go parting on the weekend YOU DON'T NEED FOODSTAMPS YOU NEED TO GET A DAMN JOB INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SORRY BUTTS...
gerryproperty

Dublin, GA

#33 Jun 28, 2013
Yes! 4 sur
keep bitching

Huntsville, AL

#34 Sep 26, 2013
GOOD TOPIC wrote:
the state could save alot of money if they did
Reading your post... apparently you are not up to date with the price of each drug test. Do your research. Tax payers will be spending more on the drug testing then the money we pay to families in need. Florida does drug testing and in the last year has spent more than 500,000 tax dollars on drug testing for only 50,000 worth of food stamps. And have only 21 people fail that drug test. Really do your research. Another state only had 1 failed drug test. Dont you think people who does use and have to take drug tests dont know how to pass them??? See people are complaining and bitching without doing any research. Now because of the complaining we are.spending 10 times what we were. If all states did this you all deserve to have to pay out your ass. Hope your happy, because im not, im spending a shit ton of money on someone to PASS a drug test. Thanks idiots
I pee for work

Southview, PA

#35 Jan 6, 2014
dayday wrote:
yes i agree with the last post. i think it is stupid to drug test someone so their children can eat. some people have problems with drugs which means more and more people will lose their stamps which means kids will not eat. totally agreed
i had to pee to feed my kids
Bison

Vidalia, GA

#36 Jan 14, 2014
Foods stamps are a waste. There should be a county work farm where needy folks are trucked or bused to work the fields and grow their food. Those who could not afford their own housing could be provided shelter in surplus tents, maybe general purpose mediums, ten to a tent. This would give them a sense of worth and less of a feeling of being a parasite.
Dave

Warner Robins, GA

#37 Jan 16, 2014
If you don't work, you don't eat
Works for a Living

Venetia, PA

#38 Feb 1, 2014
Don't work, don't eat. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter how many kids you have. Can't earn it, don't deserve it.
Can't feed your kids, you don't need kids. That constitutes as child abuse and they should be removed from your home and the offenders should be rendered infertile to prevent the same mistake in the future.
Got money for drugs, got money for food. Can sweat to make babies, can sweat to be a functioning member of society by getting a job.
Leave the government assistance for the elderly and the disabled... and fat is not a disability by the way.
America has gotten too soft. What happened to ass whippings and public hangings. Everyone keeps asking why there is so much crime and hunger and chaos. Answer: fear of offending the public. Everyone turns a blind eye to things of a negative nature especially the government. If something terrible happens they try to find a way to make it easy to swallow. Democracy is dead and the entire system needs a reboot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Dublin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 17 min rename 55,486
the grass on sides of the road is 6ft tall Wed soperton ga 3
Bad Ass Barron Peebles (Feb '11) Tue Ashley 36
Gail Hall Bostic Tue Saw it 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Curious Sep 13 Courthouse Curious 3
What happened to Optometist post ? Sep 13 nosey ned 4
•••
East Dublin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

East Dublin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

East Dublin People Search