GBI: East Dublin Man Killed in Fight ...

GBI: East Dublin Man Killed in Fight with Police

There are 11 comments on the WMAZ-TV Macon story from May 14, 2010, titled GBI: East Dublin Man Killed in Fight with Police. In it, WMAZ-TV Macon reports that:

An East Dublin man was fatally shot Friday morning during a fight with a police officer, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WMAZ-TV Macon.

Linda

Lexington, KY

#1 May 15, 2010
This man had three (that i know of) wonderful, smart, productive kids. Getty was a good man just trying to make a way for his family. He might not have done all the right things at all the right times, but he did not deserve to die by the hand of a bullet, in the barrel of a weapon, in the reflex of a finger that made a bone heart decision. That hand was suppose to be a helping one. What good did it do killing Getty? TO SERVE AND PROTECT!!? Who is going to serve his family now. The GBI?
Linda

Lexington, KY

#2 May 15, 2010
THEY MONITOR EVERY Response
PHIL

Macon, GA

#3 May 15, 2010
I will not say he was not a good man, but if he will fight with a cop (knowing he has a gun) then what would he do to someone without a gun or weapon. I do not advocate killing, but in my routine traffic stop i keep my mouth closed and say yes sir/ma'am to the officer(no matter if i am right or wrong), that is what the judge and court is for
PHIL

Macon, GA

#4 May 15, 2010
in my opinion that officer was protecting himself and community...though i feel bad for the family's sake...why is it that the cop always comes under fire when something like this happens...if they all are wrong then why let them serve??? though i do feel that some take advantage of their position, not all should be scrutinized.
Tiffany

Dublin, GA

#5 May 16, 2010
My heart goes out to both families. But a life has been taken. Let's all wait to see what the video tells. i pray whoever hands this tape lies in, this individual does the most honest, straight forward decision to tell the truth. If this officer has commited a crime, he needs to answer for his crime and have no favorism shown. I pray this is a lesson to all, both cops & citizens.
olddawg

Macon, GA

#6 May 18, 2010
jeff probaby provoked it he is cocky and a real loud mouth. the only reason he has that job is because of who his family is and he lets his job go to his head. the fella that got shot should not have tried to fight with a cop. especialy a rookie that dont know how to handle himself or his job. the way i see it they were both in the wrong and this tragedy could have been averted by either one of them.
BE HONEST

Sandersville, GA

#7 May 19, 2010
has anyone interviwed people from JEFF past. He's only 25. Speak with teachers, students, his playmates. Let's find out who this guy behind the badge. I was told by several he was bullied at school. Took this job, to prove to himself he is a tough guy. Yeah you are tough-you killed a man!!!!!! I hope your family is proud of you.
Linda

Lexington, KY

#8 May 21, 2010
Get rid of the guns!! tAZE THEM, BEAN BAG THEM, NET THEM WITH A BOOM-A-RANG,-EVEN DART THEM IN THE LEG LIKE RANGERS DO SO SAVE WILD LIFE. yOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING TO EAT IT,
Linda

Lexington, KY

#9 May 21, 2010
WE ARE A SPECIES OF HUMAN ANIMAL. WE HAVE AN ECO SYSTEM THAT WE ARE DESTROYING EVERYDAY BEC;SE OF OUR DESIRE TO REACH THE HIGH ARCHY. A HABITAT IN WHICH WE WERE FORCED TO BE APART OF OR DIE. AND YES WE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT KILL ONE ANOTHER FOR NOTHING ELSE BUT BECAUSE WE DECIDE TO MAKE THAT DECISION. HERE IS THE DILEMMA FOR EVERY LIVING SPECIES. THEIR IS AN ORDER. MY HIGHER POWER AS I CHOOSE TO UNDERSTAND HER IS THAT THERE IS AN ORDER, A FOOD CHAIN SO TO SPEAK. wHY CAN'T WE JUST SETTLE OUR DIFERENCES WITH OUR VOICES; HELL, EVEN OUR FISTS AND PHYSICAL STRENGTH. ATLEAST THEN WE MIGHT LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.
Linda

Lexington, KY

#10 May 21, 2010
BE HONEST wrote:
has anyone interviwed people from JEFF past. He's only 25. Speak with teachers, students, his playmates. Let's find out who this guy behind the badge. I was told by several he was bullied at school. Took this job, to prove to himself he is a tough guy. Yeah you are tough-you killed a man!!!!!! I hope your family is proud of you.
Be Honest,
This is how it goes. This was from the T.V. Series Heroes, "Audrey says to Matt, "Statistically speaking Law Enforcement attracts a certain kind of male personality. Matt replys, "And that is? Audrey replies, "DOGS". Matt then comes back and asks Audrey, "And the type of female it attracts?" Audrey replies, "Bitches.We keep it in the canine family".
jonhson

United States

#11 Oct 3, 2010
That is bad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Dublin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex Store.... (Jan '10) 3 hr Angie 7
Seville squatters Feb 14 Captain Obvious 10
Taking our scratch off lottery ticket out of th... Feb 9 Small Towner in OK 3
Jon Bloodworth Feb 9 Small Towner in OK 6
Kelly and Kellie Wilson Feb 9 Small Towner in OK 3
April Huggins, Drama Queen Feb 9 Small Towner in OK 7
Blake Howard (Oct '14) Jan 25 Bystander 7

East Dublin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance