Cops on a power trip
Justdowhatsrite

Savannah, GA

#21 Nov 3, 2011
Looking4Justice wrote:
Michael milton is a bully and a crooked cop. He harasses people and uses his badge to not help a community but to mistreat others. Its not even just him its most of them. but he is def. the worst. When will there ever be honest police force in soperton??
Have only met deputy Milton once while he was on duty. I stopped at a wreck and helped a young lady get out of her overturned car. She was shaken up but didn't have any physical signs of injury, but I asked her to stay on the ground until ems arrived. When deputy Milton arrived he started shouting at this young lady to come across the ditch, and was very rude when I mentioned that I had asked her to remain still until she could be checked out by the ems workers. I don't know what had happened prior to that, but several people at the scene were very upset at his demenor...I have the utmost respect for anyone that has the task of protecting the public, they are usually under paid, and under appreciated. But good people make mistakes too, and everyone's not out to do harm to others.....Charm School ? No! A little understanding ? Oh Yea !
Fellow Brother In Blue

United States

#22 Nov 4, 2011
Looking4Justice wrote:
<quoted text> You must be a crooked person urself. Not everyone they pull over is on drugs or a horrible criminal. And i can tell you from my own experience that they mistreat anyone they pull over. and i do no drugs and and im no criminal. this is a topic site. We are all apart of this community and can discuss what we want. Why dont you get your head out of these cops ass and come out for air. The lack of oxygen is causing you to say stupid shit.
I see alot of People complaining about this one deputy. Don't complain and run the guy down on here take the matter to the Sheriff and let him have a talk with him. Don't judge the whole crew by ONE PERSON's Attitude thats unfair for the rest of the GOOD GUYS that are trying to make an honest pay check unlike alot of others...don't yah think??? I Believe you treat people the way you wanna be treated and then there is a time when you have to be alil disrespectful because some people thats the only way to get them to understand they are stuburn and hardheaded.
rubberduck

Soperton, GA

#23 Nov 5, 2011
Brantley is Milton's brother in law??? LOL That is priceless, and it makes sense.

They both have that "go to far" attitude.
southgacitizen

Soperton, GA

#24 Nov 5, 2011
Fellow brother in blue ---- I know for a fact complaints have been made, but nothing has been done.
Mavrick

Brookland, AR

#25 Nov 5, 2011
He is just one man .Stop crying like little bitches. You post threads on topix just like that will get something done.Topix is NOT the place too say how you feel.Get his fired or talk to a lawyer about it.Stop being such chicken S&*t people.Stand up for what you think is right!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#26 Nov 6, 2011
Really,
what is it with the spineless people that love to bash the police on topix. If you have a problem why do you get on here? Why not confront the problem head on.
But no that would require someone with a brain. Forgive me for even thinking some of you got a lick of sense.
And I might add that I am an officer and I know from first hand experience what the general public acts like. Some are very courteous some are very rude and mean.
No one likes getting a ticket and then have to pay a fine yet the general public blames us cause we stopped someone or put them in jail for being stupid. Wait that is the normal way of life for some of you.
People are so quick to run down the police. You want to gripe about us till you have some petty assed problem you want fixed 90% of the calls we go on are bull$hit & childish.
Learn responsibility people. But no then that would require y'all to act like responsible adults.
Wow

Palmetto, GA

#27 Nov 6, 2011
the devil himself wrote:
Really,
what is it with the spineless people that love to bash the police on topix. If you have a problem why do you get on here? Why not confront the problem head on.
But no that would require someone with a brain. Forgive me for even thinking some of you got a lick of sense.
And I might add that I am an officer and I know from first hand experience what the general public acts like. Some are very courteous some are very rude and mean.
No one likes getting a ticket and then have to pay a fine yet the general public blames us cause we stopped someone or put them in jail for being stupid. Wait that is the normal way of life for some of you.
People are so quick to run down the police. You want to gripe about us till you have some petty assed problem you want fixed 90% of the calls we go on are bull$hit & childish.
Learn responsibility people. But no then that would require y'all to act like responsible adults.
Real professional. Take a good look y'all. This is what our money is going towards. This officer clearly has contempt for anyone not in law enforcement. Why enter into a profession that requires you to interact with the public if they are so beneath you. It is an attitude like this that has resulted in our society and culture no longer placing value in the role of police officer.

Officer, your primary responsibility is to respond to those bullshit calls. Writing tickets is an ancillary component.

I do agree with you on one point. People shouldn't bash the police. If you have an issue with an officer or if he/she has violated your rights, contact a lawyer, the Sheriff, or the Chief of Police. The police are ultimately accountable to the people whether or not the department heads and officers agree with the fact that their salaries come off the backs of citizens.

If you have been wronged and all you do is get on this website and complain then you have nobody blame if it continues.
Whatever

United States

#28 Nov 8, 2011
Fellow Brother In Blue wrote:
Its amazing how people can critisize for the least lil thing I know the deputies personally and professionally they deal with people you all wouldn't dare mess with. Yeah I agree some people don't have the best manners but that is in everything!!! You have to look with what they have to deal with day after day and the lies they've heard time and time again!!! Yall just set up in your homes and fuss and complain while they are out trying to get drugs and drunks off the street for your saftey and for your children's saftey!!! Just saying!!!!
Ok so where are all the police force every weekend when the bottom and surrounding conveniant stores are flooded with drunks and drug addicts? You can't even get into the stores because they all piled up!!!! At least Wayne Hooks didn't put up with all that BS......the law enforcement here is nothing but a joke....people too dang scared to stand up and do their jobs!! Maybe if they would get their balls out their wives purses then the streets would be cleaner and safer!
southgacitizen

Soperton, GA

#29 Nov 8, 2011
I agree that we should not bash people on the site. However, I do think a healthy debate is necessary and wonderful if possible on the subject of law enforcement. Why not? I think the law should be under more of a spot light since they have the badge and the power. I cannot abide the lame comments of " Oh you must be a crook if you talk about your law officers in a negative light"... That is ridiculous. It is important that people do not feel threatened by their police officers in their town, but protected. What is wrong with that? This is a small town and I think it is a wonderful throw back to the "good ole days" to know your police and feel free to say hello. I welcome a reference to Mayberry and Andy Griffith. To me, that means a clean street and a welcoming home town. A town that feels safe. So bring on the small town labels. However sadly, Soperton has lost that charm in the past few years. I think that is extremely sad. The bully tactic I have seen and heard about does not work in my opinion. People deserve respect. When a cop signs up for this job, they should know this. The majority of the police are excellent and family men. I guess the problem is that one bad apple tends to get noticed and talked about in a big way, especially in a small town.

One thing that I hope a cop will remember --- when you pull over someone - for the most part- good people are nervous because they have been pulled over. They are not use to being peered at with a flash light and stared at in cop mode.... SO - please understand that most people being pulled over are innocent and deserve to be treated that way first and foremost..

Why

United States

#30 Nov 8, 2011
Why is it that the cops today have to have this Bad Boy persona?It only makes them look stupid in most cases.Why not be like Yancey Kemp,Felt Strickland,Mary Ann Carvin and so on.These officers that I just named(Although I know they arent perfect) can pull you over and make you feel bad about what you have done and never raise their voice.You can leave with a ticket and not have a feeling of hate toward that officer,but with a feeling of regret for what you did wrong.Not wanting to strangle some jerk that you know is doing worse things than what he just acted like an idiot toward you about.Why not treat people with respect instead of like they are piece of crap.I think this would work a lot better in the end.
vote

Phenix City, AL

#31 Nov 9, 2011
Sheriff comes up for re-election next summer! Go vote if you want to get rid of these clowns.
yep

Anniston, AL

#32 Nov 11, 2011
Hear theirs gonna be a selection of canidates.
Treutlen Vet

Soperton, GA

#33 Nov 11, 2011
When I was in the Army, if you did so poorly on your ASVAB test that you couldn't even be infantry, they would make you an MP (military police.) My psychologist ex-wife said that the psychological profile of most cops were that they were bullies growing up, and needed the "rush" of dominating the small and weak, and upon adulthood, found the only occupation that allowed them to maintain that "dominant bully" persona was police work.
yep

Anniston, AL

#34 Nov 11, 2011
most were thumped behind ears
DINGER

Soperton, GA

#35 Nov 12, 2011
yep wrote:
Hear theirs gonna be a selection of canidates.
Yep-----you got any names to throw out there---since as you say there is gonna be a selection of canidates. Would be interesting to see who may be available or really interested.
dr fresh

United States

#36 Nov 12, 2011
Treutlen Vet, I call b.s regarding what your ex-wife told you. I have been in the field of psychology for 20 years and there is no such study supporting that diagnosis. There are people with personality disorders in all careers and all walks of life including military service.

You obviously have an ax to grind with people in authority and that is something you need to work out. Painting people or mental disorders with a broad brush is neither scientific nor honest.

By the way, thank you for your service.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#37 Nov 12, 2011
Treutlen Vet wrote:
When I was in the Army, if you did so poorly on your ASVAB test that you couldn't even be infantry, they would make you an MP (military police.) My psychologist ex-wife said that the psychological profile of most cops were that they were bullies growing up, and needed the "rush" of dominating the small and weak, and upon adulthood, found the only occupation that allowed them to maintain that "dominant bully" persona was police work.
Sir I disagree with your assessment. This may apply to a limited few but not all.
Ga Cop

Albany, GA

#38 Nov 13, 2011
I laugh at the post of Treutlen Vet... I only scored a 91 on the ASVAB test and have multiple college degrees while on the national dean's list. I have been in law enforcement for nearly 20 years. I reckon I bust open that profile.oops.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#39 Nov 15, 2011
southgacitizen wrote:
Fellow brother in blue ---- I know for a fact complaints have been made, but nothing has been done.
Most people do not have any documentation or evidence when they complain, they just want to have diarrhea of the mouth and hope the officer gets in trouble. Neither the Sheriff nor the Chief will discipline an officer based on one person's word agianst the other. You must have evidence, just like in an arrest.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#40 Nov 15, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with what this officer has said, or how he said it. You've got a bunch of yahoos on this site, bashing ALL cops for the actions of a few and the cops have had enough! Didn't you read anything before his comment in this thread? If you people went to the Sheriff or Chief with your complaints AND your praise a lot more often, you'd have better officers with better atitudes. Naw, y'all just want to sit back and bitch with your heads in the sand , hoping the problem goes away. Useless...(No, I'm not a cop)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Dublin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gillis Family (Jan '08) 21 hr Judy Berman 37
News Corbin, Hooks Set for Run-off in Treutlen Count... (Jul '08) May 20 gail nunn 380
Fattest Females of Wilcox May 17 beenthere 6
marylou May 15 Toby 3
Tired of these nasty comments/ Slander May 14 Get even 1
Steven Owens (Oct '14) May 13 Sad 17
Courtney May 11 Candace 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Dublin Mortgages