Police: Couple who hid 5 children a c...

Police: Couple who hid 5 children a complex case

There are 48 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Nov 8, 2010, titled Police: Couple who hid 5 children a complex case. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A couple is accused of hiding their five children -- ranging in age of about 2 to 13 -- for years in a York home that had no electric, heat, water or functioning toilet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
happy morning f rom me

Lock Haven, PA

#2 Nov 9, 2010
ignorance shows its ugly head again.
Wise Guy Eh

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Nov 9, 2010
Varments
Donna

York, PA

#4 Nov 9, 2010
Hidden in plain sight!

This will add York to nightly network news in a bad way. Shame on social services for overlooking this abuse of children.
Donna

York, PA

#5 Nov 9, 2010
...some social workers need to be fired because of this.
Thurgood

York, PA

#6 Nov 9, 2010
Trying to follow the timeline on this story is so convoluted the editors should be ashamed. The couple fled the house last year(2009) and are found in a motel this year in September 2010. The other related story gives an indication that the power was cut off in 2004. Although he is not convicted until 2006. Children and youth go to the home in 2007 and in 2009(when they fled) did not someone from children and youth notice that the power was off? JESSIE & SHANDRA PEARSAL own the property, did someone try to contact them and find out why someone was living in their house without having utilities functioning?

Was anyone actually interviewed for the story except the person who stated it took a long time to get information from the utility company(I guess phones don't work in their department). After they fled with the kids, who cares about the utilities?

Please give the readers more than this jumbled nonsense?

P.S. Why were all the William Penn students standing in Penn Park yesterday afternoon and traffic routed away from the school by adults?
For Real For Real

York, PA

#7 Nov 9, 2010
Wow, the authorities have know about this travesty since 2003 (seven plus years) and they did not think they had probable cause to proceed with a search of the home. You have got to be kidding me! If I were to get pulled over by the law and had a hint of weed on me,(real or imagined) my vehicle would be impounded and thorn apart and I would be in line for a full body cavity search. I wonder if anyone really cares about what's happening on South Duke street and for that matter why should they!
thetruthsetsyouf ree

Waterloo, Canada

#8 Nov 9, 2010
Mom was a missing person since the 90's?
Nice real nice
YEAH

Dover, PA

#9 Nov 9, 2010
ewwww. they look gross.
Hum

AOL

#10 Nov 9, 2010
OMG
nancy

York, PA

#12 Nov 9, 2010
this is just sick an eye for a eye lock those two nuts up for years just like they did with these kids dont feed them dont give them anything but a bullet between their eyes.
former East Berliner

Mount Wolf, PA

#13 Nov 9, 2010
Another shining example of our wonderful Children and Youth services. Having dealt with them in trying to help a child in need and getting no help whatsoever, this really doesn't surprise me. Very very sad!
nancy

York, PA

#14 Nov 9, 2010
children and youth what a joke they tear families apart who makes them right anyway.when needed they dont do the job their supposed to do anyway half of those workers dont even have kids so who are they to tell you how to raise your kids what a joke.
mayday

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#15 Nov 9, 2010
Did I read this article correctly? It states that the children are "catching up" with their education. They have been neglected in a house unfit for habitation, never attended school, no health care and the article reports they are "catching up" with their education. What sort of accelerated educational program are they attending?
mom of two

Moorestown, NJ

#16 Nov 9, 2010
She is the missing girl! He actually took her back then and kept her all these years. Thats why she has always worn the fabric over her face, so nobody would notice her.
Donna

York, PA

#17 Nov 9, 2010
http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/bowersloua...

Louann Emma Bowers reported as missing June 1993, at age 16, but reportedly found in 1999, age 22.

Looks like she is still wearing the same pair of glasses that she wore in the missing persons photo at 16, and now she's 33.

My guess is that her 13 year old child is actually about 16. Children often look younger if nutritionally deprived.

In 1993, she left a note/told friends that she was running away to get married. If she "hooked up" with Johnson at that time, he would have been about 28.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolv...
Donna

York, PA

#18 Nov 9, 2010
correction: Found July 2009
WTF

Camp Hill, PA

#19 Nov 9, 2010
mom of two wrote:
She is the missing girl! He actually took her back then and kept her all these years. Thats why she has always worn the fabric over her face, so nobody would notice her.
What?

Since: Oct 09

York, PA

#21 Nov 9, 2010
Unbelievable .
These poor children could have been saved from these people years ago .
Criminal neglect on CYS . They knock , no answer , case unfounded ?
Some serious changes need to be made at that agency and heads should roll .
Great job Officer . Your the Hero of this story and you saved these children in so many ways .
wickedfan

Hanover, PA

#22 Nov 9, 2010
Please!!!! Someone call Nancy Grace right away!!!!
Sad

York, PA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
Children and youth at their best....Our kids today are so brain washed into thinking if they get a little spanking their parents will be locked up....but these poor children lived this way for all these years. Something is not right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Leer Sep 6 Ford Mercury 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Aug '17 Michael S 113
Video dover, York pa I remember when...by model... Jul '17 Modeljoanie 1
News Cracking down on 'illegal immigration,' not a v... Jul '17 spytheweb 1
News To march or not? Some women are staying away be... (Jan '17) Jun '17 TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP 2
News evolution wars that culminated Jun '17 Nemesis 1
Love me anti aging cream reviews (Oct '16) May '17 Bucuh 2

East Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Berlin Mortgages