Former real estate agent charged with...

Former real estate agent charged with theft, fraud

There are 44 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Nov 5, 2010, titled Former real estate agent charged with theft, fraud. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A former East Berlin real estate agent faces theft and fraud charges for allegedly stealing a deposit from the grandmother of a prospective homeowner, West Manchester Police said in a news release Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Al X Trebek

York, PA

#1 Nov 5, 2010
A lot of realtors should be facing fraud charges for encouraging home purchases that people could not afford, inflating future home value estimates, and lying about "There's never been a better time to buy."
NNN

East Berlin, PA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
I agree, realtors and mortgage representatives should be running for the hills. The can't plead ignorance because it is their jobs to know what their clients can afford. Some of them will say anything to make a sale work. They are not all bad but most of them are.
A No No

Jersey Shore, PA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
No help for people that are so stupid! Giving a blank check to ANYONE!
just me

York, PA

#4 Nov 6, 2010
This piece of crap is not an East Berlin resident, try Lake Meade! They need their own address. They are the ones who have residents who think they are something they are not and have to steal to pay their over inflated fortress taxes!
Obama 3

East Berlin, PA

#5 Nov 6, 2010
just me wrote:
This piece of crap is not an East Berlin resident, try Lake Meade! They need their own address. They are the ones who have residents who think they are something they are not and have to steal to pay their over inflated fortress taxes!
You means hi fallutin' honkey
Dr Zaes

York, PA

#6 Nov 6, 2010
Real estate agents weren't the cause of the housing crisis. Try Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Encouraging, no mandating, that mortgages be granted to people with no ability to repay the loans was the cause of the problem. You know, supply and demand. Granting mortgages for more than the appraisal price of the house, no doc loans, etc. How else could this have ended? When the government sticks its nose into business it provides incentives for people to make bad decisions; decisions they would not have made otherwise.
Star

Westminster, MD

#7 Nov 6, 2010
WOW! You can't even trust them. Seems like this is the way of life for some. What are they thinking that they are not going to get caught? And even if they didn't get caught they will still have to pay in the end! You can't fool the man up above! Hope she gets what she deserves! HARD TIME in the slammer!
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

#8 Nov 6, 2010
Dr Zaes wrote:
Real estate agents weren't the cause of the housing crisis. Try Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Encouraging, no mandating, that mortgages be granted to people with no ability to repay the loans was the cause of the problem. You know, supply and demand. Granting mortgages for more than the appraisal price of the house, no doc loans, etc. How else could this have ended? When the government sticks its nose into business it provides incentives for people to make bad decisions; decisions they would not have made otherwise.
You have NO idea what you're talking about. Try Greenspan & the Bush administration being the ones who encouraged home buying for ANYONE & EVERYONE! 100% financing became the rule rather than the exception under the Bush administration with little or no money down. I remember and listened to both Bush and Greenspan spew their gift of “EVERYONE” can buy a home and realize the “American dream”! Telling the sheep they don’t need any money only a REALTOR and a pen. They both talked about the unconventional loan that anyone could apply for that would enable you to purchase a home (you know the loans that are now in foreclosure, adjustable rate loans, and 3-5 year arm loans). Most people had no clue what they were doing but because their President said it was a “good thing” they purchased a home they would not be able to afford when the plug was pulled in the housing bubble. In almost every situation these people would NEVER have been able to purchase a home under normal circumstances. Does anyone have any idea the TRILLION of dollars that were made on the home buyers of this country? Do we even care? I know I do! Yes REALTORS made their fair share but the banks and Wall Street got the prize, TRILLIONS of dollars, and who do you think owns the banks and Wall Street?

Any Realtor involved in these kinds of loans knew they were not the kind of loans buyers should be using to purchase a residential property. So REALTORS are also responsible. The smart and honest REALTOR knows a buyer should almost ALWAYS use a 30 year fixed conventional loan to purchase a residential property with at least a 20% down payment. There are a few exceptions to this rule. There are also FHA loans that require a lot less down payment money and are okay to use but who do you think pays for them?

Americans being Americans wanting something for nothing or wanting it right NOW; that is, not working for it or earning it the way our parents and grandparents had to through hard work drank the Bush/Greenspan cool-aid (yep they were pouring the drink also) and now find themselves in financial ruin! They too are responsible for their selfishness!

As far as REALTORS being honest or dishonest, there’s a still few good men. But only a few.
Donna-just my thoughts

York, PA

#9 Nov 6, 2010
While there maybe a few "bad apple" Realtors out there, I can positively say thats not the norm. In the hayday (now as well), I would sit down with new clients and ask them while I looked in their eyes " You qualify for this home but are you comfortable with this payment?". My job is to guide clients not to make their finacial decision. Most of us, Realtors,were beat up for this housing nightmare yet supply & demand dictated pricing.The new appraisal laws hopefully will help- I never understood why it was legal for a lender "to be in bed" with the appraisor-hence the incentives for a buyer to use a builder's lender & appraisor. Now of course, lenders must use a pool of appraisers. That foolish agent is not the norm- her actions make her a criminal-that should be prosecuted. I'm sure the "victim" will get their money back.
Traci

Lancaster, PA

#11 Nov 6, 2010
whoever wrote this is an ignorant person! I live in the lake and this article involvolves my daughter so F U you are complaining about Lake people and you probably don't een own a home! Give your real name why don't you???
just me wrote:
Native Son

East Berlin, PA

#12 Nov 6, 2010
Traci wrote:
whoever wrote this is an ignorant person! I live in the lake and this article involvolves my daughter so F U you are complaining about Lake people and you probably don't een own a home! Give your real name why don't you???<quoted text>
WOW! Do you really live "in the lake"? Just for the record, I do own a home and my question to Mommy Dearest is did your daughter break the law? Once? Twice? Thrice or is that to be determined in court? Restitution made? In full? Depositing money in a personal account? How do you feel about everyone being responsible for their actions and being held accountable for those actions?
just me

York, PA

#13 Nov 6, 2010
Traci wrote:
whoever wrote this is an ignorant person! I live in the lake and this article involvolves my daughter so F U you are complaining about Lake people and you probably don't een own a home! Give your real name why don't you???<quoted text>
Well If this is your daughter you should be ashamed for raising this piece of crap! Better watch out she is stealing from you right now, wanta be
Totellthe truth

York, PA

#14 Nov 6, 2010
Traci wrote:
I know Michelle personally and who her parents are....and sorry if it is really you mom...your name is not Traci. I know parents and sybling names.. R & R Jr. Sta, oh yes husband and kids name...and yours...when you don't give real your name don't expect the others to do the same. Oh when did you move to the lake...Shelly moved there in the 80's when she had her log home built...you and hubby were still living in Dover, PA.

I know you must be hurt and upset with Shelly. I was rather surprised myself and her former coworkers. I do pray for your family though and Shelly's children. She really was a nice person to have worked with and I don't know what could have drove her to this measure. I know both you and R Sr raised all three of your children the right way and you love all your grandchildren. And you would have been there to help Shelly if she needed it. Your greatest support to her will be needed in the judicial system and not on her with these bloggers.
Sister Carol

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Nov 6, 2010
All these hard working, tax paying, honest people have been Robbed of their money, and Mom uses the worst possible profanity on a public Forum. What a nice Family! You SHOULD be Ashamed of yourselves ! Can you even comprehend the stress, time and money these folks are enduring ??? Lord forgive you.
Sister Carol

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Nov 6, 2010
Dear Fed Up. To answer your Question, NO, most people don't know all that information, that's why they trust the Professional Realtor to guide them through the process, and advise them! Not EVERYBODY is greedy and evil !! And how can you fault a loving Grand Parent for helping their loved one purchase their own Home and not waste their money on "Rent" ? Forgive me Jesus.
R Rutherford

York, PA

#17 Nov 7, 2010
Traci wrote:
You so
DUMB! What is an "involvolves"? Are you trying to say Volvo the
car? Where do you get it serviced?
We are sitting here LAUGHING at YOU! You so DUMB!
R Rutherford

York, PA

#18 Nov 7, 2010
And, you say you "live in the lake"?
So, you're DUMB and all WET too?
We can't stop laughing at YOU!
You need a mental health clinic, then
walk to Goodwill and get yourself some
nice clothes.
Bahahahahaha!!!!

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#19 Nov 7, 2010
Totellthe truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Michelle personally and who her parents are....and sorry if it is really you mom...your name is not Traci. I know parents and sybling names.. R & R Jr. Sta, oh yes husband and kids name...and yours...when you don't give real your name don't expect the others to do the same. Oh when did you move to the lake...Shelly moved there in the 80's when she had her log home built...you and hubby were still living in Dover, PA.
I know you must be hurt and upset with Shelly. I was rather surprised myself and her former coworkers. I do pray for your family though and Shelly's children. She really was a nice person to have worked with and I don't know what could have drove her to this measure. I know both you and R Sr raised all three of your children the right way and you love all your grandchildren. And you would have been there to help Shelly if she needed it. Your greatest support to her will be needed in the judicial system and not on her with these bloggers.
how sympothetic of you to right such a nice letter in a public forum.

York, PA

#20 Nov 7, 2010
Totellthe truth wrote:
<quoted text>
how sympothetic of you to right such a nice letter in a public forum. i'm sure publicly stating that you will pray for for those involved needed to be made public and will make everything okay.
for crying out loud, you won't help people by posting on here. go see them and talk with them. maybe write them a letter. ask what they need.

York, PA

#21 Nov 7, 2010
also pray for my spelling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Humphreys (Aug '15) Jul 21 Kkataria 21
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jul 14 man bull 77
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
increase bust naturally proven results with raw... Apr '16 modeljoanie 1
News Boyfriend may have taken missing Gettysburg tee... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Davenport 22
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
folks that care in dover pa Feb '16 Beth ott 1

East Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Berlin Mortgages