Hake's Grocery on Carlisle Road is closed

Full story: InYork 105
Hake's Grocery on Carlisle Road in Dover Township has closed down, said Ricky Hake, president of the company, on Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DARK STAR

Mount Wolf, PA

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Don't close the one on Canal Road ! We would be In big trouble.

“The Horse Stops Here”

Since: May 08

Littlestown,Pa

#2 Feb 2, 2010
A family issue? Probably fighting about who is in charge.
This is good

York, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2010
Heard one brother illegally leased the store to some Indian guy then took the money and left the country to live with a mail order bride. Guess that could be a family issue....
Pretty late

United States

#4 Feb 2, 2010
for this breaking news seeing that the store has been closed for three weeks now.

It sucks for the pizza shop that is there. When the store closed down they shut-off the outsdie lights with it.

Rumor has it they are going to sell it to the Arab dude that purchased the gas station in Rossville.
Daniel

York, PA

#5 Feb 2, 2010
I see the buildings torn down and either Rutters or Sheetz moving in.
Cumlord

Flushing, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Prob cuz it got robbed the other day and they lost all there money!!! Or they robbed it themselves to get insurance money then close down!!!
TooHilarious

York, PA

#7 Feb 2, 2010
Daniel wrote:
I see the buildings torn down and either Rutters or Sheetz moving in.
This will Never Happen while there is a flashing light in operation there.
And honestly there just is not enough traffic to support a Rutters or Sheetz, unless more people move in from York city. Alot more
midget

Red Lion, PA

#8 Feb 2, 2010
probably had another KKK rally to attend
Diana

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 2, 2010
Have u ever been in there, this place was such a dump i'm so glad they shut it down. I say burn it to the ground and build a sheetz there.
steve

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Feb 2, 2010
Well there goes another one of our local places, sure the gas wasn't cheap and there products weren't cheap but still it was a local place unlike your rutters and sheetz.

“The Horse Stops Here”

Since: May 08

Littlestown,Pa

#11 Feb 2, 2010
Diana wrote:
Have u ever been in there, this place was such a dump i'm so glad they shut it down. I say burn it to the ground and build a sheetz there.
No Sheetz we need a WaWa
TooHilarious

York, PA

#12 Feb 2, 2010
Local?
Rutters is a York County company, Sheetz is based in Altoona, PA
Bill

York, PA

#13 Feb 2, 2010
John Waynes Horse wrote:
<quoted text>No Sheetz we need a WaWa
WaWa is much better than Sheetz and Rutters combined.
BRING WAWA to YORK AND DOVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!
No one knows

York, PA

#14 Feb 2, 2010
This is good wrote:
Heard one brother illegally leased the store to some Indian guy then took the money and left the country to live with a mail order bride. Guess that could be a family issue....
Your about the only that makes sense on here.

This was the store that got robbed, get your story straight.
**I hope the Cafferos takes over the whole building. They have good food and good customer service.**
hake jones

Dover, PA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
This is good wrote:
Ever been to that guys store up the road, he loves to rip people off with his high prices and even trying to charge people to use his restroom. I took a leak outside in his parking lot because of it. The hake store should become a used car dealer like the rest of the county. Beat up broken down cars fit this place very well.
steve

Dover, PA

#16 Feb 2, 2010
Thats not cool man, this family has given alot to the area over the years.
REX

Lemont, IL

#17 Feb 2, 2010
Agreed...I don't know any family that
works as hard as these folks do.
I've known them for over 25 years.
By the way idiot ask anyone who sells gas
theres no margin in it...many stores actually
lose money to sell gas...For many they are
lucky to make a nickel profit on a gallon
of gas. So you think someone selling a product
at or near cost is ripping somebody off? Get
a life.
local dad

York, PA

#18 Feb 2, 2010
This is good wrote:
Possibly in your family, not theirs. They are good people!!! Obviously, with scruples!
local dad

York, PA

#19 Feb 2, 2010
TooHilarious wrote:
<quoted text>
This will Never Happen while there is a flashing light in operation there.
And honestly there just is not enough traffic to support a Rutters or Sheetz, unless more people move in from York city. Alot more
WELL HONESTLY, LET THE PEOPLE IN YORK! IT IS NICE, PEACEFUL AND QUIET! NO GUN SHOTS, STABBINGS, OR MURDERS! No area is perfect, but it as good as things get!
local dad

York, PA

#20 Feb 2, 2010
Diana wrote:
Honey, alot of people prefer the DUMP you speak about! Maybe your way to high class for us... Bye, SEE YA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Wed bleuone 23
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Oct 27 overprivileged am... 53
Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct 27 Anonymous 39
Adams County man charged with sexually assaulti... Oct 27 Just a thought 5
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Oct 21 Steviewonders 32
Police: Former Bermudian Springs teacher arrest... Oct 17 Sara F 2
dover halloween parade 2014, sunday oct 5 at 3 pm! Oct 13 Halloweenie 2
East Berlin Dating
Find my Match

East Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Berlin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Berlin

Personal Finance