Mother wants to be reunited with chil...

Mother wants to be reunited with children, raise them without husband

There are 90 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Mother wants to be reunited with children, raise them without husband. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Louann Emma Bowers is working toward getting her children back, her attorney, Ronald Gross, said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Brian

Massapequa Park, NY

#82 Nov 28, 2010
No way she gets her kids back.

There are some people who are simply incapable of raising children.

This is definitely one of these cases.
what

Felton, PA

#83 Nov 29, 2010
Past Time wrote:
You folks are aware that more and more folks are living "off the grid"...right?
Light/heat from the "electric company", water from the "water company" and food from the "grocery store" are not exactly "necessities" for all of us.
I'm 99.9% sure that this mother and father are NOT homesteaders, or survivalists or preppers, or any other type of "off the grid" loving-folks, but to assume that one NEEDS electricity, city water and a grocery store to sustain a fulfilling, healthy life-style is just silly and short-sighted.
Aside from that, I pray these kids are able to find a place in this world where they feel safe, loved and cared for.
And you live in your home with no running water, lights or heat. You live catching rain through a hole in the roof to flush your toilet. To live in the cold with vermin and no bed or bedding. Now what are YOUR necessities until you are without them.Oh please. Such a simple minded comment.
yahda

West Des Moines, IA

#84 Nov 29, 2010
Man in Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the fact they are living in a building deems unsafe for human habitation? Notice the big fire X in the picture? That is to let the firefighters know that the structure is unsafe BEFORE the fire. No matter how anyone wants to live, having the children living in a unsafe structure is endangerment.
It wasn't condemned until after they left, which means they weren't living it after it was condemned.
yahda

West Des Moines, IA

#85 Nov 29, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>And you live in your home with no running water, lights or heat. You live catching rain through a hole in the roof to flush your toilet. To live in the cold with vermin and no bed or bedding. Now what are YOUR necessities until you are without them.Oh please. Such a simple minded comment.
You know they did have electricity up till 2004. The electricity at the house was turned off for nonpayment. Johnson apparently then tried to hook it up, and that is one of the charges against him. He was ordered to pay restitution.

So tell me,since the government was aware they had no electricity at the house, and if they did not have the money to pay for it, why were they not provided assistance at the time. Especially since the first tip children were at the address was in 2003.
hmm

Gainesville, VA

#86 Nov 29, 2010
Why is the government NOT aware of baby mama's having baby daddies living in section 8, not married, getting lots of food stamps? Because it is a bigger problem than was ever imagined!
Tony

Mount Laurel, NJ

#87 Nov 29, 2010
Does anyone have room to provide living arrangement for this woman and her kids?
heh

Philadelphia, PA

#88 Nov 30, 2010
This is a wonderful example of what York is known best for!
hmm

Gainesville, VA

#89 Dec 1, 2010
Dang...It is like that show, "I didn't know I was pregnant and had a baby in prison."
Past Time

Frederick, MD

#90 Dec 1, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>And you live in your home with no running water, lights or heat. You live catching rain through a hole in the roof to flush your toilet. To live in the cold with vermin and no bed or bedding. Now what are YOUR necessities until you are without them.Oh please. Such a simple minded comment.
I didn't say that I, personally lived off the grid, I simply stated that SOME do so, quite handily and happily even.

Many American NECESSITIES are LUXURIES to most of the world, but obviously your world-view is limited by inexperience and ignorance.

Not simple-minded, OPEN-MINDED.

Dolt.
wow

Gainesville, VA

#91 Dec 2, 2010
So, these kids had no diapers? It is so sick and twisted yet so interesting but so many unanswered questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love me anti aging cream reviews (Oct '16) May 19 Bucuh 2
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) May 11 DANABOO 104
News Adams County woman charged in fatal shooting of... Apr 28 Jitterbug 1
News To march or not? Some women are staying away be... Jan '17 SallyMarch 1
News Did colonial courthouse windows end up in the D... Jan '17 Gofigure 1
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Dec '16 Generation Wuss 4
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9

East Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Berlin Mortgages