'Dead' woman charged in 5 kids case c...

'Dead' woman charged in 5 kids case could make claim on will

There are 40 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 11, 2010, titled 'Dead' woman charged in 5 kids case could make claim on will. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Louann Bowers has been dead since June 1993 -- at least according to a court of law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
voice from the past

York, PA

#21 Nov 21, 2010
Why and who has found this necessary to bring up now? This girl left her family on her own accord. She did not do anything to contact them or let them know she was alive. Now someone digs into her past and says that her family owes her an inheritence that she didn't seem to care about. Sinuhae was married to her aunt and they were helped many times by LouAnn's family. Her family was paid back by him talking their daughter into leaving them. They both denied repeatedly knowing anything about LouAnn. I know her parents tried to find her many times. As far as her home life being worse than how she was living now, her folks gave her a roof over her head, food in her belly, clothes on her back and yes, they did love her. Maybe it wasn't the best of the world but she went into a far worse life after leaving her home. It sounds like a Lawyer has gotten his fingers into the pie and is going to push this. As far as LouAnn getting her fair share she gave up that right when she disowned her family and disappearred into the night with Mr. Johnson.
wickedfan

Hanover, PA

#22 Nov 21, 2010
voice from the past wrote:
Why and who has found this necessary to bring up now? This girl left her family on her own accord. She did not do anything to contact them or let them know she was alive. Now someone digs into her past and says that her family owes her an inheritence that she didn't seem to care about. Sinuhae was married to her aunt and they were helped many times by LouAnn's family. Her family was paid back by him talking their daughter into leaving them. They both denied repeatedly knowing anything about LouAnn. I know her parents tried to find her many times. As far as her home life being worse than how she was living now, her folks gave her a roof over her head, food in her belly, clothes on her back and yes, they did love her. Maybe it wasn't the best of the world but she went into a far worse life after leaving her home. It sounds like a Lawyer has gotten his fingers into the pie and is going to push this. As far as LouAnn getting her fair share she gave up that right when she disowned her family and disappearred into the night with Mr. Johnson.
Has her family tried to see her? What family members are alive?
concerned

Westminster, MD

#23 Nov 21, 2010
I know some of her family members and they are decent. Just because her grandparents had property doesn't mean they had money her father was a working man taking care of his family which is more than she did.
AAD

York, PA

#24 Nov 22, 2010
split the money between the children they deserve it the most!
wickedfan

Hanover, PA

#25 Nov 22, 2010
AAD wrote:
Yes, a lawyer should be trying to get that money for the children. It now makes sense why her family isn't speaking up. They probably don't want to share that money.
AndreaU88

Hacienda Heights, CA

#26 Nov 22, 2010
Considering she screwed the lives of 5 kids, she doesn't deserve a penny.
AndreaU88

Hacienda Heights, CA

#27 Nov 22, 2010
AAD wrote:
Oh, please - the lawyer will scam most of the cash for himself.
concerned

Westminster, MD

#28 Nov 22, 2010
AndreaU88 is right the lawyer will get mostof the money and the state will get the rest these kids will be left with the stigma and personal issues brought about by a selfish woman who never once gave her family the common courtesy and peace of
mind to let them know she was alive all these years but now some lawyer wants what she threw away
leave her family alone they don't deserve the critism some have put on them put the blame where it belongs on Johnson and her
Philip McStevens

Manassas, VA

#29 Nov 23, 2010
It's becoming harder and harder to find a good prostitute anymore. Hopefully, one of the kids learned enough to make a decent living at it. I will help all I can...
sad but true

York, PA

#30 Nov 24, 2010
Bonniangels wrote:
I say build a 'Trust Fund' for the children to receive at their legal age of 18 that will go for higher education . And for now educate them and raise them in the safety and security of loving homes . This money can fund them a better education for a brighter future . They deserve compensation for the horrible way they were forced to live .
Just one question ?
Has this extended family tried to contact or take custody of these children ?
If I had Grandchildren needing a home I'd be there before a heart beat . No way would I just allow the State to place them outside the family .
YEAH AS FOR THE FAMILY THEY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON ,
Aad

Aurora, CO

#31 Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, this was her much older uncle by marriage that she 'ran away' with. I wouldn't be shocked if the oldest wasn't a couple of years older than she is saying. Getting your 16 year old niece pregnant is a great incentive to leave town. It is quite possible that this man used his religious beliefs and intimidation to control her and her children. Then once the law catches up with them he splits.
MEnYOU

Manheim, PA

#32 Nov 29, 2010
The "mother" of these children should not receive a penny. She didn't want to be found all those years; therefore, she gave up her inheritance. If for some reason the courts decide she is entitled to the money, then the money should go to the state for the therapy that these children will need for their lifetime and for the education and medical needs that they need. Those children deserve the money far more than her. She proved she can live without a decent home and normal lifestyle.
Mark

York, PA

#33 Nov 29, 2010
They spent all her money. Greedy bastards. Should have been sent to state unclaimed property.
Lisa

York, PA

#34 Nov 29, 2010
It's her money, give it to her. It was willed to her fair and square.
1-877-CASH NOW

York, PA

#35 Nov 29, 2010
She should call JG Wentworth if she needs her cash now!!
Trina

Norristown, PA

#36 Nov 29, 2010
If the girl was dead, then the money should have gone to her "heirs" who are firstly her children. The rest of the family signed something that said they needed to make it right if there was a mistake. The kids didn't try to hide their existence and didn't run away. They are entitled to the money even if their mom is not. Child protective services had received phone calls as far back as 2003, so the kids should have been discovered then.
Wondering

York, PA

#37 Nov 29, 2010
I wonder how many babies died with these people that no one will ever know about. I say she is legally dead and has no rights. Figures a sick lawyer would be looking for a angle to make some money off this
Real Deal

Stewartstown, PA

#38 Nov 29, 2010
I feel like this is a Lifetime movie....it should be...things just keep unfolding. So hard to believe and so sad for those kiddos.
soccerdad1150

Newark, DE

#39 Nov 29, 2010
unbelievable. This is a clear case of Muslim women abuse. In the Philly.com story, they said she answered the door, when she was found, wearing a veil. But no where in this story, or any other I've read, do they mention anything about this. ARE YOU KIDDING me???? Has the political correctness reached small town America too??? If a York PA paper won't comment or tell the truth, we are doomed. Go ahead, bash me, but in time, you'll see that I'm right.(this comment will probably not see the light of day, or will be immediately deleted.) TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!!
Sad

York, PA

#40 Dec 21, 2010
Real Deal wrote:
I feel like this is a Lifetime movie....it should be...things just keep unfolding. So hard to believe and so sad for those kiddos.
No...not lifetime. More like Jerry springer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Dec 6 Philly Landlord 91
Is Testerone XL good for building muscle? Oct '16 Nerie 1
Skin whitening G4M glutathione for men celebrities Oct '16 Nikko 1
Love me anti aging cream reviews Oct '16 Laine 1
Kevin Bell Oct '16 Where is he 4
increase bust naturally proven results with raw... (Apr '16) Sep '16 just axing 2
Jessica Humphreys (Aug '15) Sep '16 MJ popcorn meme 24

East Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

East Berlin Mortgages