'Dead' woman charged in 5 kids case could make claim on will

Louann Bowers has been dead since June 1993 -- at least according to a court of law. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pam

York, PA

#1 Nov 21, 2010
even tho they did not have schooling or was kept from medical treatment they are still alive someone was taken care of them,in their own way, i don't understand
is where did they get money to buy food they sure had to eat or did on of them work?
Concerned

York, PA

#2 Nov 21, 2010
The neighbors said that Sinhue Johnson collecting recycling to turn it in for money was a common sight, he had a criminal record and was legally alive and kicking, so he could go where he wanted and could do what he wanted, including get jobs or apply for assistance.
Ron from Dover

York, PA

#3 Nov 21, 2010
If she is beaten up in prison, could someone be charge with abuse of a corpse?

If she is dead, how can she be charged with a crime?
a thought

York, PA

#4 Nov 21, 2010
protest the will and devide money amoung children for pain and suffering all these years
reed0126

York, PA

#5 Nov 21, 2010
pam wrote:
even tho they did not have schooling or was kept from medical treatment they are still alive someone was taken care of them,in their own way, i don't understand
is where did they get money to buy food they sure had to eat or did on of them work?
You consider how those kids were living and what they were living as being taken care of?!?!

Since: Oct 09

York, PA

#6 Nov 21, 2010
I say build a 'Trust Fund' for the children to receive at their legal age of 18 that will go for higher education . And for now educate them and raise them in the safety and security of loving homes . This money can fund them a better education for a brighter future . They deserve compensation for the horrible way they were forced to live .
Just one question ?
Has this extended family tried to contact or take custody of these children ?
If I had Grandchildren needing a home I'd be there before a heart beat . No way would I just allow the State to place them outside the family .

Since: Oct 09

York, PA

#7 Nov 21, 2010
a thought wrote:
protest the will and devide money amoung children for pain and suffering all these years
I completely agree with you .
Advocate

Lancaster, PA

#8 Nov 21, 2010
reed0126 wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider how those kids were living and what they were living as being taken care of?!?!
Louann Bowers evidently considered this superior to her own upbringing as a child. Makes one wonder what she went through before her "disappearance".
Whatever

York, PA

#9 Nov 21, 2010
Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Louann Bowers evidently considered this superior to her own upbringing as a child. Makes one wonder what she went through before her "disappearance".
It's very sad I was thinking the same thing..
Ugh

AOL

#10 Nov 21, 2010
If her upbringing was so bad, how at 16 had she been worth almost $100,000?
ugh duh

Camp Hill, PA

#11 Nov 21, 2010
Ugh wrote:
If her upbringing was so bad, how at 16 had she been worth almost $100,000?
Please tell me you are kidding..... Money dosen't mean a thing you tard.
NNN

York, PA

#12 Nov 21, 2010
If she gets anything from the will it should go to the County/state for the costs involved in this case. The same with any other crimminals anything they inherit should be attached for reinbursement to the City/County or State for their costs.
mitch

Red Lion, PA

#13 Nov 21, 2010
I have to say, if she has been gone all these years, then it is real that she did not want to be found, and as far as being listed dead , its seems to me she didnt care if anyone found her or the pain she caused people who loved her and was looking for her, as far as any money, it should all go to the children not her, for they are the real ones who have suffered and dissapeared with out there own cauce, may god bless these children and may the courts prevail with true justice on this one
Parent

Carlisle, PA

#14 Nov 21, 2010
Putting the money in trust for the children or using it for court costs both make sense - the problem is you can't get blood from a stone. I'll bet that the other family members who split the inheritance spent it long ago. Though legally they may have to pay it back, doing so may be difficult or nearly impossibly for them.
luckygirl

Street, MD

#15 Nov 21, 2010
I don't think the family members should be responsible for the money. They did all they could to find her and that is not their fault.After 10 years don't you think they did enough searching? She did not want to be found. As for the children I hope they find loving homes to go to.
riversong

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Nov 21, 2010
Give her share..or at least put it aside for her children to reciebe when they are of age.
Timeline

Lancaster, PA

#17 Nov 21, 2010
luckygirl wrote:
I don't think the family members should be responsible for the money. They did all they could to find her and that is not their fault.After 10 years don't you think they did enough searching? She did not want to be found. As for the children I hope they find loving homes to go to.
The money was disbursed in 2008 she was "found" on June 9, 2009. According to the criminal complaint, Children and Youth Services had received information in 2003 and 2007 that Johnson and Bowers had numerous children living in their home in the 700 block of South Duke Street, but in both cases authorities were unable to determine if the children existed because Johnson refused to cooperate.

Following a tip from a family member who had seen the children, investigators went to the home again in 2009 but found Johnson had fled and vacated the house, which was condemned by fire officials before Children and Youth Services could determine whether the children existed, the court document states.

So apparently some family members were aware that Louann was alive and where she was living with her children and let the declaration of her death stand..... Collected her share of the inheritance and spent it? This story gets more convoluted by the day.
Concerned

York, PA

#18 Nov 21, 2010
There is a similar case in my own family, I am next of kin but I refused to have my half-sister declared dead as she had little kids and it just didn't seem right, looks like that was the right decision after all. If they didn't set aside that money they should cough it up now, sounds like there was plenty to go around.
Ugh

AOL

#19 Nov 21, 2010
Money isn't everything you idiot. I grew up with a single parent, getting reduced lunches at school and I'm fine. HOWEVER, this woman claims her living conditions were worse than that of her kids. My question was if here conditions were worse, how did she have $100,000 distributed. Remember she provided no heat, gas, electricity, or water. I can't imagine being worse than that, but that is her claim, not mine. So... where the heck does 100k come from?
Wtf

Dover, PA

#20 Nov 21, 2010
This story is f'd up on so many levels, I can't believe people like this really exist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Came From Monkeys Dec 9 DOVER PA SCHOOLS ... 1
Dover Pa School district is on its way To Hell Dec 8 TEACHERS ARE LIARS 1
Juvenile charged as adult in Dover robbery (Nov '10) Dec 6 xndndndndx 3
Barack Obama Came From Monkey Dec 5 dover plant judge 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Dec 3 Brown 35
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov '14 Batman 54
Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Oct '14 bleuone 23
East Berlin Dating
Find my Match

East Berlin People Search