Penn State THON season upon us

Full story: The York Daily Record

Sam Noerpel had no idea what to expect when he attended his first THON event at Penn State.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, THON.

The time of year that people stand on the busiest intersections in York bothering drivers, causing even MORE of a distraction for motorists, while panhandling for beer money.
Anonymous

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Way to go PSU students! It always makes me smile when I see those students standing near intersections collecting donations. Cancer affects us all and more money = more research = more CURES!
Really

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

Common Sense Soldier wrote:
Yeah, THON.
The time of year that people stand on the busiest intersections in York bothering drivers, causing even MORE of a distraction for motorists, while panhandling for beer money.
1) There are four canning weekends for the entire year. That's 8 days, MAX, that you are so terribly inconvenienced.

2) All the money is donated and is spent at the Hershey Medical Center in Hershey. Your neighbors, CSS, benefit tremendously.

3) Last year, over 7 million dollars was raised. When was the last time you, Common Sense Solider, did anything that even approaches that level of value to your community?

I can only pray your child, or someone close to you never has the dreadful misfortune of being diagnosed with pediatric cancer. Or perhaps if you were so unfortunate, you would come to know the wonderful work and significant impact THON has on the families and children diagnosed with cancer.

Soften your heart. You're a disgrace.
just me

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Common Sense Soldier.....Does it hurt to be so stupid, or does it just come naturally?
Disgusted

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Common Sense Soldier, you're a distraction to society just by being a part of it with your rude comments! Hopefully you will never experience anything in life that you will need help with because I wouldn't want anyone to help if it would cause any type of distraction to the citizens of Pennsylvania! Grow up!!!!
cancer kid mom

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

common sense soldier, I am the mother of a child that fought cancer for 8 years and the mother of a child heavily involved in THON as a tribute to her brother's memory. Your willingness to make such a ridiculous comment about something you obviously have a deep ignorance of makes me feel sad for you and people forced to be your family or acquaintances. I can only hope that when you need help and support you are shown the same loveliness you have given out. Next time, do your research before you open your extremely uninformed mouth.
just me

Wynnewood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

cancer kid mom wrote:
common sense soldier, I am the mother of a child that fought cancer for 8 years and the mother of a child heavily involved in THON as a tribute to her brother's memory. Your willingness to make such a ridiculous comment about something you obviously have a deep ignorance of makes me feel sad for you and people forced to be your family or acquaintances. I can only hope that when you need help and support you are shown the same loveliness you have given out. Next time, do your research before you open your extremely uninformed mouth.
K - I'll be thinking of you and all the "THON kids" this weekend!! xoxox

Since: Feb 11

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
K - I'll be thinking of you and all the "THON kids" this weekend!! xoxox
Thrilled

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

I am always thrilled to see those PSU canners! Our daughter did it several years in freezing cold weather. These kids are so dedicated. She also danced her last year and we spent the weekend at the BJC. I say before anyone critizes anything about THON, they need to experience it first. It truly is a life changer. GO PSU!

Break the record -- FTK
support THON

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

cancer kid mom wrote:
if your dghtr is who i think she is...she is doing an amazing job for THON & pediatric cancer. she shows alot of "hope" :-)
support THON

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, THON.
you're a cancer on society...
Lubbie Dubbie

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, THON.
Uh oh! You hit the PC button. Don't you know you are not allowed to tell the truth? But seriously, I cannont believe that it is legal to have people out in the street at stoplights soliciting money. It's not just Thon, it's other groups too. With all the distractions of cell phones, smoking, etc. do we need a further distraction of people running in front of and around cars at an intersection? Some day someone is going to get hurt or worse.
support THON

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Lubbie Dubbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh! You hit the PC button. Don't you know you are not allowed to tell the truth? But seriously, I cannont believe that it is legal to have people out in the street at stoplights soliciting money. It's not just Thon, it's other groups too. With all the distractions of cell phones, smoking, etc. do we need a further distraction of people running in front of and around cars at an intersection? Some day someone is going to get hurt or worse.
you have got to be kidding?!? if the thon kids distract you maybe you should just stay off the roads.
Crimebusters Notebook

New Freedom, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Boring. Wake me up when it is THONG season.
a little of both

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Great cause ,but use a little wisdom. I saw a young lady almost picked off in an intersection last year. Glad you are doing what you do, but let's not lose one of these overzealous college students. Pleas be safe when you collect!

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Lubbie Dubbie wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the truth? That PSU students have raised millions of dollars to help children fighting cancer...yes that is the truth. It's not PC it's called being an active, caring member of society. How could anyone complain about people trying to help little kids with cancer? So if all you people that are "distracted" by others trying to help children just mail in a donation then maybe they won't have to can on the streets.
I guess if it's not your child dying it doesn't matter. Hope it never is
Common Sense Soldier

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Lubbie Dubbie wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot believe that it is legal to have people out in the street at stoplights soliciting money.
Actually it isn't legal at all. It's just overlooked by lazy cops.

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually it isn't legal at all. It's just overlooked by lazy cops.
Untrue, again....check your facts..
No it all

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

a little of both wrote:
Great cause ,but use a little wisdom. I saw a young lady almost picked off in an intersection last year. Glad you are doing what you do, but let's not lose one of these overzealous college students. Pleas be safe when you collect!
Amen! All we need is one child to get hurt and then someone from Penn State to admit no training, no supervision and in general a bad idea and then the lawsuits will start. Doesn't anyone remember those stupid bonfires at Texas A&M? Just becuase they are good hearted college kids does not mean than can operate outside the law and common sense.
Lubbie Dubbie

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

cancer kid mom wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the truth? That PSU students have raised millions of dollars to help children fighting cancer...yes that is the truth. It's not PC it's called being an active, caring member of society. How could anyone complain about people trying to help little kids with cancer? So if all you people that are "distracted" by others trying to help children just mail in a donation then maybe they won't have to can on the streets.
I guess if it's not your child dying it doesn't matter. Hope it never is
Hey Lady, I'm just trying to keep the kids from getting run over by a car. When people are out in the lane of traffic someday they are going to get hit. Maybe you don't, but when I'm driving I'm watching the light, the other cars and now I'm supposed to make sure I don't hit some kids running around in the street, coming out from in front of a truck or van and impposible for me to see. So just park your lips and engage your brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent East Berlin Discussions

Search the East Berlin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr D Cheney 51,295
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Apr 9 Fraud 22
Review: JEN Rabensteins Pet Grooming Apr 2 jen rabenstein 1
Potholes to be patched throughout York County t... (Feb '11) Mar 20 John riedel 3
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
Dover church to host vigil after teacher charge... Mar '14 Tyler 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Dover, PA (Aug '10) Feb '14 Matt Leary 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

East Berlin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

East Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE